The Student Room Group

AQA AS BUSS2 - 21/05/12 - discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by SteveDawson
of course stupid me, I mentioned about sales revenue but profitability would be helpful in helping to re invest the money back into the business to be used to help to create the unique experience that they are intending, but cash flow was the most important factor to consider before profitability because they wouldnt be able to make any money due to the amount of time taken to grow mussles and the increase in Intrest rate, leading to paying more on the loan, and the cost of TQM. Profitability would help in order to increase facilities within the business.

that pretty good man. please tell me ur not in yr10 bro? man i feel like a retard. lol a yr10 is gona do better than me! iF ONLY I HAD MORE TIME :'(
Original post by Blaze008
that pretty good man. please tell me ur not in yr10 bro? man i feel like a retard. lol a yr10 is gona do better than me! iF ONLY I HAD MORE TIME :'(

No mate, Im doing this as a resit, Yr 13 so this is my last chance lol, but either way if I get a B in BUSS 4 I should be on a B overall, wait till you get to BUSS 3 lol.
Reply 142
Original post by jonathanyyt
gotta deal with the 40 markers in BUSS4 first next year LOL :P

Ah I remembered it just now. Other than taking workload off, I wrote that the 65% training for health and safety is too much, and some of it can be switched to training of customer service. Or that the NPM is high so they can afford to use extra money for training, etc/

haha yo jonathan are u in a private school? :tongue: leme guess ETON! please tell me im right

FYI in my school 10 others (yr 10) are doing Business Studies AS as well this year. In BUSS1, 7 got A (including me and another who got full UMS, the other guy got 1 extra raw then me, iirc I got 51 and he got 52), 2 got B and 2 got C. They all say this paper is much better (probably their exam technique has improved as well) and are confident about this paper. 4 of them are dropping out though, of course I'm going on to A2! Starting on every Thursday, no study leave= more content finished before yr 11 in Sep = more time to revise

haha yo jonathan are u in a private school? :tongue: leme guess ETON! please tell me im right

Nope.
Reply 144
thought i'd done okay untill i saw this haha
Well as long as you can argue your points you WILL get marks, its only when you start coming up with some crap that has nothing to do with the question or case study, then you will not gain any marks.
Reply 146
No mate, Im doing this as a resit, Yr 13 so this is my last chance lol, but either way if I get a B in BUSS 4 I should be on a B overall, wait till you get to BUSS 3 lol.

ohhhh man GOD BLESS U STEVE! HIGH FCUKIN FIVE! im 19 yrs old. shud be in uni already. this is my last chance aswell man. i cant deal with coming back to sixth form. id probs move to somalia and become a pirate if i fail!

HAHAHA I AIN DOIN IT NEXT YR! IM ONLY DOIN IT AS AN AS!
Reply 147
FYI in my school 10 others (yr 10) are doing Business Studies AS as well this year. In BUSS1, 7 got A (including me and another who got full UMS, the other guy got 1 extra raw then me, iirc I got 51 and he got 52), 2 got B and 2 got C. They all say this paper is much better (probably their exam technique has improved as well) and are confident about this paper. 4 of them are dropping out though, of course I'm going on to A2! Starting on every Thursday, no study leave= more content finished before yr 11 in Sep = more time to revise

Nope.

LMAO. that makes me feel even worse. why wasnt i blessed with a decent brain
Reply 148
lol ur another genius! dont tell me ur in yr 10 aswell bro?

No, I'm not in year 10. I'm just going to open a business either in these holidays or next year after A levels. I study information technology, economics and business studies currently. My business will be aimed around the use of e-commerce.
ohhhh man GOD BLESS U STEVE! HIGH FCUKIN FIVE! im 19 yrs old. shud be in uni already. this is my last chance aswell man. i cant deal with coming back to sixth form. id probs move to somalia and become a pirate if i fail!

HAHAHA I AIN DOIN IT NEXT YR! IM ONLY DOIN IT AS AN AS!

hahah well lucky for you then mate BUSS 3 is f***ing hard lol managed to get a B by blagging it, dead on a B. I'm just crap at exams full stop, I am good when it comes to speaking business but actually writing it all down within a time frame I'm crap.
Reply 150
Original post by Ben_K
No, I'm not in year 10. I'm just going to open a business either in these holidays or next year after A levels. I study information technology, economics and business studies currently. My business will be aimed around the use of e-commerce.

Good on u bro!
Pretty easy paper, was better than I expected it to be. I'm guessing an A would be 55/56 raw, B would be 49/50 raw and full UMS around 65-ish. I'm riding on a 100% UMS in Unit 1 so I think I'm much guaranteed an A for the AS, getting full UMS on this one would be a huge bonus for A2. Pretty confident on getting an A.

How did you figure out those grade boundaries? I thought 64/80 raw marks was an A. No? UMS conversions and such confuse me way too much.
For the piece rate pay question, did anyone talk about how employees may not like adjusting to change, the current high wages they receive for the poor quality customer service and how that this wouldnt be an issue that should be focused on as customers wouldn't stay in the long run due to lack of facilities and high price costs to adults.
Original post by midnightice
How did you figure out those grade boundaries? I thought 64/80 raw marks was an A. No? UMS conversions and such confuse me way too much.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php

UMS converter to find out the grade boundaries
Reply 154
hahah well lucky for you then mate BUSS 3 is f***ing hard lol managed to get a B by blagging it, dead on a B. I'm just crap at exams full stop, I am good when it comes to speaking business but actually writing it all down within a time frame I'm crap.

looool :biggrin: that makes me feel better! i was thinking of foin it nxt yr but now i sure as hell ain doin it!! atleast ur good at speaking business! im not good at nothing. i cant speak lol i get nervous and stutter like a jew! Man i ain blessed with any talent wats so ever! i can make a pretty decent bacon sandwich tho=WIN!!!
looool :biggrin: that makes me feel better! i was thinking of foin it nxt yr but now i sure as hell ain doin it!! atleast ur good at speaking business! im not good at nothing. i cant speak lol i get nervous and stutter like a jew! Man i ain blessed with any talent wats so ever! i can make a pretty decent bacon sandwich tho=WIN!!!

Mate Im sure you will be successful in whatever you decide to do in the future, even if that means working in Gregg's making bacon Sandwiches lol. I mean people have set up businesses without having an A level in it, you don't need an A level in business to be able to run a business successfully.
Actually for the price elasticity question, we could try to insert different percentage into the formula so as to prove that -2.0 is price elastic. For instance, the percentage change in price is 5% whereas 10% for Quantity demand. As a result, the Ped should be 0.10 / 0.05 = 2

For price inelastic, the denominator (change in Price) is greater than that of numerator (Change in Quantity demanded), Accordingly, the result should not be greater than 1. E.g. 0.05/0.10 = 1/2 -> Never exceeds 1
Reply 157
Mate Im sure you will be successful in whatever you decide to do in the future, even if that means working in Gregg's making bacon Sandwiches lol. I mean people have set up businesses without having an A level in it, you don't need an A level in business to be able to run a business successfully.

LMAO u are a genius mate! im gonna apply to gregg's for a summer job! haha true tho. bill gates was a drop out and now hes a panty dropper. lol
thanks for that man. Free bacon sandwiches for u once im at Gregg's!
LMAO u are a genius mate! im gonna apply to gregg's for a summer job! haha true tho. bill gates was a drop out and now hes a panty dropper. lol
thanks for that man. Free bacon sandwiches for u once im at Gregg's!

hahah Ive only just signed up to the student room today and now getting free bacon sandwiches f*** A levels my life is now complete.
Reply 159
hahah Ive only just signed up to the student room today and now getting free bacon sandwiches f*** A levels my life is now complete.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! mind you, im pretty retarded i might not even make it at Gregg's! i went for a Mcdonalds interview and ended up smoking abit too much of the herb b4 the interview that i fell asleep wen the manager left me for one minute! lol but dw ur life is still complete, cos il use western union to transfer the sandwich. (if western union do that kinda shi t )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending