The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbseh
IM NOT CRAZY! A fellow science/maths person :biggrin: Have you don't triple or duel science?

Lol these are the options that separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls :tongue: I've done triple science :smile: You?

I can't wait to start tbh as these are my favourite subjects :love:

And welcome to the thread!! :biggrin:
Reply 4201
Original post by usycool1
Lol these are the options that separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls :tongue: I've done triple science :smile: You?

I can't wait to start tbh as these are my favourite subjects :love:

And welcome to the thread!! :biggrin:

I did duel, I wanted to keep history and geography available so that I can boost my A* numbers overall. I made sure I'd be okay for A Level though!
Oooh me too! The thing about maths for me is the satisfaction of figuring out a difficult answer as fast as I can. Some people say 'what if you get it wrong?' but there is always a moment when you realise how to do it, that's a good feeling.
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Abbseh
I did duel, I wanted to keep history and geography available so that I can boost my A* numbers overall. I made sure I'd be okay for A Level though!
Oooh me too! The thing about maths for me is the satisfaction of figuring out a difficult answer as fast as I can. Some people say 'what if you get it wrong?' but there is always a moment when you realise how to do it, that's a good feeling.
Thank you! :smile:

Nice :smile:
Lol that's exactly what I love about maths too :smile: I did AS this year and there's nothing better than doing a page of working on an AS paper and then arriving at the final answer :smile: I absolutely love that feeling!
Reply 4203
Nice :smile:
Lol that's exactly what I love about maths too :smile: I did AS this year and there's nothing better than doing a page of working on an AS paper and then arriving at the final answer :smile: I absolutely love that feeling!

I wish I could have done AS this year, some people were offered it but due to illness I messed up my year 9 exam and was put into a lower maths group and so only moved up this year to top. How did you find AS?
Original post by Abbseh
I wish I could have done AS this year, some people were offered it but due to illness I messed up my year 9 exam and was put into a lower maths group and so only moved up this year to top. How did you find AS?

Ahh that's annoying :frown: I found it tough at first, but then after lots of practise, I thought it was OK :smile:
Reply 4205
Ahh that's annoying :frown: I found it tough at first, but then after lots of practise, I thought it was OK :smile:

That's not too bad, only to be expected with A Level :smile: Which exam board are you on for it?
Original post by Abbseh
That's not too bad, only to be expected with A Level :smile: Which exam board are you on for it?

I'm with Edexcel for maths :smile: You?
Original post by blueray
It is a lot easier than GCSE maths :lol: And more interesting, eg pascal, sin cos tan etc :tongue:

i hate basic trig :/ im crap at it! but i really like advanced... and my teacher refuses to go over basic cos shes like if you can do advanced u cn do basic. we are not going back in stages, we are going forward =[
Original post by Adriennet
i hate basic trig :/ im crap at it! but i really like advanced... and my teacher refuses to go over basic cos shes like if you can do advanced u cn do basic. we are not going back in stages, we are going forward =[

I used to be crap at it :biggrin: I can teach it :smile: What don't you understand? :h:
Hoow much revision haveyou done today? I've done 0
Reply 4210
I'm with Edexcel for maths :smile: You?

The dreaded AQA!
Original post by Abbseh
Hello! I'm the awkward new one with no idea what to do... Anyone doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths for A Level? Don't let me be the only one! Ahaha

You're not alone! I'm taking both maths and chemistry aswell:tongue:!
Reply 4212
Original post by Abbseh
Hello! I'm the awkward new one with no idea what to do... Anyone doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths for A Level? Don't let me be the only one! Ahaha

I'm doing Maths and Further Maths. I think you're mad for taking all three sciences though :P
Reply 4213
Original post by Melissajanex
You're not alone! I'm taking both maths and chemistry aswell:tongue:!

Oooh yay! :biggrin: I love chemistry so much... it's so fascinating to me. As is maths although I think maths is more based on satisfaction :smile:
Reply 4214
Original post by Alexx53
I'm doing Maths and Further Maths. I think you're mad for taking all three sciences though :P

Oh don't say that! Sciences are amazing, they are a humans way of trying to explain the world in the most logical way possible, who can't enjoy that?! :biggrin:
*high five* for the maths craziness :smile:
Reply 4215
Original post by Abbseh
Oh don't say that! Sciences are amazing, they are a humans way of trying to explain the world in the most logical way possible, who can't enjoy that?! :biggrin:
*high five* for the maths craziness :smile:

I think I may have found Science better if we actually found out about interesting stuff. But tbh, I don't really care what colour flame a substance burns with or the rest of the stuff we had to learn for GCSE.
You look like you're going to have a lot of work to do next year :tongue:
Reply 4216
Original post by Alexx53
I think I may have found Science better if we actually found out about interesting stuff. But tbh, I don't really care what colour flame a substance burns with or the rest of the stuff we had to learn for GCSE.
You look like you're going to have a lot of work to do next year :tongue:

GCSE was never going to be ground breaking stuff, that's why I can't wait for degree level with research.
I know, lots of work! Hopefully it wont be too bad, I enjoy it so it's not painful for me to sit there. Geography on the other hand...
Original post by tamil4
By the sounds of things, seems like it will be lowered if it was that hard. Do you have anymore science exams?
I did Edexcel Stats last year, I was 2 off an A* -.-
yeah geography revision is not fun! i'm probably going to spend most of this week doing geography...not looking forward to it :L

yeah someone said 29 for an A* which is really low out of 4!
Awww, unlucky, did you retake?
yeah same but i also have two history exams and lots of people coming over to our house-so thats like max. 2 days for each exam-and books recommend 2 weeks!
I had my Leavers assembly yesterday, didn't shed one tear sadly But I did get emotional when I said goodbye to one of my bestfriends. All the girls in my school wore 6 inch heels I'm just thankful for my wedges and we went to tinsel town home to America burgers and milkshakes it's really great. Did anyone have their Leavers assembly and do you really think you'll keep in touch with your current friends?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by zaraasker
yeah someone said 29 for an A* which is really low out of 4!
Awww, unlucky, did you retake?
yeah same but i also have two history exams and lots of people coming over to our house-so thats like max. 2 days for each exam-and books recommend 2 weeks!

i meant 45! :smile:

Latest