The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040

Oh god my sides. Nearly fell off my chair laughing.
I finished Gunsmith Cats: Burst... and I think I'm going to struggle to find anything quite as good to replace it. :sadnod: Since I also recently finished Caravan Kidd, Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch and Pita-Ten, I'll certainly need to pick up something new, as the only completely published series I'm still collecting is Dr. Slump, and I've only got four volumes of that to go too!

So, could anyone recommend me some decent series that are fully published in English? I'm not fussy about age or genre (as you could probably guess from the list of titles above :p:), but preferably nothing that got dropped part way through, or that's still being released. I'm already waiting on new volumes for around a dozen series, and those waits can be anywhere from a month to half a year, so I just want something to read while I wait. :yes: My only ideas so far are Kobato and The Lady of Pharis.

Thanks in advance. :smile:
Any of you guys like watching psychological/mind f*** anime? anime like death note, kaiji, one outs, code geass, monster etc..
What is your favourite and do you have some suggestions for me to watch lol :biggrin:
Original post by Bob Ahmed
Any of you guys like watching psychological/mind f*** anime? anime like death note, kaiji, one outs, code geass, monster etc..
What is your favourite and do you have some suggestions for me to watch lol :biggrin:

Yeah, I've watched and highly enjoyed all the titles you've listed there. :yes: I think Monster would be my favorite, because it had the more episodes to build up a greater story, and it's also the least flawed in my opinion.

As for recommendations, not many spring to mind that have quite as much suspense... maybe try Gankutsuou, Baccano!, Mirai Nikki or (from the current season) Zetsuen no Tempest? :smile:
Hey, little bit of advise sought:

I've gotten really into Sword Art Online (but I don't want to read the manga) and a friend of mine, well, he's a bit of a mean spirited one, has decided he would read the manga so as to spoil it for a laugh.
It's a bit of a conundrum, any advice on what to do? :confused:
Original post by Chewythepikachu
Hey, little bit of advise sought:

I've gotten really into Sword Art Online (but I don't want to read the manga) and a friend of mine, well, he's a bit of a mean spirited one, has decided he would read the manga so as to spoil it for a laugh.
It's a bit of a conundrum, any advice on what to do? :confused:

That's an odd one. :lolwut: Avoid said friend for a couple of weeks, or at least try not to bring up the subject during that time? :dontknow: There's only two episodes to go!
*hopes to have next season's preview thread up within an hour*

And here it is. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4047

I'd suggest Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
That's an odd one. :lolwut: Avoid said friend for a couple of weeks, or at least try not to bring up the subject during that time? :dontknow: There's only two episodes to go!

Isn't there going to be a second series? Granted it won't be until summer...
Original post by Chewythepikachu
Isn't there going to be a second series? Granted it won't be until summer...

Source? I've heard nothing about this, and neither Wiki, ANN or MAL have any info of the sort. I don't think I've seen ANY anime series confirmed for the summer season yet, which isn't surprising seeing as it's half a year away.
latest ep of Magi was :sogood: hope theres more of these epic fight scenes :yes:

Lain
Paranoia Agent
Perfect Blue

but my fave of all would have to be Shadow Star Narutaru :cute:

ive actually started reading the manga recently, onto the 5th volume, seems to be pretty similar to the anime :h:
Reply 4051
Latest Chuuni

Spoiler

ahh Chuuni :cry2:

Spoiler

Reply 4053
Seeing this reminded that I really should carry on reading tsukihime. Didn't even manage to get half way through Arcueid's route before I stopped reading.
Reply 4054
The new JoJo's OP is up in somewhat janky, just-released quality on YouTube. Not sure about the song but it's certainly nice to look at:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I finished Gunsmith Cats: Burst... and I think I'm going to struggle to find anything quite as good to replace it. :sadnod: Since I also recently finished Caravan Kidd, Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch and Pita-Ten, I'll certainly need to pick up something new, as the only completely published series I'm still collecting is Dr. Slump, and I've only got four volumes of that to go too!

So, could anyone recommend me some decent series that are fully published in English? I'm not fussy about age or genre (as you could probably guess from the list of titles above :p:), but preferably nothing that got dropped part way through, or that's still being released. I'm already waiting on new volumes for around a dozen series, and those waits can be anywhere from a month to half a year, so I just want something to read while I wait. :yes: My only ideas so far are Kobato and The Lady of Pharis.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Cheers for the suggestions. :rolleyes: :tongue: As well as Kobato, I've also gone with Urasawa Naoki/Osamu Tezuka's Pluto, which should do me for now. But if anyone does have any more ideas to add to the huge pile, I'd be more than happy to hear them. :smile:
Hey :biggrin:

Can I have a new anime series recommendation please?

Previous ones watched and enjoyed:

Death Note
Hellsing
Berserk
Eflein Lied
Gantz
Steins;Gate

I'm looking for a psychological thriller that's fun, but violent at times.

Original post by hollywoodbudgie

Death Note
Hellsing
Berserk
Eflein Lied
Gantz
Steins;Gate

Hello. :smile:

It feels like all I do in this thread these days is recommend psychological thrillers and/or mysteries, so I hate to sound like a stuck record, but I feel most of the shows I recommended a few posts back (Baccano!, Mirai Nikki, Shiki etc) might also appeal to you. :yes:
Reply 4058
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

Death Note
Hellsing
Berserk
Eflein Lied
Gantz
Steins;Gate

Word.
Thank you guys :hugs:

For now though... Fullmetal Alchemist :tongue:

(it's kinda cute)

Latest