The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ep 20 of shiki, gory :teeth: but getting a bit out of hand :s-smilie: and the whole thing about it is just so :sad:
Reply 2981
Don't have much money for anime at the moment, missing it a bit

Have the first EotE movie, but not watching it until I can acquire the 2nd one, just satisfying myself with plenty of Ghibli for the time being.

More in the mood for manga though, craving a bit of Kare Kano only got the first volume but really enjoyed it, keep meaning to get more...will eventually :h:
I'm also getting through a lot of manga at the moment, as recent posts may have hinted at. :p: Mostly because of the work placements, I'm reading a lot during the waits for buses and in my lunch breaks.I'm now on vol. 3 of Rave Master... still pretty generic at this point, but enjoyable, and it certainly makes me laugh. Read the first volume of Wish and am about to start the second; it's cute. :yes: I'm impressed with the presentation of the first vol actually, it's a 'collectors edition' with a dust cover and colour pages and everything - not bad for Tokyopop, though there were a couple of grammar derps to balance it out. :giggle: As mentioned before I've started collecting CLAMP's new series Gate 7 as well, though I've yet to read that. Finally (for now...), I purchased the first volume of A Bride's Story yesterday. Partly because of its high A-P ranking, but mostly because I liked the anime adaptation of Emma, which is by the same manga-ka. Also, apparently it's hardback, which is a first for my manga collection! I don't *plan* to start anything else just yet, though since I'm already halfway through Wish and the end of Negima is approaching, it won't be too long before I have a valid excuse again. :awesome:Anime-wise, I'm averaging 2 eps a day, all ongoing series (today's were Chihayafuru and Symphogear). I'll have the final episode of Guilty Crown to look forward to when I come back from my job interview tomorrow though, first thing of the season to end out of those I'm watching!

[EDIT]
ANN

Gintama TV Anime Draws to a Close

This year's 17th issue of Shueisha Weekly Shonen Jump is reporting on Monday that the Gintama television anime series is drawing to a close on TV Tokyo after five years. TV Tokyo, the primary broadcaster of the anime and one of the copyright holders, had not stated before that it was ending Gintama. The 252nd episode is titled "Gomen Nasai" (We're Sorry), although the previous week's next-episode preview listed the title as "Mitei" ("To Be Determined").
Starting on April 2, the animated television series Gon will air on TV Tokyo at 6:00 p.m. on Mondays Gintamas current timeslot.

For those who haven't heard.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish

[EDIT]

For those who haven't heard.

:nooo: It was all rumors but I guess its true. All great things must come to an end I guess. The Manga just isn't the same. :nopity:
lol man Another 11 must have been the craziest ep ive ever seen :bird:

aww only 1 ep to go :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2985
Guilty Clown:mmm: it really was all over the place. That production was wasted on it.:sad:
Reply 2986
Original post by vin
Guilty Clown:mmm: it really was all over the place. That production was wasted on it.:sad:

I shall enjoy mocking it shamelessly with a group of 5+ other anibloggers this evening - can't wait :giggle:
Plot-wise, Guilty Crown was a bit like watching a full series of Garzey's Wing, albeit with higher production values and the odd entertaining episode instead of a hilarious dub. :giggle: It could have been better, but at the same time I've seen so much worse.
Reply 2988
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Plot-wise, Guilty Crown was a bit like watching a full series of Garzey's Wing, albeit with higher production values and the odd entertaining episode instead of a hilarious dub. :giggle: It could have been better, but at the same time I've seen so much worse.

It was my Guilty Pleasure. For all the bad writing, clichés and predictability of it all, save for the last 2-3 episodes, I still enjoyed it quite a fair bit.

But like a train wreck, it's something you can't avert your eyes from once you've started. The show had potential, if only for the RedJuice designs, but it was squandered.

Anyway, watched BRS yesterday and Amagami SS+ today. End to the Haruka arc in Amagami was brilliant, but Haruka is the best Amagami. BRS was a nice finish. Enough strong homo and happiness to tide me over.
Reply 2989
Forgive me if this is a bit of an obvious question, as I'm still kind of new to all this, but can anyone recommend some good, virus free, websites for viewing anime at?

EDIT: I heard netflix has some, but I've also heard most of the stuff are dubs. Not sure what the range is like either...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2990
Original post by Rhonut
Forgive me if this is a bit of an obvious question, as I'm still kind of new to all this, but can anyone recommend some good, virus free, websites for viewing anime at?

EDIT: I heard netflix has some, but I've also heard most of the stuff are dubs. Not sure what the range is like either...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime has a large selection :smile:
Reply 2991
Original post by vin
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime has a large selection :smile:

That site looks great, thanks!
Reply 2992
Trying to catch up with another ... that ali project op just puts me off:dry: what were they thinking.. so bland... just kills the mood :yawn: ...also did I just see a hammer and sickle on the wall of the lift in this opening. Did they confuse it for some kind of satanic symbol.:lolwut:
I spent Saturday in Shrewsbury, went there with a friend, met up with Pudding and Katana as well, but didn't have any real plans so we allowed them to give us a guided tour. They took me around all of the shops selling anime/manga (there were about 4 - 5, a combination of chain and independent comic stores). I was tempted by the complete series of Jyu Oh Sei for £9 in HMV, but decided I'd keep looking around and come back if I found nothing I wanted more.

I did find something I wanted more though: in a board game stall that had a very small corner dedicated to comics, of which an even smaller portion consisted of manga, were Dark Horse first edition volumes of Gunsmith Cats. All volumes apart from the 7th, Kidnapped. Printed in reversed order like they used to do back then. :giggle: At ~£15 a volume (each was priced individually, so some were less) I wasn't going to buy them, but Ben eventually convinced me. The shopkeeper also generously knocked a lot off the price since I was buying the lot. Think it came to about £85 in the end, which is *a little* more than I'd planned to spend, but It'd be unlikely for me to find these editions in that high quality anywhere else.

Still, there was the one missing volume. The shopkeeper knew his stuff, said there was a copy on ebay going for around £4 plus postage - apparently Kidnapped was selling for ~£100 for ages and was considered uber rare, then recently loads of copies came out of the woodwork at once and the price crashed, so now was the best time to buy. So the first thing I did when I got home was to check out this copy on ebay.

Auction time remaining: 1 minute 40 seconds. :eek4:

I won it, after fumbling the password the first time in a panic, so that's another complete series to find shelf space for. :biggrin: Not somewhere prone to flooding or in direct sunlight either, not considering the amount I've spent on them. :p:

Original post by Rhonut
That site looks great, thanks!

Just so you know, Crunchyroll very recently got a UK site (same address, but with .co.uk at the end). The only real difference is that some of the series listed on the American site aren't available in the UK, whereas everything on this site is. :smile:
ANN

Key's Little Busters! Visual Novel Gets TV Anime

A commercial during the 34th episode of ASCII Media Works' webradio@dengekibunko program announced that a television anime adaptation of Key's Little Busters! visual novel has been green-lit. The commercial plays at the 49:46 mark.
Key, an adult game brand of Visual Art's, released the original romance adventure game for personal computers in 2007, and it has since been ported to the PlayStation 2 and PSP platforms. The Japanese software company Prototype just released the PS Vita version (pictured right) on Thursday.

KyoAni, surely.
so i just finished Another...well that was an interesting show :lolwut:

Spoiler

Original post by eugenius 8
so i just finished Another...well that was an interesting show :lolwut:

Spoiler

No one did. That is the point. A total cheat/loophole :angry:

Spoiler

Yea I got closure and yea this episode was entertaining in many ways (the pillar lol) but I've got serious mixed feelings about Another. I was so hoping for an awesome ending but meh. It didn't even follow the novel!
Original post by Facticity
No one did. That is the point. A total cheat/loophole :angry:

Spoiler

Yea I got closure and yea this episode was entertaining in many ways (the pillar lol) but I've got serious mixed feelings about Another. I was so hoping for an awesome ending but meh. It didn't even follow the novel!

Spoiler

haha yeah the first few minutes were hilarious :rofl: :facepalm2: same, i havent read the novel but the mystery about the extra person got me quite interesed in this series so was kinda let down by the ending...
(edited 12 years ago)
oh man what an epic last few mins of Ano Natsu 11, lemon-senpai :toofunny: :awesome:
Reply 2999
now I really want to watch these 6 eps of another ive got left so I can see what all this fuss about the ending is :mmm:

Latest