The Student Room Group

Fast track through foundation course?

Do universities ever fast track students who are performing exceptionally well on their foundation course so that they can begin their bachelor’s degree early?
No. How would that work anyway? Even if you are doing well in the foundation course halfway through, you wouldn't possibly be at the same level as someone halfway through the first year from not even meeting the requirements for direct entry to swap into the first year course halfway through.
Reply 2
I see. I only ask the question because I was told by a close relative of mine that they knew somebody who performed so well in their first semester on a foundation course, that they were moved onto the bachelors. Apparently there was enough reason to believe that the individual would be able to catch up with his new classmates. Was just curious whether anybody else had heard of any other similar instances. 🤷*♂️
Reply 3
Essentially nonsense - for all the reasons AL has outlined.
I've never heard of this happening.
Original post by uvwv
I see. I only ask the question because I was told by a close relative of mine that they knew somebody who performed so well in their first semester on a foundation course, that they were moved onto the bachelors. Apparently there was enough reason to believe that the individual would be able to catch up with his new classmates. Was just curious whether anybody else had heard of any other similar instances. 🤷*♂️

I have never heard of this and doubt it being true. The person would have missed all the first semester and exams.

The only thing I can think of that might have happened is that in past years some universities started courses in Jan because of covid and allowing for students who actually sat the exams in the autumn when they werent happy with their teacher assessed grades. This didnt happen everywhere but possibly the university could have been happy and taken somebody on the January course which would then have been a full first year. I dont think anyone has courses starting in January now as everybody is taking exams and not teacher assessed grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending