The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Sky_Dream
Flight of the navigator?

:smile:
Could someone help me identify this film:
It is about the evacuation of Dunkirk, I know at one point there is a woods scene where a group of men hide out but are forced to leave as the Germans bomb the woods (via the air). I also know when they arrive to Dunkirk the military vehicles are in pieces.

What film is it? thank you :smile:
Reply 322
Original post by tehFrance
Could someone help me identify this film:
It is about the evacuation of Dunkirk, I know at one point there is a woods scene where a group of men hide out but are forced to leave as the Germans bomb the woods (via the air). I also know when they arrive to Dunkirk the military vehicles are in pieces.

What film is it? thank you :smile:

I don't know, but this list might help. :smile:
Reply 323
There's this film where like a plane crashes somewhere where there's loads of snow, and they just like stay there and I think they started thinking about eating each other or actually ate someone. It's a really good film, that I seen years ago, but I can't remember it's name. Oh and I swear it's not as gruesome as I just described hahaa. Anyone got any ideas?
Reply 324
Original post by silver0
There's this film where like a plane crashes somewhere where there's loads of snow, and they just like stay there and I think they started thinking about eating each other or actually ate someone. It's a really good film, that I seen years ago, but I can't remember it's name. Oh and I swear it's not as gruesome as I just described hahaa. Anyone got any ideas?

Alive?
Reply 325
Original post by Abiraleft

Yes that's the one! I remember i watched it when I was like 10 and I though it was really good, looking back now, it looks really old haha.
I don't know, but this list might help. :smile:

It appears that Dunkirk (1958) is the only one that fits the bill but I distinctly remember what I watched being in colour whereas that on is in black and white... I'll check it out though as it is the only one :sad:
Reply 327
Original post by tehFrance
It appears that Dunkirk (1958) is the only one that fits the bill but I distinctly remember what I watched being in colour whereas that on is in black and white... I'll check it out though as it is the only one :sad:

It's not Atonement, is it? :holmes: I've only read it, but iirc there's a scene similar to that in it...
It's not Atonement, is it? :holmes: I've only read it, but iirc there's a scene similar to that in it...

No, I saw this in 2003 first... unless it was colorised for TV :dontknow:

Edit: It was colorised for TV, thanks mate :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by silver0

The problem with the film you're talking about is that there's been many different copies. It's the film with the Uruguay rugby team right? My guess is Alive (The miracle of the Andes). Let me know if this is right.
Reply 330
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle

Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
The problem with the film you're talking about is that there's been many different copies. It's the film with the Uruguay rugby team right? My guess is Alive (The miracle of the Andes). Let me know if this is right.

Yes I think that's the one, I watched the trailer it does look like I seen it before :smile:
Reply 331
Help me out guys. All I can remember about this film is that towards the end, one of the baddies (possibly the only baddy) is riding a motorbike in some sort of warehouse, and then he drives into some sort of red/pink sludge-type stuff. It may have been liquidized animal insides, I can't remember.

I'm fairly sure it was a family film, I must've been under 10 when I watched it.

Any help appreciated :smile:
Original post by Pheylan
Help me out guys. All I can remember about this film is that towards the end, one of the baddies (possibly the only baddy) is riding a motorbike in some sort of warehouse, and then he drives into some sort of red/pink sludge-type stuff. It may have been liquidized animal insides, I can't remember.

I'm fairly sure it was a family film, I must've been under 10 when I watched it.

Any help appreciated :smile:

Hmm, don't know about the motorbike stuff, but Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (Judge Doom and 'the dip', perchance?)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 333
Original post by CrazyBeautiful
Hmm, don't know about the motorbike stuff, but Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (Judge Doom and 'the dip', perchance?)

Just skimmed through it, nope :sad: Thanks though
There was a film that I watched a couple of years ago about a family preparing for Christmas and everything goes wrong for them. It was definitely a comedy but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Any ideas?
Original post by Pareidolia
There was a film that I watched a couple of years ago about a family preparing for Christmas and everything goes wrong for them. It was definitely a comedy but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Any ideas?

It's a Wonderful Life?

Original post by Pareidolia

Christmas with the Kranks? :yucky:

To be fair, there are a lot of Christmas films like that, there isn't much variety! :tongue: It's a challenge though, I'll try and help.
Reply 337
Watched this video when I was tiny, but I never got over it, it was pretty horrific.
There's a scene with a little poverty strivken boy dancing with his first love and she has an epileptic fit and scares him.
There's a scene where his neighbor gets really depressed and locks his room, the little boy strolls past and sees water flowing out the room, he bashes into the room and sees the guy lying dead over the sink.
There's a scene when the little boy gets so hungry that he cuts pictures of food out of a magazine, puts them on a plate for him and his little brother and they eat them with knives and forks.
The final scene they like trick the mean security gaurd type guy into losing all the keys to the rooms that none of them could afford to pay rent for, and he was trying to kick them out, and then he tries to lock their room but can't.
Uhhhhm, I think that's all i remember. It really freaking terrified me a little'un, so I'd like to relive it... as you do.
:redface:
Reply 338
Want to find out the title of a film...

Basically, I watched it in 2011 on Sky Movies so it's relatively recent. It's about a student in college in America who wants to make a documentary about what scares people - the student ends up filming people as he recreates their fears.
Original post by egog0
Watched this video when I was tiny, but I never got over it, it was pretty horrific.
There's a scene with a little poverty strivken boy dancing with his first love and she has an epileptic fit and scares him.
There's a scene where his neighbor gets really depressed and locks his room, the little boy strolls past and sees water flowing out the room, he bashes into the room and sees the guy lying dead over the sink.
There's a scene when the little boy gets so hungry that he cuts pictures of food out of a magazine, puts them on a plate for him and his little brother and they eat them with knives and forks.
The final scene they like trick the mean security gaurd type guy into losing all the keys to the rooms that none of them could afford to pay rent for, and he was trying to kick them out, and then he tries to lock their room but can't.
Uhhhhm, I think that's all i remember. It really freaking terrified me a little'un, so I'd like to relive it... as you do.
:redface:

The King of the Hill? :smile:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107322/

Quick Reply

Latest