The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adriennet
mice and men thing wont matter too much i do not think. did u paragraph it? they may deduct a few but i think they should realise where u changed. unless u just block did it? like did u merge the questions and answers?

Can you remember what the question was?
Was part a) specifically asking you about the passage in relation to Curley's wife, and part b) asking you about the attitudes towards women?
This thread depresses me :frown:
Original post by usycool1

How come?
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
How come?

Because most people there have pretty much all A*s and I don't think I'm ever going to manage those grades :frown:

Ah well. Exams going OK for you? :smile:
Because most people there have pretty much all A*s and I don't think I'm ever going to manage those grades :frown:

I'm sure you'l be fine, my firends doing medicine and he got some B's and C's at GCSE.
Funnily enough they've all been pretty easy so far! 😄
you?

My English Literature exam went very well but I feel as if I didn't do as well as I wanted to in the RE exam.A lot of the applicants on that page don't have all A*s(the average seems to be just under half)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kashagupta
Yeah I am :smile: Oh I did the physical paper last year! :smile: Andd revision....well I haven't even started! :') I've been focusing on the other exams :/ I'm really going to try and do as much as possible in the next two weeks though! What about you?

fair do's-lucky, this years was quite hard, same, you have to revise for one at a time and you end up with hardly any time for the big ones-i have 2 maths, 2 geog, and a maths in the same week! dont know how im gonna survive :frown:
Original post by zaraasker
fair do's-lucky, this years was quite hard, same, you have to revise for one at a time and you end up with hardly any time for the big ones-i have 2 maths, 2 geog, and a maths in the same week! dont know how im gonna survive :frown:

It's ridiculous that your school makes you do them like that! There's just a lot of learning for these geography exams, isn't there? The fact that they make you do both in such a short space of time is quite unfair on you-I didn't think schools still did that :/ Best of luck though! How did your controlled assessment go?
It's ridiculous that your school makes you do them like that! There's just a lot of learning for these geography exams, isn't there? The fact that they make you do both in such a short space of time is quite unfair on you-I didn't think schools still did that :/ Best of luck though! How did your controlled assessment go?

i know right! but better than current year 9's who have to do all linear and no retakes! trust me there is tons of content and in geography too, this maths exam is also the hardest of 3 units!
c.a. went alright-low A despite SO much effort!
How about you?
Original post by zaraasker
i know right! but better than current year 9's who have to do all linear and no retakes! trust me there is tons of content and in geography too, this maths exam is also the hardest of 3 units!
c.a. went alright-low A despite SO much effort!
How about you?

Have you done many retakes? I loved having the choice of doing resits, that's why these exams seem so much more daunting, because any resits will have to be done in the AS year! Are you with edexcel for maths?
And I have no clue how I did! Our teacher didn't want to tell us :/ so annoying! What did you do for your CA?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Have you done many retakes? I loved having the choice of doing resits, that's why these exams seem so much more daunting, because any resits will have to be done in the AS year! Are you with edexcel for maths?
And I have no clue how I did! Our teacher didn't want to tell us :/ so annoying! What did you do for your CA?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I retook (from january):
English Language-i was one mark off an A in the exam and whole gcse!
Chemistry unit 2 aqa-if my mark in my ISA fell by one i would have lost out on my A* so i retook just in case
Physics unit 2-85 UMS but teacher made it seem as if unit 3 was impossible (which it really isn't) so i retook but am glad now because unit 3 wasnt anywhere near as easy as the past papers
IKR, this is like basically only one chance-you dont want to be focussing on GCSE's and AS's at the same time-waay too much work!
No I' with AQA for maths-new spec.
How annoying, we had to wait ages and pester him for ages beofre he told us anything!
We were meant to do the rivers one on a trip to wales but I didn't want to go so I did the urban one-comparing tow contrasting areas of a setttlement. What about you?
Original post by ArtisticFlair
Can you remember what the question was?
Was part a) specifically asking you about the passage in relation to Curley's wife, and part b) asking you about the attitudes towards women?

I didnt do it sorry! I did purple hibiscus.

I see your point :frown: ALOT OF A*'s and A's :frown:((((( ( well for me that is ) but maybe we can do better!? :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4133
Okay, this might change the subject of the thread a little, but I need some advice!

For those of that have reached it, what did you all do for your 16th?

The only idea I have thus far is a non-alcoholic version of the Monopoly Pub Crawl i.e. you split into teams, spread out across London, visit each street on the Monopoly board. Whoever visits the most streets within a certain time limit (with photographic evidence), wins. Is this a good idea? It's cheap (apart from tube fares, but they're capped at least :smile:) but could be a bit handicapped by the weather.

Any other ideas/advice welcome! :biggrin:
Reply 4134
Original post by Paramore<3
Okay, this might change the subject of the thread a little, but I need some advice!

For those of that have reached it, what did you all do for your 16th?

The only idea I have thus far is a non-alcoholic version of the Monopoly Pub Crawl i.e. you split into teams, spread out across London, visit each street on the Monopoly board. Whoever visits the most streets within a certain time limit (with photographic evidence), wins. Is this a good idea? It's cheap (apart from tube fares, but they're capped at least :smile:) but could be a bit handicapped by the weather.

Any other ideas/advice welcome! :biggrin:

I didn't really do anything special for my 16th, but I did the Monopoly game with a few friends about a month ago. It was a lot of fun, so I'd say you should do it.
So I created a thread on here wanting to know what the Edexcel grade boundaries were and it's been approved. Is that a bad thing?
Reply 4136
Anyway, just had two days of rest, now back to more revision :frown: BIology, History and German exams left.... Looking forward to the loooooooooooooooong summer holiday, then after that, going to Sixth form! Anyone else moving to another sixth form?
Original post by Sheel1
I see your point :frown: ALOT OF A*'s and A's :frown:((((( ( well for me that is ) but maybe we can do better!? :P

Kinda depressing, isn't it?

Do you want to go into medicine too, then? :smile:
Hmm...this thread has been ever so quiet today...
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
I'm sure you'l be fine, my firends doing medicine and he got some B's and C's at GCSE.
Funnily enough they've all been pretty easy so far! 😄
you?

Lol thanks :biggrin:
That's good! How many exams do you have left? :smile:

Mine are not going too badly either, thanks :smile: Just one or two exams which I feel bad about but oh well, worrying isn't going to change anything :smile:

Latest