The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure it was real! I remember it so clearly because it was so disturbing!!
The Egger Sanction
It's called "Accepted" starring Justin Long :smile:

Oh and I love your sig :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
One Ran Over The Chicken's Nest?
I started talking with my family today about 2 films I saw years ago but I can't remember the names of them and neither can my family!

First one, a man's wife and child get kidnapped and held hostage on a boat. The man is a cop/cia agent/ something like that, and tries to get his wife and child back. I know it was made in the 90s but I couldn't tell you who starred in it at all!

Second one, I remember seeing it on tv when I was little and found it terrifying. All I remember from it was that someone was going round a city and kept finding small body parts with some sticky liquid on them. At one point in the film this person is looking in a dark room (possibly a tunnel) that has all this thick, yellow sticky stuff on the walls and suddenly a person/monster comes out of the yellow stuff and grabs onto the other person. I assume the person/monster in the walls was the one who was responsible for all the body parts all over the city. Then I can't remember anything that happens inbetween that and the end, but the film finishes with zooming away from the main characters up into a tree, which has a human finger dangling from a branch. Scared me to death at the time, but I'm curious to know what film it is.

If anyone has any ideas as to what these films might be, please let me know! The second one has been bugging me throughout my life ever since I saw it and that was like 15 years ago!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey everyone :smile:
In our general studies lecture at college a few weeks ago we were discussing the death penalty. We got shown a clip from a film but I cant remember its name, its got this big black guy who is wrongly accused of raping and killing a white woman or something, in the scene he is executed by the electric chair. I think ive also seen him in daredevil.

Does anyone know what the films called?
It looked really interesting.
Thanks in advance.
The Green Mile - accused of raping and killing two kids though. Still all about the death penalty.
Green Mile. With Tom Hanks?
Original post by areebmazhar
In our general studies lecture at college a few weeks ago we were discussing the death penalty. We got shown a clip from a film but I cant remember its name, its got this big black guy who is wrongly accused of raping and killing a white woman or something, in the scene he is executed by the electric chair. I think ive also seen him in daredevil.

Thanks in advance.

The Green Mile

Damn! A link. I guess you win.
Reply 270
Hotel for Dogs.
Green Mile is incredibly over-rated. The book is a 1000x times better. After reading the book I couldn't so much as bare to watch the film. They completely butchered it.
Reply 272
Is it bad that I guessed the film just by reading the thread title?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rebellious-Steve
Green Mile is incredibly over-rated. The book is a 1000x times better. After reading the book I couldn't so much as bare to watch the film. They completely butchered it.

I bought the book as I figured it would be loads better :smile: Haven't read it yet.

Sorry for being off topic OP...

Thanks in advance.

It is

OF MICE AND MEN :biggrin:
EDIT
:lol: no thats a white guy and he gets shot my bad...

Yeah thats it thanks, ill try to remember to rate you tomorrow lol.
Original post by T-Hill

Lol, nobody knows his name, everyone I know refer to him as that big black guy.
Reply 277
White chicks

I didnt neg you btw, must be someone who really likes the film. I must try to get the book then.
Reply 279
Original post by T-Hill

You're not the only one :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest