The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
Original post by caraniel
I have one half hashed out.........but its slow going & I have a lot on at the moment. Trying my best to get it done before Christmas!

Aaaah :vroam:

(Does anyone have a link to the chart, it was so long ago I could have been looking at a troll show chart)
Reply 2421
Original post by Truered

(Does anyone have a link to the chart, it was so long ago I could have been looking at a troll show chart)

http://thecartdriver.com/charts/ilfvwtvzvhy5m/
Reply 2422
Original post by Truered

I tend to use:

http://cal.syoboi.jp/list

You can click for further information and a link to the official website that usually has a promotional video/trailer. Obviously, using Google to translate the page into English might help.

That said, I'm sure there's an English equivalent of the above page which somebody else here will no doubt link to making my source void. :tongue:

Edit:

Aha, trust Cara to deliver. :giggle:
(edited 12 years ago)
*got excited at the presence of Nichijou in the TV series list, only to be hugely disappointed when it turned out to be a re-run*
Reply 2424
Ah it was as I remembered, not much interests me this season. Might give the Nichijou re-edit ago, as I dropped it as it just wasn't doing anything for me, but various clips are funny by themselves- so a cut down might be better then trying the whole series.

Basketarmy interested me when I heard about it last week, but three minutes every 2 months? :lolwut:
Reply 2425
Original post by AngryJellyfish
*got excited at the presence of Nichijou in the TV series list, only to be hugely disappointed when it turned out to be a re-run*

Yeah, I wouldn't mind another serving of Yuuko and the gang. Not quite Azumanga Daioh (given the lack of a definable plot), but definitely close.
Out of all of them, only two or three interest me :indiff:
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, I wouldn't mind another serving of Yuuko and the gang. Not quite Azumanga Daioh (given the lack of a definable plot), but definitely close.

Nothing else this year has made me laugh so much, for so long. I'd definitely be up for a second series. :yes:

Original post by The Cornerstone
Out of all of them, only two or three interest me :indiff:

Which ones, out of interest? :smile:

Assuming mahou Showtime!'s info is mostly accurate (which it rarely is, but meh), 8 of the shows I'm currently watching are set to finish, so I'll be looking for 8 new ones to replace them. That'll be fun. :p:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Nothing else this year has made me laugh so much, for so long. I'd definitely be up for a second series. :yes:

Which ones, out of interest? :smile:

Assuming mahou Showtime!'s info is mostly accurate (which it rarely is, but meh), 8 of the shows I'm currently watching are set to finish, so I'll be looking for 8 new ones to replace them. That'll be fun. :p:

Another- From the synopsis, it has potential to have horror in it (hopefully higurashi style) so it sounds right up my street.

Brave 10- Sword fight, samurais and action. What more could you want?

Nichijou- Because I only watched the first episode (which was good) but I don't want to go through every episode so less episodes is better for me.

The rest just doesn't do it for me.:no:
I'm not sure whether any sub groups will do the Nichijou edit if there's no new content, though. :hmmmm2:
What the hells up with film 4? One films info says it stars gillian anderson when infact its subs. Laputa was supposed to be on tonight and it wasnt and when I go to check when it acutally is on I find this.

http://www.film4.com/minisite/studio-ghibli-on-film4/features/article/studio-ghibli-season-on-film4

Kiki's Delivery Service

Saturday 18th December, 4.25pm

Hayao Miyazaki's 1989 animation about a young witch who starts up her own courier company is quite possibly the sweetest, most enticing animated feature ever made. It's also a fantastic starting place for anyone wanting to know more about Miyazaki's back catalogue.

Read our review of Kiki's Delivery Service

Castle in the Sky

Monday 19th December, 4.25pm

An orphaned boy and girl go in search of the mysterious floating kingdom of Laputa in what is possibly the most quintessential animated adventure from Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki.

Read our review of Castle in the Sky

So Laputa (i refuse to call it castle in the sky) is on monday the 19th of december, the day after saturday the 18th of december.

?

I was going to laugh at the americans changing film names because they dont know what words mean (philosophers/sorcerers stone) but dont suppose I can now since the british film4 doesnt know the days of the week.
Reply 2431
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/12/15-1/older-audience-gundam-age-spin-off-announced

a "thoroughly dark" Gundam AGE spin-off that "even fans of the Universal Century timeline can be satisified with."
Reply 2432
Oh, God. Guilty Crown 10.

Shu makes Shinji Ikari look like Kamina. Worst protag.

Spoiler

And I forgot. Carnival Phantasm EX :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tabris
Oh, God. Guilty Crown 10.

Shu makes Shinji Ikari look like Kamina. Worst protag.

Spoiler

And I forgot. Carnival Phantasm EX :ahee:

I laughed so hard at that! :biggrin: And I thought Shinji was bad enough!
Reply 2434
Far too many characters in anime these days need a bright slap.:dry:

its damnwell annoying because the bits of the ep without shu were pretty good.:dry:

whay always the whining little boy characters:mad: are they always the type of fan who buys all the crap or somesuch
(edited 12 years ago)
Currently searching for Phi Brain fan art... with little success, even on pixiv. I do like how Google Translate reads it as 'Five Rain' though. :giggle:
Reply 2436
Watched the first of the "Ghibli" films I recorded- Little Norse prince. It was pretty disappointing. Obviously it's old, but it hasn't aged all that well. And wiki supposedly suggests ~30 minutes was cut- and it showed.
aww the ending of boku wa tomodachi 11 :h: finally :mmm:
Original post by Truered
Watched the first of the "Ghibli" films I recorded- Little Norse prince. It was pretty disappointing. Obviously it's old, but it hasn't aged all that well. And wiki supposedly suggests ~30 minutes was cut- and it showed.

I missed that one. Tonights whisper of the heart was good I thought, tho not a favorite. Ditto only yesterday, It had moments where you could really empathize with the characters which I thought was really well done. Of these emotional story type ones kiki is without doubt my favorite.

Dont read if youve not seen kiki

Spoiler

Reply 2439
After deciding on a whim to watch a few episodes of Maison Ikkoku again (oh, how I love this series), my desire to delve into a similar romance brought me to Suppli (domo arigato Rika), and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's refreshing to read something that is reminiscent of a novel with its intricate character study and realism of what life is like for a woman who is of a similar age to myself (one year my junior). :smile:

Latest