The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4180
Original post by Fang_RedDragon
Seriously, lets! Id like that. After Freshers Week and all the crazy madness of that, we should meet up and do nerdy syfy (it has to be spelt after the truely dreadful Sky TV channel, its the law) things. Im odd, I haven't seen the big things like Star Trek or Star Wars or Firefly but I can damn near recite bits of Serenity. And I CAN recite whole chapters of The BBC Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy audio CDs. Im so cool :colondollar:
We could meet if you would like.PM me.S'up to you. Ball is in your court, Im not obliging you to tromp halfway across Oxford to meet a fat weird girl you have only ever talked to through the internet!!!:o:eek:

I've got the first 7 seasons of MST3K if anyone wants in on that.
I'm taking my Mad Men and Daria boxsets - that should be enough!
Original post by Trips
I've got the first 7 seasons of MST3K if anyone wants in on that.

Dumb system won't send my long reply that I typed out, so Im abbreviate and say that that its sounds like greatly silly fun and Im definatly up for giving it a go! Put it on the list! Its wikipedia article makes it sound brilliant!
Reply 4183
Original post by MarcD
I think it might just be postgrads that get it. I thought, given the thickness, it would have included all courses, but the bachelor courses don't seem to be in there.

Nope, everyone gets one.
It's a right waste of time as there are only about 2 pages relevant to any one particular course.

I wouldn't bother carting it back and forth each term.
Original post by MarcD
I just looked at the back of this thing and it is actually priced at £45!

Who would pay for £45 for that??!! :confused:
I'm going up tomorrow (staying a night with family there, moving in properly Sunday) and I can't sleep!
Reply 4186
Original post by LtCommanderData
I'm going up tomorrow (staying a night with family there, moving in properly Sunday) and I can't sleep!

I'm doing the same! one more sleep :woo:
Original post by soutioirsim
Who would pay for £45 for that??!! :confused:

Exam perverts?
Reply 4188
Original post by LtCommanderData

Everybody else is coming up now. I've been here for a week now. I'm surprised how boring the city actually is when one has nothing to do and no one to see.
Original post by MarcD
You can use this when you get here :p: It's the first thing they gave me when I popped into Queen's yesterday!

Original post by soutioirsim
Holy crap! :eek: You could kill wild buffalo with that thing!

Original post by BeritV
You cannot be serious. Does EVERYONE get that? That is such a waste.

I did mention this a few pages ago and yes, everyone gets it. It is universally doorstop/paperweight material, so it's actually quite useful, just not for what they intended :biggrin:

To everyone, dont worry about the size of your packing, noone knows how much to bring the first time. You'll get better as you go along, plus in the coming terms you can leave a lot of stuff there. The lockers at Catz are huge, I can't imagine they'd be much smaller in other colleges. So bring everything, and you can sort out what you really need later. Well, not everything, but you get the idea...
Reply 4190
Original post by Incarnadine91
The lockers at Catz are huge, I can't imagine they'd be much smaller in other colleges.

"lockers"? :lolwut:
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Because everyone else has packed and I've just got stuff all over my bedroom floor!

Ha! Are you leaving tomorrow or tuesday though? :pierre:
Original post by rev_pain
I went to St Cuthbert's if you know it - in the west end of Newcastle. You?

Ah well, I liked Keble, shame to get moved along.

I know this is a bit late, but I DO know it! So I'm guessing you know James Collerton? He's going out with one of my friends! Then there's this guy I sort of know/is a friend of a friend called Ryan Pendleton? He went to Newcastle College for A Level I think.
Reply 4193
Original post by flywithemma
I know this is a bit late, but I DO know it! So I'm guessing you know James Collerton? He's going out with one of my friends! Then there's this guy I sort of know/is a friend of a friend called Ryan Pendleton? He went to Newcastle College for A Level I think.

Haha yeh I know Collerton! small world, I had further maths with him

don't know the other guy though - I was in the year above (gap year)
STILL haven't done my essay >.< Doesn't help that our house is constantly filled with builders blasting music and hammering
So, in a period of ultra-organisedness (aided by my mum) I have packed. :smile: Mostly. By packed I mean wrapped all my pots and glasses in tea towels (even my Lincoln scarf was comandeered!!) and put pyjamas in an overnight bag. The majority of my 'nice' clothes are still on hangers all around the spare room.

I am still, desperately reading from the reading list, but there is no way I am going to have finished everything now. But on Tuesday...I'm so excited. I have the bare minimum of information from Lincoln about what actually happens on Freshers week, club nights and an afternoon at the boat club, but I'm still so so thrilled.

Does anyone go later than the 4th? I know friends of friends who are going on Sunday (tomorrow!!!!) but no one later than Tuesday. And most of my friends have already gone to their universities, only Durham appears to be holding off as long as us and even they go on Monday.

How is everyone feeling? Excited? Nervous?:biggrin::colondollar:
Reply 4196
So... I seem to have come down with some kind of virus/mouth infection thing :frown: this isn't nice. And most certainly not what I asked for a few days before freshers!! argh.... :angry:
Original post by rev_pain
Haha yeh I know Collerton! small world, I had further maths with him

don't know the other guy though - I was in the year above (gap year)

Ah okay. The other guy is really weird. :s-smilie:

But yeah indeed, small world, James lives like 2 miles away from me.
Reply 4198
Original post by -mai-
So... I seem to have come down with some kind of virus/mouth infection thing :frown: this isn't nice. And most certainly not what I asked for a few days before freshers!! argh.... :angry:
Alcohol is an excellent disinfectant. Just sayin'.
Reply 4199
Went out to buy the essentials, came back with clothes.

What colleges/courses are going up tomorrow? I'm going up for about 10am Monday...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending