The Student Room Group

Premier League Draft

Scroll to see replies

I'll give it a try why not Multitalented me :smile:
Stu Laverty in.

I think a limit on players from one team would be great. Kind of like how we restricted the number of same-nationality players in the last game.

As long as I get past round 1, I'm happy!
(edited 11 years ago)
By the way, are the players judged on merit, talent or both?
**** just looked at the past game & saw that the player bios were quite long, do we really have to type that much or is the main thing just the players you pick & tactics?
Reply 24
In, hopefully I'll win a game this time. :biggrin:

iPoop
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
i'm up for trying it. Cll_ws
Reply 26
Original post by Multitalented me
**** just looked at the past game & saw that the player bios were quite long, do we really have to type that much or is the main thing just the players you pick & tactics?

They don't have to be too long at all, it's good to introduce your players though - especially some players who people might've forgotten/were before their time. Main thing is the players, formation/tactics.
Can we get a link to the previous thread? I can't seem to find it :confused:
I think I'll just watch this time, see how things go.
Is there still space? If so, in.

Kenan and Kel
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
Can we get a link to the previous thread? I can't seem to find it :confused:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2063160

Btw VQG, do you think 20 games is enough? I think 40-50 games would be better, just to ensure that the player was in the league for at least one season.
Reply 32
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Btw VQG, do you think 20 games is enough? I think 40-50 games would be better, just to ensure that the player was in the league for at least one season.

I think so, if you raise it to 40-50 games that's more than one season so players who joined the premier league at the start of 11/12 would be ruled out. We also need to decide the cap for players from each team.

I'd say 3 players max from each team. I've seen a draft with 2 player cap and it becomes tedious in the knock out rounds picking a player from your opponents team. Eventually they had to abolish the 2 player cap rule for that because most players couldn't really pick anyone from the losing team, and it came down to luck in who you play and the player you can take from them.
Original post by VQG
They don't have to be too long at all, it's good to introduce your players though - especially some players who people might've forgotten/were before their time. Main thing is the players, formation/tactics.
Ok cool, btw your a legend for making this game aha :cool:
Original post by VQG
I think so, if you raise it to 40-50 games that's more than one season so players who joined the premier league at the start of 11/12 would be ruled out. We also need to decide the cap for players from each team.

I'd say 3 players max from each team. I've seen a draft with 2 player cap and it becomes tedious in the knock out rounds picking a player from your opponents team. Eventually they had to abolish the 2 player cap rule for that because most players couldn't really pick anyone from the losing team, and it came down to luck in who you play and the player you can take from them.

I'd say 3's about right. Heck it worked pretty nicely for the 00s draft. Definitely wouldn't do 2, especially as a lot of the top players played for more than one club.

One problem that may occur with the 20 games rule is if the draft takes a while, and when people are down to their last couple picks, guys like Hazard, Oscar, Kagawa, Cazorla, Podolski become available. The pick of those players could just become pot luck on whose turn it is. But the draft shouldn't take that long.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by VQG

First pick 2 limit, then up to 3 once the matches start.

I'd say 3's about right. Heck it worked pretty nicely for the 00s draft. Definitely wouldn't do 2, especially as a lot of the top players played for more than one club.

One problem that may occur with the 20 games rule is if the draft takes a while, and when people are down to their last couple picks, guys like Hazard, Oscar, Kagawa, Cazorla, Podolski become available. The pick of those players could just become pot luck on whose turn it is. But the draft shouldn't take that long.

Its only up until the end of last season. :wink:
Reply 36
Ok cool, btw your a legend for making this game aha :cool:

As much as I'd like to take credit, its actually a really popular game on other forums - and people on here warmed to it as well.

That wouldn't happen because the limit for the draft is the end of the 11/12 season (performance wise as well) so all those players are ineligible.
Original post by VQG
As much as I'd like to take credit, its actually a really popular game on other forums - and people on here warmed to it as well.
Nevermind :tongue:

So when do we start picking then? I think the 12 hour window is too long as I want the game to move fairly swiftly lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Nevermind :tongue:

So when do we start picking then? I think the 12 hour window is too long as I want the game to move fairly swiftly lol.

Last time 12 hours sometimes, proved to be quite short, during the weekends the game almost came to standstills.

I think this time around instead of just quoting the next person, we should send a PM. I know I won't be on TSR as much as I used to and a PM would be very useful.
Reply 39
When do we get going? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest