The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Computer Science Paper 1 (8525/1A, 1B, 1C) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

AQA GCSE Computer Science Paper 1 (8525/1A, 8525/1B, 8525/1C) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 19th May 2023/ PM
Length: 2h

Scroll to see replies

ok so how do i cover the whole syllabus in 2 days after not listening for 3 years
Original post by ibrahim78614
ok so how do i cover the whole syllabus in 2 days after not listening for 3 years

oof that's a mood, my recommendation would be past papers
Reply 3
Original post by ibrahim78614

Bingewatch TLDR computerscience for key programming concepts he has a series of like 8 videos.

Just go through sefinitions through kevin bond texts book and tick off stuff from the spec.
Does anyone else feel that this paper is an hour too long?
Reply 5
Original post by probably_sane
Does anyone else feel that this paper is an hour too long?

i usually take 1h 15. but they might make it hard this yer. who knows. lets just hope for the best.
Original post by hasankhwaja
i usually take 1h 15. but they might make it hard this yer. who knows. lets just hope for the best.

what language do you do the coding in?
Reply 7
python
same
i also code in python, i think the paper is a bit longer than it needs to be but honestly it doesn't hurt to check your answers
I'm quite nervous for some reason. This exam is super important for me as I'm planning to take CS as one of my a levels next year. I'm just scared that they're gonna suddenly make it super difficult
Original post by CatalinaIK
I'm quite nervous for some reason. This exam is super important for me as I'm planning to take CS as one of my a levels next year. I'm just scared that they're gonna suddenly make it super difficult

based on how other aqa gcse papers have gone so far, i don't think they'll make tomorrow's paper difficult. but that's just my personal view. even if the paper is hard, the grade boundaries will be low so don't worry!
Has anyone else finished?
Has anyone else finished?

I have. How was it?
Original post by CatalinaIK
I have. How was it?

quite easy
you?
quite easy
you?

I thought it was hard lol. Manageable but definitely harder and longer than the past papers. There weren’t many easy questions except for question 1
Reply 16
I feel like I am going to go from a 9 to a U
It was abysmal
Original post by andy122
It was abysmal

oh no, what questions did you find hard
Original post by andy122
It was abysmal

FR my teacher told us python records weren't on the test and to ignore the spec BC it was an a level topic 😍🥲
Reply 19
oh no, what questions did you find hard

R u sure you did the aqa one if you found it easy
It was some of the coding questions like extending it for authentication and one of the trace tables wouldn’t work in visual basics I swear 💀💀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending