The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skip_Snip

are you taking the piss or are you being serious? honestly I have no idea right now
Original post by museobsessed
are you taking the piss or are you being serious? honestly I have no idea right now

I'm slightly trolling, but I seriously don't like Kurt or the way he sings, but I understand people like him, so whatevs, I just personally wish he'd vanish :smile:

Anyone else looking forward to

Spoiler

:biggrin:
Especially stupid when you have an active supermod in the thread who has seen every excuse possible :wink:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain

Especially stupid when you have an active supermod in the thread who has seen every excuse possible :wink:

thank you!

EDIT: to clarify, I didn't report
Has anyone heard the leaked Christmas songs?

Spoiler

I looove the first :smile: The second, I'm not too keen on the original but the gleemake is good :smile:
Reply 8765

Workout video with Darren, Harry and Mark. Don't know whether to :laugh: or :fan:
http://tophatkurt.tumblr.com/post/12303477925/klairy-dust
Has anyone heard the leaked Christmas songs?

Spoiler

I looove the first :smile: The second, I'm not too keen on the original but the gleemake is good :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 8768
Original post by TheCrackInTime

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hravan

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by TheCrackInTime

Spoiler

The one I'd found was a streaming link, I guess if anyone else needs it that'd be okay to share?

Spoiler

Reply 8771
I've seen them all to date, and there is nothing which made me think he was amazing, he was pretty consistent tbh, but I'm open to hearing other views :smile:

I just realised that my post sounded a bit like you have to like Kurt if you've seen everything, which is not at all what I meant by the way. I just asked because I felt the same after season 1, and then radically changed my opinion - and was wondering if it could be the same for you :smile:

What I like about Kurt is that he has grown so much despite the difficult circumstances he is put in. He lost his mother, he didn't really seem to have any friends before Glee (and even his Glee friends are often of the backstabbing kind) and until he was 15/16 (?) he was afraid that his sexuality would make his father love him less, so he always tried to hide it from him. I think that the reason that he was often snarky in the first season is because he just felt so lonely - and his way of dealing with that is a 'better than you'-attitude (which I totally understand).

I didn't like it when Kurt wouldn't take no as an answer from Finn, but I think that was again Kurt being incredibly lonely and just wanting someone to love. I think you can see that by the end of season 1 he realises he was wrong there, and when Blaine comes along he deals with the situation in a way that is a lot more mature (for example, when Kurt encouraged Blaine to serenadeJeremiah even though it was breaking his heart).

I love how Kurt is strong enough to not let the bullies really get to him; he is who he is, and he doesn't change for anybody. The only time he wanted to change something about himself was when he felt he was not being the son his father had hoped for - which is another thing I really like about Kurt: his incredible relationship with Burt, and the way Kurt always wants to take care of him.

I think Kurt his made a few mistakes throughout the series, but absolutely everyone in Glee has done things that were 'wrong' (or at least very cringeworthy). I think Kurt is one of the only characters who has fundamentally changed for the better throughout the second season, and who at least has a decent reason to be making mistakes; nobody has had as much of a hard time as he has, and I think he has dealt with everything remarkably well.

Other things I like about Kurt is his wit, his intelligence, his love for Burt and Blaine, his ambition and his confidence (in season 2/3). He really is one of my favourite characters :love:

Sorry for the essay :tongue: And please feel free to disagree! I'm really not trying to force my opinion on anyone, I just like talking about Kurt.
Reply 8772
Oh yes another reason I love Kurt. I am extremely jealous of his father. I want Burt to be my Dad! :cry:
Burt is amazing! :biggrin:

I always feel so mean for not liking Kurt or Klaine and a little bit sad because a lot of people (especially here) love them and I wish I did so I could join in :sad:

I'm tempted to skip next weeks episode

Spoiler

but I will watch it.

Original post by Ambs
I just realised that my post sounded a bit like you have to like Kurt if you've seen everything, which is not at all what I meant by the way. I just asked because I felt the same after season 1, and then radically changed my opinion - and was wondering if it could be the same for you :smile:

What I like about Kurt is that he has grown so much despite the difficult circumstances he is put in. He lost his mother, he didn't really seem to have any friends before Glee (and even his Glee friends are often of the backstabbing kind) and until he was 15/16 (?) he was afraid that his sexuality would make his father love him less, so he always tried to hide it from him. I think that the reason that he was often snarky in the first season is because he just felt so lonely - and his way of dealing with that is a 'better than you'-attitude (which I totally understand).

I didn't like it when Kurt wouldn't take no as an answer from Finn, but I think that was again Kurt being incredibly lonely and just wanting someone to love. I think you can see that by the end of season 1 he realises he was wrong there, and when Blaine comes along he deals with the situation in a way that is a lot more mature (for example, when Kurt encouraged Blaine to serenadeJeremiah even though it was breaking his heart).

I love how Kurt is strong enough to not let the bullies really get to him; he is who he is, and he doesn't change for anybody. The only time he wanted to change something about himself was when he felt he was not being the son his father had hoped for - which is another thing I really like about Kurt: his incredible relationship with Burt, and the way Kurt always wants to take care of him.

I think Kurt his made a few mistakes throughout the series, but absolutely everyone in Glee has done things that were 'wrong' (or at least very cringeworthy). I think Kurt is one of the only characters who has fundamentally changed for the better throughout the second season, and who at least has a decent reason to be making mistakes; nobody has had as much of a hard time as he has, and I think he has dealt with everything remarkably well.

Other things I like about Kurt is his wit, his intelligence, his love for Burt and Blaine, his ambition and his confidence (in season 2/3). He really is one of my favourite characters :love:

Sorry for the essay :tongue: And please feel free to disagree! I'm really not trying to force my opinion on anyone, I just like talking about Kurt.

quoting in full because this is an amazing post and I agree with every word
Original post by diamonddust

Original post by diamonddust
Workout video with Darren, Harry and Mark. Don't know whether to :laugh: or :fan:
http://tophatkurt.tumblr.com/post/12303477925/klairy-dust

omg that video!!!!
1) arms on all of them *brain shortcircuits*
2) Darren doing that in Blaine clothes LOL
3) the noises in that video are so homoerotic its actually hilarious
4) seriously, those weights look HEAVY and yet Darren and Mark are throwing them at each other and doing it on their feet! i cannot!!

i've not even watched the whole thing yet
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8776
Original post by museobsessed
quoting in full because this is an amazing post and I agree with every word

Aww, thanks :hugs: I quickly typed it up during my break at work and these were the first things that came to mind, but I could really write entire essays about my love for Kurt Hummel.
Reply 8777
Original post by dobbys sock
Burt is amazing! :biggrin:

I always feel so mean for not liking Kurt or Klaine and a little bit sad because a lot of people (especially here) love them and I wish I did so I could join in :sad:

I'm tempted to skip next weeks episode

Spoiler

but I will watch it.

Why would you feel mean about not liking them? Not everyone can like the same things, nothing wrong with that! For example, I know Schue has a very loyal fanbase, but I hate the man's guts :dontknow:

I really think you should watch next week though:

Spoiler

I'm really sorry if this thread is too Klaine-centric; I'll gladly tone it down a bit, just say the word :smile:
Original post by Ambs
Why would you feel mean about not liking them? Not everyone can like the same things, nothing wrong with that! For example, I know Schue has a very loyal fanbase, but I hate the man's guts :dontknow:

I really think you should watch next week though:

Spoiler

I'm really sorry if this thread is too Klaine-centric; I'll gladly tone it down a bit, just say the word :smile:

I don't know why I feel mean, maybe because I feel like I should like them? Which is silly. Schue is one of my least favourite characters, can't stand him! He's really creepy and inappropriate with the kids.

Ooh sounds like there's some good stuff happening next week then. The promo didn't really show any of that. I was wondering if I felt slightly uncomfortable with the relationship stuff because I watch it with my mum? The jokey relationship stuff is fine but it's the serious stuff I'm not so good with. God I'm pathetic, lol.

Don't worry about it. There's no need to tone it down. You're free to discuss whatever you want!
Reply 8779
Just followed a live tweeting session from a woman who was watching episode 5. (Fox releases the episodes a few day early to some people.. Like gleecap Jim has also just watched it as well.. )

*collapses into a puddle of rainbows*

Quick Reply

Latest