The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Nearby parking

Hi guys, I'm wanting to take my car to uni with me in September but apparently the parking permits are only for commuters? I know I don't need my car to get round town but I'd like to go home at the weekends. Does anyone know any good streets near to uni I could park? 🙂
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, I'm wanting to take my car to uni with me in September but apparently the parking permits are only for commuters? I know I don't need my car to get round town but I'd like to go home at the weekends. Does anyone know any good streets near to uni I could park? 🙂

Hello,

Due to environmental concerns and limited parking on our sites we do restrict the number of permits available, prioritising staff, commuting students and those with a disability.

Exton Park is surrounded by a large residential area where some on street parking may be available, however this is not guaranteed and some streets may require a residential parking permit. We also encourage our students to respect local residential neighbours in this area.

Most students find that when living on or very near to campus, a vehicle is not needed thanks to the city centre and facilities all being within walking distance. Chester also has very good transport links, with rail and bus stations located close by for travel further afield.

Hope this helps!
Becky
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi - you should have a look on the Evology Parking app. You can use it to pre-book your space in advance and it's cheap on the asda
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1

There are no "good streets" neer to University of Chester for students in halls of residence to park their cars.
Every last space of local parking is taken up by local residents every day of the year; during term time cars belonging to sudents mean that locals like me struggle to find a parking space more than 10 mins walk from home (I'm a previous UoC student who didn't have or need a car while I was studying before anyone says anything),

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending