The Student Room Group

Is anyone doing exams in january ?

Like the science unit 1 exams for AQA...

it looks like im the only one doing it :/

im sure there are others but ...:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A majority of my friends are resitting their B1 and P1 exams. I'm taking my B2 and P2 exams.
Reply 2
Oh ok well i am going to do P1 , B1 and C1 this january and in June i will do unit 2.

And then in year 11 i will do the third units :/
Reply 3
Oh good luck! I got straight Cs on mine last year and that's good for me considering I just messed about and did no revision what soever. Don't stress, just revise the content and you're sure to do well!
Reply 4
I have English language retake on Of Mice and Men (I was meant to get an A, but I got a C.) I have a history retake, I got a D and also additional science which is on B3, C3 and P3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Beat
Oh good luck! I got straight Cs on mine last year and that's good for me considering I just messed about and did no revision what soever. Don't stress, just revise the content and you're sure to do well!

Thanks for the kind words :biggrin:
Reply 6
yeah i've got p1, b1 and c1 two days after we got back and haven't even started revising :/
Reply 7
I'm on edexcel so I have B,C,P:4,5,6
The first three modules are soo much easier than these!! Anyone else doing this?
I have my English language exam and then sciences B2 P2 and C2! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I have a B1, B2, C1, C2, History and English Language Exam:cool:
Reply 10
Original post by EvasiveRose
I have a B1, B2, C1, C2, History and English Language Exam:cool:

Sounds like a lot of revision !! Good luck 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by 02simm
Oh ok well i am going to do P1 , B1 and C1 this january and in June i will do unit 2.

And then in year 11 i will do the third units :/

Are you sure? After this summer you have to do all the exams for a GCSE in the same exam season so, whilst you could complete Science this year and do Additional Science next year, you cannot do part of Biology (or Chemistry or Physics) this year and then the rest next year.
I've only got one, but I'm quite glad as it's Physics (resit of P1) so I can concentrate on it. I got a B the first time... Physics is my worst science though and I'd given up before even doing it. Now I'm being more positive and revising I keep getting A's, sometimes A*'s on the past papers so hopefully I can get an A in this one, then I'll have A's in all of the unit 1's.
I have C1, P1 and B2 resits and C2 and P2 for Science and Spanish resits.
Reply 14
Hey i'm also looking for people who are doing exams in January but IGCSE ones. Please let me know if you found someone. Thank you. Btw I'm new so I know nothing about this sight :frown:
Biology 2 WJEC
English Literature WJEC-Of Mice and Men/Unseen Poems
English Language WJEC-Reading paper

Most people in my years are taking Chemistry 1, Physics 1 and Biology 1 (not Biology 2) as well though so I'm lucky I've already sat them
Reply 16
I've only got OCR gateway B B1,C1,P1 but the whole of the year9s and year10s are taking the same ones.
im doing c2 and p2 resits and aqa english lit :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Data
Are you sure? After this summer you have to do all the exams for a GCSE in the same exam season so, whilst you could complete Science this year and do Additional Science next year, you cannot do part of Biology (or Chemistry or Physics) this year and then the rest next year.

This is kinda hard to explain ...

in year 9 we revised all of unit 1 .
in year 10 people doing seperate(triple) sciences learn unit 2 while the rest revise unit 1 again.

In january 2013 we have a unit 1 exam. Then for those doing seperate sciences , we have another test ( unit 2) in june.
Reply 19
Original post by 02simm
This is kinda hard to explain ...

in year 9 we revised all of unit 1 .
in year 10 people doing seperate(triple) sciences learn unit 2 while the rest revise unit 1 again.

In january 2013 we have a unit 1 exam. Then for those doing seperate sciences , we have another test ( unit 2) in june.

I understand that, but the rules are changing and for people completing GCSEs after this summer the whole GCSE has to be taken in a single exam season. This means that you either have to complete separate sciences this summer, or take all the exams again next year.

Quick Reply

Latest