The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2780
Original post by KatherineGiddins
I think this is one of my best

Delete the part in bold for the image to work.

Well, that quote just looks confusing. Leave only the second url (http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6146/5926957223_f7abdb55b4.jpg)
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi- please check out my photostream on Flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/52166906@N08/
Original post by Roobsa
Delete the part in bold for the image to work.

Well, that quote just looks confusing. Leave only the second url (http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6146/5926957223_f7abdb55b4.jpg)

Can you not see the picture still?- it's showing up on my computer now- it took me a while to realise that I had to click "grab the BB code" instead of the "html" code on flickr- thanks for the advice though
Reply 2783
Can you not see the picture still?- it's showing up on my computer now- it took me a while to realise that I had to click "grab the BB code" instead of the "html" code on flickr- thanks for the advice though

Yep, I can now! Lovely photo. It needs to caption "Incoming in 3...2..." :p:
Reply 2784
some lovely photos in here.
Original post by iwantcheese5
Do you make your HDR images from three photos at different exposures or using an effect in photoshop? I think you might be overdoing the effects a bit, looks a little bizarre...easy to do though I've gone OTT on quite a few photos in the heat of the moment :tongue:

i take three different exposures and combine them in photoshop - then HDR away in photoshop.

HDR is one of those things people like or hate IMO - for me i love this HDR and probably most of my photography will be HDR and SEPIA/back and white.
Original post by IamMarcoPolo
i take three different exposures and combine them in photoshop - then HDR away in photoshop.

HDR is one of those things people like or hate IMO - for me i love this HDR and probably most of my photography will be HDR and SEPIA/back and white.

Not wanting to take this thread way off topic, but I'm a big fan of natural looking HDRs, but only rarely do I like the surreal effect some people go for. Your one looks a bit surreal and you've possibly pushed the detail slider up too far (I know mine look similar if I do that anyway).

Easy done though.
Original post by R. Murray
Not wanting to take this thread way off topic, but I'm a big fan of natural looking HDRs, but only rarely do I like the surreal effect some people go for. Your one looks a bit surreal and you've possibly pushed the detail slider up too far (I know mine look similar if I do that anyway).

Easy done though.

do you have some photos of yours i could take a look at - if you wouldent mind - just to see where other people are heading with HDR

also what kit do you guys for your photos

:smile:

But i thank you for the input!

I'm a fan of HDR but like someone else said I like it when it enhances things in a more natural way, bringing out the detail in the areas which would normally be over/under exposed when shooting a single photo. I quite like playing with black and white, can make photos look amazing! I've never had much luck with sepia though.
(edited 12 years ago)
do you have some photos of yours i could take a look at - if you wouldent mind - just to see where other people are heading with HDR

also what kit do you guys for your photos

:smile:

But i thank you for the input!

PM sent :smile:
Original post by Roobsa
Yep, I can now! Lovely photo. It needs to caption "Incoming in 3...2..." :p:

Thanks! good idea for a caption
Reply 2791
This is one of my best although I didn't have the best lens to hand (kit 18-55mm) and I kind of don't know what I'm doing when it comes to post-processing. :tongue:

Birds in Istanbul by tastemur, on Flickr
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by georgegabriel

Sunset over Berlin

That's awesome :biggrin:
Hi guys, check out my journal on http://www.flickr.com/photos/66881158@N07/?saved=1 , just beginning my life long hobby of photography, going to bring alot of HDR images in the future.

*High five* I'm just starting out too...but I have loads of pictures. Maybe I should start thinking that quality is not quantity. I'm just obsessed!! Click my link below to have a look see :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think this is one of my best

I saw you had problems getting your picture on here....(stop me if It's sorted now :biggrin: ) You just go to "share" about your pic, then hi light and copy the BB code in the size you want then just paste that code into here. You don't need to put in the at either end of it :smile:
Aware that I've already trickled a couple in here but I've finally sorted out my photos from my trip to Berlin. I'm starting to understand photography more and more every day and I hope this reflects in m photos :smile:

Berlin at Night / Berlin bei Nacht by georgegabriel, on Flickr

Blue Flame by georgegabriel, on Flickr

Berlin from below by georgegabriel, on Flickr
Original post by georgegabriel
Aware that I've already trickled a couple in here but I've finally sorted out my photos from my trip to Berlin. I'm starting to understand photography more and more every day and I hope this reflects in m photos :smile:
Berlin from below by georgegabriel, on Flickr

Great pix :smile: Love the first one, and the perspective of the second :smile:

New one:

The pic on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/villageorge/6087064521/in/photostream/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2798
Three from the Sunday of the Shoreham airshow last week.

Untitled by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr

Original post by dhr90
Three from the Sunday of the Shoreham airshow last week.

i should imagine you were using a fairly large zoom lens for that? -70-300mm perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending