The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Marylbone Hall of Residence - 2011/12

I got an offer for a room at Marylbone Hall of Residence! It was my first choice! :biggrin:

Anyone else going at Marylbone Hall at September?? :smile:
Reply 1
hey what u gonna study? I am considering marylebone hall as well ! i will study architecture ^__^
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey! I will be doing an MA in Museums, Galleries and Cultural Institutions! :smile:
Reply 3
Anyone?
Hi there!

I'm thinking of applying for Marylebone Hall for 2012 entry. I will be doing a postgraduate degree in Real Estate Development at the Marylebone campus, so this hall seems ideal? Just wondering whether you would recommend the hall, and if there are many postgraduate students there?

Reply 5
Original post by Biker_Chick
Hi there!

I'm thinking of applying for Marylebone Hall for 2012 entry. I will be doing a postgraduate degree in Real Estate Development at the Marylebone campus, so this hall seems ideal? Just wondering whether you would recommend the hall, and if there are many postgraduate students there?

Hello!

The halls have 21 floors. The first 20 floors are full of undergraduates and they keep the 21st fot postgraduates. Every floor has 12 rooms.

The bad think with the 21 floor is that there is no elevator. You have to go with the elevator up to the 20th floor and then through the sters. It is not a big deal, but if you have sutcases it is kind of difficult :P

Generaly the halls are new, beautiful rooms, with your own bathroom, new kitcens, a huge window etc...

BUT! There are some people that had bedbugs in their rooms. Around 2 or 3 people had this problem and although they treated the rooms bedbugs are not so easy to deal with...

In my opinion, they need to treat ALL the rooms AND the carpet that runs through the rooms and halls. Personally I am lucky and I don't have an issue in my room, but there was a girl in 21G that had a lot of bedbugs and she eventually mooved out. I heared that the person who leaved in 21G last year had the same issue, so they do treat them but they don't die, they just wait for a new person to moove in ..!

Also, you don't know which room you will get until the day you move in...

Overall, I am happy with my room and the facilities provided, but I am veeeryyyy scared that I might get bedbugs some day, cause they won't do much...

Hope I helped! If you have any questions feel free to ask! :smile:
Ok thanks that's really helpful!

What are the facilities / teaching like at Marylebone campus? At the moment I am trying to decide between studying at the Uni of Westminster or at London South Bank, and it's a difficult choice!
Also, when do you apply for accommodation?
Reply 8
I heard that the Marylebone Halls will not be available next year, or at least only available to post grad, due to the construction work or something. I thought the renovation was meant to be complete by September 2012, but I guess not. I wish their website had some useful information on it.

It's a shame because Marylebone Hall would obviously be the perfect location for anyone studying on the Marylebone campus, and I would love to have applied there. Instead I'm currently looking at privately owned halls in Wembley, which is somewhat less convenient...

EDIT: They've confirmed on twitter that Marylebone won't be available to undergrads next year. I only hope that the Wembley halls that they're opening will be reasonably priced, as travel there will be at least another £300 a year...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Hi, does anyone in here know what the size of beds is in Premiere En suites and Penthouses ? I've been in a standard en suite and the bed was soooooo small!
Original post by lintu08x
Hi, does anyone in here know what the size of beds is in Premiere En suites and Penthouses ? I've been in a standard en suite and the bed was soooooo small!

Hi Lintu08x,

I've just given Marylebone Hall a call and they've said the beds are the same size in all the rooms I'm afraid! Are you set on Marylebone Hall? If not you might want to take a look at some of the other halls - if you give them a call I'm sure they can tell you about the beds :smile:

Rosie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending