The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Graduate Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by stef_vet?
how did the RVC interviews go?

I felt as though mine went pretty badly but I suppose I don't really know. I just know I could have done a lot better, but I had a really good time (even the interview was fun!) and although I have already been to Hawkshead and know that I love it there, it was great to see Camden and I fell in love with that campus too. Although March is a long wait, I actually feel less stressed because they gave us an actual time, and so I won't be checking my emails every day and can try and leave it behind me for a couple of months and focus on other things. Like lambing in a couple of weeks!:biggrin:
Reply 301
Original post by cornish_pasty
Same! Some stations i thought went well, others i had no idea if i was saying the right thing/on the right track, and got the general impression that they went a bit badly tbh.

Someone told me something like there are 25 odd places this year (excluding internationals who are decided seperately) So im not feeling too hopeful sadly.

Absolutely loved it there though, everyone was so friendly and i thought the vet school had a really nice feel to it!

I thought they said in the talk that there were 55 places this year? I thought that was just for UK applicants but maybe it was including international students? I wasn't sure... I know it has gone down from last year though :frown:
Reply 302
I hope you all did well in your RVC interviews :smile: Just getting to the interview stage is impressive! (and more than what can be said for me haha :P)

People with Cambridge offers... any of you going to the 'Offer Day' on 9th Feb? :smile:
Reply 303
Original post by Tali_91

People with Cambridge offers... any of you going to the 'Offer Day' on 9th Feb? :smile:

Yes! I'm actually really excited about it, I missed the tour at my interview because my interview ran way over time! Cambridge is the only vet school (except Glasgow) I've never actually seen so it will be interesting to compare.

Hopefully see you there :smile:
Reply 304
Original post by Lornaliz
I loved it, all the facilities looked amazing! Where you there too? I'm definately going if I meet my conditions (2:1) :smile:

Yes I was there. I really want to go now. Got my unconditional because I already graduated but it's just making sure that finances are secure... Oh but it is so exciting and Edinburgh as a city is beautiful and the people are friendly and gosh it's all feeling real now. HA
Reply 305
Original post by sophie_aj
Yes I was there. I really want to go now. Got my unconditional because I already graduated but it's just making sure that finances are secure... Oh but it is so exciting and Edinburgh as a city is beautiful and the people are friendly and gosh it's all feeling real now. HA

Yeah it is a beautiful city, lived here all my life! I'd never seen the new vet school before though, and I was very impressed. You also got an offer for the 5 year course yeah?
Reply 306
No my place is for the 4 year course. What's your degree in?
Reply 307
Ah ok, must be thinking of someone else, sorry! My degree is in animal biology, but apparently it's not relevant enough lol. What was yours in? I don't have a strong background in chemistry from my high school years though, so think that may be a factor. I'm just happy I got in tbh! The GEP looks very tough, have you got any EMS you can deduct from the total?
Reply 308
Original post by Lornaliz
Ah ok, must be thinking of someone else, sorry! My degree is in animal biology, but apparently it's not relevant enough lol. What was yours in? I don't have a strong background in chemistry from my high school years though, so think that may be a factor. I'm just happy I got in tbh! The GEP looks very tough, have you got any EMS you can deduct from the total?

Interesting, from what I've gathered there is a very fine line. I was fortunate enough to have covered the relevant biochemistry in my first degree, which was Animal Science. Yes it does look tough but I am a few years out of uni now and ready for the challenge! EMS - haven't got any worthy of exemptions no. I am going to try and complete some before starting though. It is going to creep up quickly though!
Reply 309
I have an interview for liverpool now, not sure whether im going though as i already have an offer from bristol and liverpool is bit more expensive. why does it have to come down to money!!
Reply 310
Original post by NicoleRH
I have an interview for liverpool now, not sure whether im going though as i already have an offer from bristol and liverpool is bit more expensive. why does it have to come down to money!!

congratulations :smile:

how much more expensive is liverpool - would it balance out in terms of lower living costs?
Reply 311
Well i live quite close to bristol and they are offering me the chance to miss some units so i could potentially do it in 4 years and its quite cheap living in langford. Are there any other graduates waiting to hear from liverpool or who have?
Reply 312
Well i live quite close to bristol and they are offering me the chance to miss some units so i could potentially do it in 4 years and its quite cheap living in langford. Are there any other graduates waiting to hear from liverpool or who have?

Hi yeah I'm still waiting to hear from Liverpool. But for me it's that I would have to go there if it was an option. At the moment I have an Edinburgh offer...
Hmm so much more difficult to judge how it went in a multi station, good luck to you all though!

On the Liverpool front I withdrew last year as soon as I got offered a place from Bristol because of price etc
Reply 314
Original post by sophie_aj
Hi yeah I'm still waiting to hear from Liverpool. But for me it's that I would have to go there if it was an option. At the moment I have an Edinburgh offer...

The price is a lot higher for there isnt it? I'm still trying to find all the grants and bursaries possible to make even bristol work!
The price is a lot higher for there isnt it? I'm still trying to find all the grants and bursaries possible to make even bristol work!

I didnt think there were any grants or bursaries available to grads wanted to study ved med? :frown:
Reply 316
Original post by Phoenix_147
I didnt think there were any grants or bursaries available to grads wanted to study ved med? :frown:

no not from the government, i'm looking at charities and other organisations, but there is still high competition and they are only around £300 etc so nothing substantial.
Reply 317

They are the highest there yes. Indeed and grant locating it's a bit painful!
Reply 318
Original post by Erin01
Yes! I'm actually really excited about it, I missed the tour at my interview because my interview ran way over time! Cambridge is the only vet school (except Glasgow) I've never actually seen so it will be interesting to compare.

Hopefully see you there :smile:

Awesome! Are you definitely going to Cambridge or are you still waiting on other places? :smile:
Reply 319

Hey, I also have an interview for liverpool on 29th Feb 2pm... have you decided whether to go or not? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending