The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3280
For anyone who's interested the 52% patch for Fate/hollow Ataraxia VN is finished

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Fate/Hollow_Ataraxia
Yep, all the manga fans of Zetman are gnashing their teeth in a synchronicity of furious glory at what the anime adaptation has done to their wonderfully dark manga. As someone who hasn't read the manga, its still obvious the show has horrible pacing and exposition issues, but its enjoyable for what it is; mindless action and horrible clichés.

As for Nyaruko, it has slowly become less funny, each episode since about episode 4ish. It looks set to pick up again but I can't say I'm laughing as much as I did before. As for the bucketload of references, for some reason Crunyroll had a competition to determine a new typesetter for sub releases by seeing who could pick out the most references and accurately describing what they were. Not sure what that has to do with how good a typesetter you would be, but that was the entry criteria. :dontknow:
The show is mega popular though - DVD and CD sales have been pretty huge.
I have to admit I'm one of those who took one look at Nyaruko, remembered the flash series (which I probably shouldn't have watched anyway, as it was aimed at existing manga fans), and didn't even consider picking it up. Might be yet another show worth marathoning once the season is over. :beard:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I have to admit I'm one of those who took one look at Nyaruko, remembered the flash series (which I probably shouldn't have watched anyway, as it was aimed at existing manga fans), and didn't even consider picking it up. Might be yet another show worth marathoning once the season is over. :beard:

To be fair, it was so hilarious (and still is, just not as much) that I was seriously wondering whether it would give Nichibros a run for the comedy gold but, again like Nichibros, its cooled down a bit. Hopefully it will be back in full force soon. Fans of moe comedy will not want to miss it, it ranks both off the charts :yes: To be fair though, the Nyaruko voice actor does a exceptional job for her character.
(edited 11 years ago)
Bleach is SUPER, just SAIYIN.
Reply 3285
Ah hisoka you badass :giggle: hxh 32

Spoiler

did nobody get the pun?
Original post by IchigoKurosaki
did nobody get the pun?

I did, and I've not watched Dragonball Z (or Bleach for that matter). :p:

Original post by vin

Spoiler

That episode was pretty damned awesome. :zomg:

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
Reply 3289
did nobody get the pun?

I also did, but its' bad and you should feel bad.:indiff:

That episode was pretty damned awesome. :zomg:

Not as intense this time around:hmmmm: but knowing whats going to happen also doesnt help. :erm:
Original post by vin
I also did, but its' bad and you should feel bad.:indiff:

Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen.
As somebody whose sole exposure to anime is AMV Hell Div 0 I am seriously disturbed by the title of this thread...
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
As somebody whose sole exposure to anime is AMV Hell Div 0 I am seriously disturbed by the title of this thread...

I've only seen bleach and like 9 others... so yeah same.:wink:
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle

Tentacles/hentai are a common anime stereotype. :yes: Also, Jellyfish have tentacles, so it seemed like a perfect title at the time. Not the most newbie-friendly... but for some reason, we never take that into account when naming threads. :o:

Original post by vin
Not as intense this time around:hmmmm: but knowing whats going to happen also doesnt help. :erm:

It's all new to me, and the fast pacing suits my tastes, though I haven't seen the original to compare.
Reply 3294
Original post by vin

Spoiler

I was rather disappointed by how unfabulous Hisoka's shower scene was this time round........also glittery blood - that's new :giggle:
Reply 3295
Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen.

I feel like you should be punching a girl in the face after saying that. Or maybe I've just watched too much Index/Railgun.
Original post by Carecup
I feel like you should be punching a girl in the face after saying that. Or maybe I've just watched too much Index/Railgun.

Learn from your dreams what you lack.
Original post by Facticity

As for Nyaruko, it has slowly become less funny, each episode since about episode 4ish. It looks set to pick up again but I can't say I'm laughing as much as I did before. As for the bucketload of references, for some reason Crunyroll had a competition to determine a new typesetter for sub releases by seeing who could pick out the most references and accurately describing what they were. Not sure what that has to do with how good a typesetter you would be, but that was the entry criteria. :dontknow:
The show is mega popular though - DVD and CD sales have been pretty huge.

Well it would certainly help me in not referring to the blog posted earlier, it has somewhat became a ritual for me to do this as I treat it as a game of how much references I can find (sad I know :emo:). Plus with it being funny, it's becoming one of my favourite animes this season.:tongue:
Reply 3298
Got a raw of gundam unicorn ep 5 and the subs somone obtained from the official playstation network release. :teeth:
Original post by The Cornerstone
Well it would certainly help me in not referring to the blog posted earlier, it has somewhat became a ritual for me to do this as I treat it as a game of how much references I can find (sad I know :emo:). Plus with it being funny, it's becoming one of my favourite animes this season.:tongue:

I'm loving it. Episode 07 was good and actually had some depth. Not to say I don't love it normally, because honestly Nyaruko is probably one of my favourite characters this season :yes:

In other news, being in Japan makes Crunchyroll completely useless. I can't check streams, news is blocked to me and I can't even use their simulcasting.

Latest