The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
Original post by vin
Back to one piece:yep: that two and half min op is very catchy :yep:

That doesnt sound right.:s-smilie: There are no ponies in it.:s:

Pony anime :no:

"Baka it's not like you're my best friend or anything..." :ahee:

I think tomorrow I might try the Hetalia DVD I bought cheap :mmm: Something short to try and get back into anime.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-02-23/bleach-tv-anime-ending-on-march-27

Just over a month left until the Bleach anime ends, apparently... I don't even watch it, but it feels weird knowing that something which has been airing since before I'd even heard of anime is coming to a close. :dontknow:

That's strange though, there's still one arc left in the manga and the anime is still in the middle of the previous arc. Does that mean the anime wont cover the final one? Or maybe the final arc is shorter than I expected? :s-smilie:

And there's also going to be a Bleach movie! http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-02-22/warner-develops-live-action-film-of-tite-kubo-bleach-manga It also seems that WB got the rights of Death Note! :gasp:

I just hope it doesn't end up like Dragonball Evolution although knowing Hollywood it probably will :facepalm2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Black Rock Shooter is picking up again but the masses of inconsistencies and shifts in character personalities are really off putting. I know its just a show made by miku fans, for miku fans, but try to at least make it good. Moaning aside, I did actually like the last episode. Dat animation.

And just saw the unaired Steins;Gate. It was awesome, pretty magnificent. Feel like watching the whole thing again. I'll probably buy it actually. Its one of those shows that I wouldn't mind spending money on. Also, it reminded me of how much I love the OP.
Reply 2843
oh man I forgot what one piece could be like :cry2:
Original post by Facticity

And just saw the unaired Steins;Gate. It was awesome, pretty magnificent. Feel like watching the whole thing again. I'll probably buy it actually. Its one of those shows that I wouldn't mind spending money on. Also, it reminded me of how much I love the OP.

Oh you just reminded me that I need to watch it! I love this series and the OP probably in my top 10. :biggrin:
Original post by The Cornerstone
That's strange though, there's still one arc left in the manga and the anime is still in the middle of the previous arc. Does that mean the anime wont cover the final one? Or maybe the final arc is shorter than I expected? :s-smilie:

I don't know the exact details, but the manga is supposedly set to run for around another decade even though it's in its final arc, so clearly it won't be covered in this anime series. :nah:

They may well take a break and bring out a second series at a later date, reducing the need for filler etc, or I guess they could cobble together some anime original ending. :dontknow:
I don't know the exact details, but the manga is supposedly set to run for around another decade even though it's in its final arc, so clearly it won't be covered in this anime series. :nah:

They may well take a break and bring out a second series at a later date, reducing the need for filler etc, or I guess they could cobble together some anime original ending. :dontknow:

Another decade? That's news to me, I thought they would finish it in less than a year or two. Seems we haven't seen the last of Bleach even though it really should end :sadnod:
ep 22 of Janasaku Iroha was probably my fav ep, had everything :giggle: :unimpressed: :puppyeyes: :cry2: :h: :cute: then Jirou's appearance :toofunny: :rofl2: finished off with a :eek: :nooo: at the end :awesome:

only 4 eps to go :sad:

oh i should really be going to bed :p:
The second half of Android Kikaider was pretty good, to be fair... the animation was still pants, but it did the job. :yes: I'll be replacing it with Paniponi Dash! on my watching list, but I'll probably focus on finishing Rayearth first since I've been neglecting it since my course started.
Reply 2849
One Piece 517 :giggle:

Spoiler

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth getting volumes 1-12 of Rave Master. :hmmmm2: A friend generously gave me volumes 13+ for free since they were taking up space in his house (they're taking up space in mine too, but I'd never say no to free manga)! He picked up the manga from where the anime ended, hence why he didn't have the first 12 himself, but while I could easily do the same, I'm a completionist and would rather have the whole series in manga form. The problem is that it's long out of print... some volumes are dirt cheap, others not so much, but I guess it'll balance out. :dontknow: Suppose I could get the first volume, see if I like it, and decide where to go from there. :yes:
Reply 2851
Just finished watching the Aquarion broadcast. While not quite as ridiculous as the last episode, it was still brilliant.
ep 19 of Persona was hilarious, especially the group date thingy :toofunny: teddie :awesome:

only just noticed the OP was in engrish, god its so bad :facepalm2:

teddie such a perv :no: :mmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2853
Mirrai Nikki 20 :laugh:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2854
Hotarubi no Mori e was quite good. :smile: Seemed very like natsume.

Finally got round to Fate Prototype:tongue: was interesting, think this girl would have made a better main character than shiro.:mmm: Though the rest didnt seem as good as what they eventualyl went for. This Gilgamesh wasnt smug and superior enough :nah: did like the look of lancer.:yep:

Sword of the stranger was just as I remembered it, but those sword fights and battles were really quite something to see.:teeth:
Came into some spare cash so I proceeded to buy complete series of Wolf's Rain (just because I love this show and the score), Baccano! which I keep hearing nothing but great praise for, Beck which came highly recommended to me by a friend and since I could get it new and complete for £5, I thought why not - and last but not least; Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st & 2nd gig.

Suffice to say, my body is ready :coma:
rewatching some FMP :love: they should make a 3rd series :puppyeyes:
Does anyone have any licensed manga series recommendations? As I've mentioned a few times already, most of the series I was collecting have ended or are very close to ending all at once. I've got a few ideas myself (Rave Master since I have the latter volumes, and also Hourou Musuko), but any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :smile: Preferably no stalled/long out of print Tokyopop/ADV/other failed company titles. :p:
Does anyone have any licensed manga series recommendations? As I've mentioned a few times already, most of the series I was collecting have ended or are very close to ending all at once. I've got a few ideas myself (Rave Master since I have the latter volumes, and also Hourou Musuko), but any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :smile: Preferably no stalled/long out of print Tokyopop/ADV/other failed company titles. :p:

In what kind of genre are you looking for? Rave is pretty good, it takes a while to kick in, but the end is worth it. Not a masterpiece but I'd definitely say go for it if you have the cash and time.
I really, really can't be bothered to watch Brave 10 anymore, I'm literally bored by it. I feel I need to finish it though now that I'm half way through. Biggest disappointment for me this season.

However, whilst I wasn't expecting anything above mediocre for Zero no Tsukaima, I'm still finding myself similarly bored with it. But again, having already suffered through 3 other seasons and half way through this one, I feel I should finish it.

Curse my completist ways.

Latest