The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Really happy Kimi no iru Machi is (finally) getting an anime, I was hoping for this, it has potential
I ended up watching more anime than expected when my friends visited; when it became apparent that we wouldn't have enough time to marathon the final season of BSG, we instead chose a shorter anime series, Ray the Animation (review in thread). Also, since Riding Bean arrived from LOVEFiLM, we watched that too. :biggrin: Wish that had been made into a series. :sigh:
Reply 1782
Manyu Hikenchou is frickin weird :indiff: this beyond gigantic boob obsession is one thing ...but the constant sound they make when they bounce around ...sounds oddly like a horse's hooves as it walks along a road.:wtf:
Reply 1783
Original post by vin
the constant sound they make when they bounce around ...sounds oddly like a horse's hooves as it walks along a road.:wtf:

It's much more amusing to read reports about the show such as this one than I suspect it would be to actually watch it.
Reply 1784
Immersing myself in more dantalian...behind by a week so 2 episodes to watch, man I love this show :hugs:
In the last pub quiz I went to in the village, there was a picture round that was pretty much identical to my 'identify the anime thread', but with children's TV shows/cartoons. Though given the average age of people attending, most of these shows were from the 80s or much earlier. And unsurprisingly for that time period, there were a few anime titles thrown in. :awesome: I instantly recognized Ulysses 31, but the others threw me. Turned out that one was 'Battle of the Planets' - TBH, even if I HAD recognized it I'd probably have written Gatchaman since that's the series it was adapted from... and somehow I doubt they'd have given us a mark for that. :giggle: The third was Mysterious Cities of Gold, and to be fair the quality of the picture was so bad we couldn't tell it was animated and guessed Power Rangers. :o: There was this robotic-looking bird-thing, which we assumed was the Pink Ranger's Pterodactyl. :p: Regardless, I took that as an excuse to finally get hold of Mysterious Cities of Gold, which I've wanted to for ages. :yes:

In case you were wondering, we came last on the main quiz by quite a bit, but our great performance on the other, non-anime kids shows pushed us up to second overall. :proud:
Naruto is my all time favourite but lately I've fell behind. I haven't watched about 3 month worth of videos so I should really do some catching up. The anime tends to drag though :/
Reply 1787
That girl in kami-sama dolls still has weird shaped boobs that seem quite out of place considering no one else has them.:hmmm:
Out of interest, is anyone else here watching Kamisama no Memo-chou? And if so, are you finding it as boring as I am? :hmmmm2: I just can't seem to get into it at all, whereas everything else I picked up was either great from the start or has quickly grown on me. :s:
Reply 1789
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Out of interest, is anyone else here watching Kamisama no Memo-chou? And if so, are you finding it as boring as I am? :hmmmm2: I just can't seem to get into it at all, whereas everything else I picked up was either great from the start or has quickly grown on me. :s:

yes and well its ok, not as interesting as it was to begin with :s-smilie:
Reply 1790

I was about to a few days ago, and then I noticed it was ~46 minutes long, and I thought "I'm too tired for that" :mmm:

I can remember the bit before the OP didn't catch me at all...it was a bit like kamisama dolls- strange things happening I guess to draw people in and ask "what's that all about?" but both times I felt detached from it and it seemed boring...obscure and odd for the sake of it :ahee:

The first episode is meant to be doublish length right?
Original post by Truered
I was about to a few days ago, and then I noticed it was ~46 minutes long, and I thought "I'm too tired for that" :mmm:

I can remember the bit before the OP didn't catch me at all...it was a bit like kamisama dolls- strange things happening I guess to draw people in and ask "what's that all about?" but both times I felt detached from it and it seemed boring...obscure and odd for the sake of it :ahee:

The first episode is meant to be doublish length right?

I'm finding Kamisama Dolls pretty good myself, it has plenty of action and a decent enough plot to make up for the not-so-great animation, though it's hardly the best series of the season.

The first episode of Kami Memo is indeed meant to be double length. :yes: I think my problem with it is the opposite to Kamisama Dolls - it seems to be all pretty animation and (so far) lacks a decent plot.
Reply 1792
I'm finding Kamisama Dolls pretty good myself, it has plenty of action and a decent enough plot to make up for the not-so-great animation, though it's hardly the best series of the season.

The first episode of Kami Memo is indeed meant to be double length. :yes: I think my problem with it is the opposite to Kamisama Dolls - it seems to be all pretty animation and (so far) lacks a decent plot.

I agree with your comments concerning the former. With the latter, I decided to wait until it finished airing after watching the opening episode. Seems my decision was wise. :tongue:
Reply 1793
Watching Heat Guy J again

I like how Daisuke's informers are the ex-head of the mafia as well as 3 hairdressers :awesome:
Reply 1794
And now cowboy bebop the movie again, not sure if jay's sold on it, but it's still my favourite :love:
Reply 1795
Re watching The Big O. Ah nostalgia
Reply 1796
Because my Dad updated his sound system, he no longer needed his old blu ray player and got a new one instead, so I've got his old one :teeth:

To celebrate I bought the blu rays of Eva 2.22 and High school of the dead :borat: And imported the first two DBZ Kai sets

(and also the alien anthology :teeth: I will now have had all 4 alien films on vhs, DVD and blu ray :nyoron: )
Just finished the Yoshiwara Arc in Gintama - probably the best bit of anime I've ever watched (so far). Awesome. :adore:
Reply 1798
Original post by EskimoJo
Just finished the Yoshiwara Arc in Gintama - probably the best bit of anime I've ever watched (so far). Awesome. :adore:

Woo, another Gintama watcher. :smile: Agree on that though, that arc is one of the most epic set of episodes I've watched. (I feel you'll love the latest arc they had about the 4 Devas).

Finished watching Chrno Crusade. I've got some mixed feelings about this. It started off well and the story itself was promising, but the last few episodes confused me a lot and the ending itself, although sort of expected, was a little disappointing.

Gintama 223 The main characters weren't in this episode at all, but it was still stupidly hilarious and melodramatic. Nice to hear Norio Wakamoto's voice again. :biggrin:
Back from Reading, where I somehow survived a long weekend without internet. I say 'somehow', but in truth I know exactly how I managed it - anime marathon. :awesome: I usually decide what to watch based on the roll of a die, but since I didn't bring dice, and since my old laptop isn't up to playing HD files anymore, I just spontaneously chose from the few series I have in AVI. :yes: I haven't got time to review them all, so here's what I watched in brief:

Master of Epic - Low budget (compare the animation to just about any other GONZO show that year) hit-or-miss comedy, with more hits than misses. When it did hit, however, it was pretty funny. 2/5

Munto TV - Another blatantly low budget show (they made K-ON! in the same year!?). Plot was weak - despite the series only being 9 episodes long, it felt stretched... Marginally better than MoE, if only because of Norio Wakamoto. 2.5/5

Legendary Gambler Tetsuya - A much better series than any of the above, despite having the worst animation by far. Still don't know how to play mahjong, but that never seems to matter. :p: 4/5

Space Battleship Yamato - A classic, and (on the whole) probably the best looking show I've seen from the 70s; however, it was apparently made in a hurry, and has the odd mistake here and there. :p: Ending was cheesy as hell. :sigh: 4/5

And finally, I'm a couple of episodes from finishing Space Pirate Mito. I'll hold off on rating it until the end, but quite like it so far. Interesting animation style, fun characters, but not the best of plots TBH.

---

As for purchases, I bought another volume of Spice & Wolf (light novel), one of Hidamari Sketch, all of Clover, and vol. 1 of my first Korean title (a bit of an impulse buy since I liked the art - you have been warned Cara :mmm:) One Fine Day. :yes: Anime-wise, I picked up the Sherlock Hound box set, which at less than 50p per episode wasn't a bad deal. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest