The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Halls in Second Year

I am currently a first year student at UoN and will probably get halls again next year as most people I know have already sorted houses and I don't want to live in a house with people I don't know that well.

I was wondering if anyone could give an insight into the best halls to live in as a second year student. I was thinking to go for self-catered as it gives more of an independence, and as also I will then have flat mates so it has that house feel, and I also worry that the catered on-campus accoms are full of freshers which is kinda weird for a second year to be there to try and make friends with them.
I was also thinking to pick one of the halls on jubilee campus as they seem much nicer, although I have heard there are a lot of international students in those. I would of course want an accom where there is a decent social life and good second year students to make friends with.

Could anyone offer their insight into where might be best?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am currently a first year student at UoN and will probably get halls again next year as most people I know have already sorted houses and I don't want to live in a house with people I don't know that well.

I was wondering if anyone could give an insight into the best halls to live in as a second year student. I was thinking to go for self-catered as it gives more of an independence, and as also I will then have flat mates so it has that house feel, and I also worry that the catered on-campus accoms are full of freshers which is kinda weird for a second year to be there to try and make friends with them.
I was also thinking to pick one of the halls on jubilee campus as they seem much nicer, although I have heard there are a lot of international students in those. I would of course want an accom where there is a decent social life and good second year students to make friends with.

Could anyone offer their insight into where might be best?

I am in the EXACT same position as you. Friends have gotten houses, I don’t want to settle for bad housemates, I want a social shared kitchen, but I want to meet second year students not freshers. I'm still thinking but most likely I will book Riverside Point because of its location in Lenton which is close to my friends' second year houses (and close to uni). Even if I do dislike my flatmates I’ll be able to visit my friends.
(edited 3 months ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by alisafedeneva
I am in the EXACT same position as you. Friends have gotten houses, I don’t want to settle for bad housemates, I want a social shared kitchen, but I want to meet second year students not freshers. I'm still thinking but most likely I will book Riverside Point because of its location in Lenton which is close to my friends' second year houses (and close to uni). Even if I do dislike my flatmates I’ll be able to visit my friends.

Anyone know what study inn Triumph house accommodation is like second year looking for accommodation on jubliee campus currently at Broadgate park. Didn't want to share house either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending