The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Accomodation

I've applied for Chester University in September 2024 and got accepted. Just wondering when do I apply for accommodation. Do I do it straight away or do I have to wait til a certain time?
Reply 1
There’s not really a specific deadline unless you’re talking about guaranteed accommodation for first years which some universities offer (it depends on the uni). But its wise to start looking as soon as possible incase your chosen building is fully booked
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've applied for Chester University in September 2024 and got accepted. Just wondering when do I apply for accommodation. Do I do it straight away or do I have to wait til a certain time?

Email them. Friends of mine were sent out application links by their universities in March / April but my university didn't open on-campus applications until July. It'll depend on the way they do things so definitely check with them.

If you're opting to live off campus in the first year (which I don't recommend) its best to begin searching as soon as possible. But, again if you're applying for on-campus accom send them an email theres no rush
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi 🙂

It's great to hear that you've received an offer to study with us - congratulations!

Our accommodation application process will open in March. We guarantee University or partnership accommodation in Chester for students who choose Chester as their Firm UCAS option, provided you apply before the deadline (which is usually the beginning of June). You'll receive an email with lots more information over the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, it might be worth looking at our accommodation options, if you haven't already, to get a feel for what type of accommodation you'll apply for - https://www.chester.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions just let us know 🙂

Best wishes
Becky
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by University of Chester
Hi 🙂
It's great to hear that you've received an offer to study with us - congratulations!
Our accommodation application process will open in March. We guarantee University or partnership accommodation in Chester for students who choose Chester as their Firm UCAS option, provided you apply before the deadline (which is usually the beginning of June). You'll receive an email with lots more information over the next couple of weeks.
In the meantime, it might be worth looking at our accommodation options, if you haven't already, to get a feel for what type of accommodation you'll apply for - https://www1.chester.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/accommodation-chester.
Hope this helps! If you have any further questions just let us know 🙂
Best wishes
Becky
Hi, I see the link is for undergrad accommodation. Do you have any recommendations for post grad medicine students?
Original post by Moreton 2410
Hi, I see the link is for undergrad accommodation. Do you have any recommendations for post grad medicine students?

Hi @Moreton 2410

Generally we aren't able to provide university accommodation to Postgraduate students. We'd recommend contacting our Accommodation team to get some information on what they suggest for your studies - [email protected]

Best wishes,
Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending