The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Is a year abroad compulsory for the history course at Leeds?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Got a letter yesterday inviting me for interview :biggrin:

(I didn't even know they interviewed - it's not on their website!)
Reply 42
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
Got a letter yesterday inviting me for interview :biggrin:

(I didn't even know they interviewed - it's not on their website!)

What course?
Original post by Trautmann
What course?

Civil Engineering:smile:
Finally received an acknowledgement from Leeds :tongue:
Reply 45
Original post by hannahwhelan
Finally received an acknowledgement from Leeds :tongue:

Do Leeds do acknowledgements? I sent my application on the 29th of September and have heard from everywhere apart from Leeds...
Original post by music3210
Do Leeds do acknowledgements? I sent my application on the 29th of September and have heard from everywhere apart from Leeds...

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to study English (BA English Language, BA English Language and Literature, BA English Literature and Theatre Studies) at the University of Leeds.

I can confirm that your application has been received safely and is now been considered by our Admissions Tutor. We will contact you with our decision or further news on the status of your application as soon as we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes

Maddy

Maddy Burrows
Undergraduate Admissions Officer
School of English

My application was processed on the 4th October, and I only just received an acknowledgement :dontknow: Maybe they're sending them out manually?
Reply 47

My application was processed on the 4th October, and I only just received an acknowledgement :dontknow: Maybe they're sending them out manually?

Maybe it is because they are from induvidual departments so it takes longer? Whereas my ones from others were from the whole undergrad admissions dept?
Reply 48
Do Leeds interview for history?

Leeds usually ask for an interview (for any subject) before making an offer, or at least thats what they said at the open day...
Reply 50
Does anyone know if they acknowledge for law?
Slightly regretting putting down Leeds since they interview. At the time I thought that would be fine but now it seems like a hell of a lot of effort and stress for my insurance :eek:
Reply 52
OMG THEY INTERVIEW!!!
WTF can you talk about in a Maths interview!!!
Reply 53
Applied for biochemistry, predicted A*AAA in Biology Chemistry Maths and Media Studies :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by bethmarydowd
OP what are you including in your portfolio?

Another Graphic design student! :biggrin:
At the GD+T they said they don't look at portfolios because of time constraints. Which is lucky really, I only have some product design and a little bit of web design so far.... I'm taking a foundation course before hand though. What have you got in yours?
Reply 55
applied for biochemistry, got AAA offer a week ago :frown: are everyones offers that high?

Hi :smile:

I applied to Leeds last year for English with something historical aha, they didnt ask me for an interview, and many of my friends have gone to Leeds this year for a variety of subjects and none of them said anything about interviews :smile:

So unless they have suddenly changed for 2012....I don't know, I hope not since I have completely changed what course I am applying for :')
Original post by jdavies60
applied for biochemistry, got AAA offer a week ago :frown: are everyones offers that high?

That seems about average yes. Especially for popular and highly competitive subjects like Biochemistry, English, law...:smile:
Original post by jdavies60

I've applied for Biochemistry for haven't heard anything - when did you send your UCAS? I'm reapplying so I already have my A Levels, BBB... Not sure I'll get in!
Reply 59
Got a conditional offer for Geography bsc :biggrin: Need to get AAB

Quick Reply

Latest