The Student Room Group

MAT admissions test

Hi would anyone know who is taking MAT test that do you get your result straight away? Or not
So if it wasn't very good then you would not apply to Warwick or imperial. Obviously you would have to apply to Oxford because the test is after the admission deadline in mid October.
Anyone else in this situation?
Reply 1
Original post by Infrastructures
Hi would anyone know who is taking MAT test that do you get your result straight away? Or not
So if it wasn't very good then you would not apply to Warwick or imperial. Obviously you would have to apply to Oxford because the test is after the admission deadline in mid October.
Anyone else in this situation?

According to the Oxford MAT webpage you get sent your MAT score automatically in January. I don't know how early in January. This relates to Oxford applicants.
(edited 6 months ago)
Thanks. Do you know if the results get sent to Warwick and Oxford straight away by the school. My test centre is the school. Do I need to tell my teachers that I also need to send result to Warwick. I was thinking if applying to Warwick a month later.
Reply 3
Thanks. Do you know if the results get sent to Warwick and Oxford straight away by the school. My test centre is the school. Do I need to tell my teachers that I also need to send result to Warwick. I was thinking if applying to Warwick a month later.

I can't understand your questions. The scripts are marked by Oxford. How would the school have the mark?
No sorry I meant the paper..
Reply 5
No sorry I meant the paper..

The scripts are sent to one place as I understand things.

Oxford know the results (as it’s their exam)

you have to tell warwick your candidate number and authorise Oxford to release your score to them for me to find it out and consider it

you only really need to do that if you have passed the watermark for a reduced exam results based on your at score (or have come very close). I mention it as if your a levels are short a grade and you only missed MAT by 1 mark you will almost certainly be accepted / not kicked out on results day (though they recommend you still phone up and ask for your place on results day of you have missed by 1 grade)
(edited 6 months ago)
How do you get the MAT results from Oxford? Sat in October and had interview but no offer. How can we find out what the MAT score was as this will affect another offer we are holding from a different uni. Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #1
How do you get the MAT results from Oxford? Sat in October and had interview but no offer. How can we find out what the MAT score was as this will affect another offer we are holding from a different uni. Thanks

All Oxford applicants taking the MAT should have already been emailed their score for both the MAT and EMAT (aka MATb) early January. If you have yet to receive yours I suggest emailing Oxford's Maths Department for your score. (Or maybe check your spam mails again)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending