The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Anyone currently living in Church College Close/Studying at Riverside?

Hey :smile:
I have heard mixed views about the uni accommodation - Church College Close in particular.. Just wondering what anyone currently living there thinks to it?
Also, I have applied for Early Years Education, which from what I understand is mainly taught in the Riverside building. What is it like getting to there from the main campus?
Any advice would be a massive help! Thanks :smile:
Chester is such as easy city to walk in, you're no more than 10-15 minute walk from Riverside if you live in CCC. That's what's nice about Chester, it's compact and everything is near everything else.

As for CCC, it seemed nice enough when I was there. I lived in Astbury (other side of the playing field), but the set-up seems sociable and fun.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
I've stayed at CCC for a night and the area is pretty much on-campus (the main Chester one) and it's bloody lovely. However I thought the rooms where a bit small compared to Warrington and they're more expensive too. But you are like 5 minutes away from the city centre.
Reply 3
Yeah when I visited I got the impression that everything is pretty much within walking distance which seems good :smile:
Thank you for the info you have both given! Seems to be taking forever waiting for the accommodation packs to come through so just wanted to try get a better idea of what some of them are like before I start applying :smile:
hiya, i lived in 15 CCC and moved out yesterday. i loved it, it was brilliant. you become close with everyone in the other houses and its great. i moved in with 5 other girls i only knew from facebook and will be living with 3 of them next year, as well as two lads from next door. i have made brilliant friends and met a fantastic boyfriend too :smile: its so close to campus yet still yoy feel independent because its not 'halls'. downstairs you have three bedrooms, a communal area, toilet and bathroom and small kitchen. upstairs again, three bedrooms, toilet,, shower room, and a larger kitchen. the rooms are not 5* but what uni accomodation is really?? it is what you make it, i thought my room was grotty when i got there but as soon as i filled it with my stuff and plastered piccies on the wall it was fab and i didnt want to leave. it was emotional saying goodbye to the best 9 months ever!!

CCC is well known for being sociable to and came third in this years battle of the halls :biggrin:.

hope this helps, i cant recommend better accomodation than CCC!!
Reply 5
Original post by beth_jones134
hiya, i lived in 15 CCC and moved out yesterday. i loved it, it was brilliant. you become close with everyone in the other houses and its great. i moved in with 5 other girls i only knew from facebook and will be living with 3 of them next year, as well as two lads from next door. i have made brilliant friends and met a fantastic boyfriend too :smile: its so close to campus yet still yoy feel independent because its not 'halls'. downstairs you have three bedrooms, a communal area, toilet and bathroom and small kitchen. upstairs again, three bedrooms, toilet,, shower room, and a larger kitchen. the rooms are not 5* but what uni accomodation is really?? it is what you make it, i thought my room was grotty when i got there but as soon as i filled it with my stuff and plastered piccies on the wall it was fab and i didnt want to leave. it was emotional saying goodbye to the best 9 months ever!!

CCC is well known for being sociable to and came third in this years battle of the halls :biggrin:.

hope this helps, i cant recommend better accomodation than CCC!!

awhh you have made it sound exactlyyy what i am looking for from uni accommodation! i have heard it's really sociable and you get to know pretty much everyone.. yeah i don't expect amazing rooms unless you pay ridiculous prices for them, but like you say it is what you make it :smile: i applied for uni accommodation yesterday - was a bit strange not having the opportunity to say where exactly i'd prefer to be allocated.. so just keeping fingers crossed that it's where i want to be :smile:
ahh glad to help... i hope you get the accomodation you want. good luck x :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by charlotte18
Hey :smile:
I have heard mixed views about the uni accommodation - Church College Close in particular.. Just wondering what anyone currently living there thinks to it?
Also, I have applied for Early Years Education, which from what I understand is mainly taught in the Riverside building. What is it like getting to there from the main campus?
Any advice would be a massive help! Thanks :smile:

Hi i'm starting a nursing course at riverside this March and just been told that my accommodation is Church College Close. Have u already started? If so what is it like to get there from the main campus? xx
Reply 8
Original post by Mimsy Lou
Hi i'm starting a nursing course at riverside this March and just been told that my accommodation is Church College Close. Have u already started? If so what is it like to get there from the main campus? xx

I looked around Church college close for an open day (2 years ago). It looks like nice accommodation, and very close to the main campus (And the SU).

To get from CCC to Riverside it'll be around a 15-20 minute walk depending on your speed. It isn't as bad as what some people make out, pretty much just straight through the centre of town. The Uni also does a shuttle bus service down there.
Reply 9
Original post by T'archer
I looked around Church college close for an open day (2 years ago). It looks like nice accommodation, and very close to the main campus (And the SU).

To get from CCC to Riverside it'll be around a 15-20 minute walk depending on your speed. It isn't as bad as what some people make out, pretty much just straight through the centre of town. The Uni also does a shuttle bus service down there.

Ohh thats bril :smile: Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending