The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys, I have netcounter installed on my new S2 but something is consuming vast amounts of data and as I'm on wifi its ok but I'm worried that when I switch to 3G it will still do it. Are there any apps that monitor how much data each app is using
Original post by wizard710
Guys, I have netcounter installed on my new S2 but something is consuming vast amounts of data and as I'm on wifi its ok but I'm worried that when I switch to 3G it will still do it. Are there any apps that monitor how much data each app is using

3G watchdog is very accurate and works brilliant on my S2

Do you have many apps installed? Some apps that ask for network access basically connect to the internet and update or whatever without you knowing.
Reply 5862
My dad's about to buy an Orange Monte Carlo, or possibly a wildfire S. What do you guys think of these two? tbh, he's more of a casual phone user so he doesn't need all the gadgets. The monte carlo is £50 cheaper than the wildfire S (which is ~£200) though, is it the best phone you can get for £150? :smile:
Original post by F_shakeey

Original post by F_shakeey
3G watchdog is very accurate and works brilliant on my S2

Do you have many apps installed? Some apps that ask for network access basically connect to the internet and update or whatever without you knowing.

I have that now but I really want an app that sees which other apps are using how much data so I can see which apps to uninstall/limit
I have that now but I really want an app that sees which other apps are using how much data so I can see which apps to uninstall/limit

Hmm you would have to look around then. Possibly the watchdog paid version might have that.
Original post by Lefty_P
Anyone else having a problem with the latest Youtube update? I have a HTC Desire and ever since I installed the update the app just doesn't work at all. It installs correctly, but when I try to open the app it says 'the linked program is no longer installed on your phone'
So I have deleted all updates from manage apps, and it works fine but it is the very basic and old version which is really buggy and ****. I have installed the new update several times but encounter the same problem each time.
Any way of maybe installing an older update? (Previous one worked fine)

Delete the shortcut and re create it. :smile: I assume that if you open it from the app list, it'll work fine.
Anyone know any screenshots for non rooted phone?
Reply 5867
Original post by TheCasual

What do you mean?
Original post by estel
What do you mean?

I'm guessing they mean screenshot apps (like DroCap).

Go on giffgaff, get unlimited mobile internet and don't worry about how much data you use. :wink:
Original post by G8D
Assuming you mean the taking of screenshots...

You can only do it if your phone has the feature built in (not many do) or through the Android SDK.

Whats Android SDK? I'm not very tec savvy :'(
Reply 5871

Yeh, as G8D said, it's not easy to do.

What phone do you have?

The SDK approach mentioned above probably isn't what you're looking for: it's only something that you can do whilst your phone is plugged into your computer; and will require downloading a relatively substantial amount of software.
Original post by estel
Yeh, as G8D said, it's not easy to do.

What phone do you have?

The SDK approach mentioned above probably isn't what you're looking for: it's only something that you can do whilst your phone is plugged into your computer; and will require downloading a relatively substantial amount of software.

HTC Legend. I just find it really strange that theres a BB app screenshot app, but not on Android

Original post by G8D
My keyboard has been bugging out for days now (not rebooted to fix it).

Initially the "hold period and select common non-alphanumeric character" window was invisible.
Then the entire keyboard was invisible and didn't rearrange the text box when in landscape mode so I could type by memory and see the screen as it would be were the keyboard not open.
Now the keyboard is completely black, still usable but just a black mass.

Kinda cool.

That happened to me a few times with swift key and I just rebooted but I guess you've already done that

Original post by G8D
"(not rebooted to fix it)"
:tongue:
Just cba.

Now it's just invisible.

AAh fair enough. Are you still on your HD2?
Hey guys, just wondering, is anyone experiencing a slow down on the Facebook for Android App recently? I just want to see if it's my phone that's at fault or not =P

Original post by G8D
Yeah I am :smile:

It's nothing compared to what's out there these days, but it's powerful enough to provide a satisfying Android experience.
I kinda want the Samsung Note :moon:

Really. It's 5.3". its HUGE
Original post by stuffedfigs
Hey guys, just wondering, is anyone experiencing a slow down on the Facebook for Android App recently? I just want to see if it's my phone that's at fault or not =P

Me. It just keeps on loading, but nothing happening :frown:

Original post by G8D
I've went from 3.2 to 4.3. It's only logical :colone:

Think of the pixel density :sogood:

Plus I like the idea of taking written notes with it on the fly (it looks really sensitive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMvMWyXldzk)

I suppose so yeah
Me. It just keeps on loading, but nothing happening :frown:

Nope, it is still blisteringly quick on my S2 but then so is everything :colone:
Original post by G8D
No Facebook problems here.

Facebook app is a bit slow at times in my opinion.

Latest

Trending

Trending