The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

I went to the zoo yesterday and just wanted to share my favourites from the day :biggrin:

This one isn't technically very good (my lens kept steaming up and wouldn't behave properly which was a bummer) but I really like it

Reply 2721

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by georgegabriel
Has anyone seen or tried this technicque called HDTR? It's basically time-lapse but in one photo rather than a video. You might have seen the below image of Toronto before..I'm going to try it in Berlin next week. I just had a practice with some webcam images from Vancouver, it's such a clever concept!

timelapsed downtown toronto by wvs, on Flickr

Burrard Bridge, Vancouver: 4PM - 5:45PM by georgegabriel, on Flickr

An interesting idea. I actually prefer the image where there has been no attempt to merge the different frames (the cross sections are clearly defined). Adds more impact I think. Would look good as separate prints across a wall.

It would be really cool if it could be framed to have SunSet->Night->SunRise across the frame.
I love vines and creepers :love:

Reply 2725
Nothing that artistic or great, I just like this picture! :smile:

This snake is a Hognose. They don't grow that big they are also a wonderful snake especially if you don't have much room. If your starting out and looking for snakes to get, i wouldn't advise these as first first snakes due to their attitude and they are venomous (but not on DWA!). Look for Royal (Ball) Pythons if you don't have much room, or Corn Snakes if you can find room for a 4ft viv and possibly 5-6ft viv later on in it's life.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2726
Here are some of my latest pictures, haven't posted here in a while!

Duck on water by teh_shmuxel, on Flickr

Bridge on the Serpentine by teh_shmuxel, on Flickr

Grass by teh_shmuxel, on Flickr
Reply 2727
taken with the 2 megapixel camera on my phone

Original post by shmuxel
Here are some of my latest pictures, haven't posted here in a while!

Duck on water by teh_shmuxel, on Flickr

I feel compelled to tell you that it isn't a duck there :eek::eek:
Oh well, I certainly cannot compete with those wonderful shots. :smile:
Mine are nothing special or professional (both are taken with camera mobile), but I really admire the landscape and architecture in Bavaria, so here they are:

Reply 2730
Original post by mackemforever
I feel compelled to tell you that it isn't a duck there :eek::eek:

LOL, it's a duck pretending to be a swan :wink:
How do i post photos!
Ahhhh computers!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by alcazaba
An interesting idea. I actually prefer the image where there has been no attempt to merge the different frames (the cross sections are clearly defined). Adds more impact I think. Would look good as separate prints across a wall.

It would be really cool if it could be framed to have SunSet->Night->SunRise across the frame.

I agree, but sadly I don't know how to do that! I've only just started out with photoshop. I'll look into it though. I'd like to try one with sunrise sunset and the night..but it'd take a lot of dedication haha!
Original post by death.drop
I went to the zoo yesterday and just wanted to share my favourites from the day :biggrin:

Nice, what camera did you use?

Wooo they worked!

My dog :smile: My recent personal faves :smile: But, i may be bias! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by death.drop

snc6/185314_10150349510304363_510329362_9808302_1569209_n.jpg

I love the picture of the lemur :smile: He looks like he's staring really intently at a film or something :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2736
I took this one on holiday a few weeks ago.

Original post by Nick1sHere
Nice, what camera did you use?

I used a Nikon d3000 with an 18-105 VR. Forgot my rubber lens cap which I was gutted about as virtually everything was behind glass.
Took some more pics today :smile: Sorry for the dump, I wasn't sure which ones were best:

table tennis by refrigerate, on Flickr

swallowcliffe by refrigerate, on Flickr

sunlight by refrigerate, on Flickr

peaches? by refrigerate, on Flickr
Not a good picture by any means - was just testing out my new camera. But I love this photo of my dog :h:

(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending