The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) Thursday 10th January Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
anyone doing f332 on the 16th?
Reply 321
That is the QP not MS
Reply 322
What did everyone get for the empirical formulae question???

I got CeO2
Reply 323
Yeah I did name them:tongue: Do you think I would get 5 marks for it?

Original post by krisshP
What about saying defection by an electric field for mass spectroscopy

I didn't say that- do you reckon my points would merit 5 marks?

Original post by NielsBohrsDad
I think i did something similar, only with mine i said after the ionisation bit- that the ions are accelerated by an electric field to ensure they all have the same kinetic energy- and because of this increased energy, it meant that only the mass could affect the time taken to reach the detector- i vaguely spoke about the detector and didnt call it an ion detector- i called it a detector lol!! then i just said it meant that lighter ions reached first.

And also the empirical formula of cerium oxide- i really dont see where i went wrong i did 81.4/240.1(seeing as there was 2 cerium atoms in the ce2o3) and 18.6/48(3 oxygens in the ce2o3)
and my final answer was ce506 which nobody got!!!
Lol!!

Eek!! I didn't mention the kinetic energy but I did say that lighter ones would reach the ion detector first, do you think I would get 5 marks? Don't think the detector point you put should make you lose a mark, unless the examiner is a ****.

For the empirical you do the percentage over the mass, that was your mistake, plus you shouldn't have used Ce2O3, you should have imagined them as 1 mole, i'm not really sure why you did that.

It should have been:
18.6/16= 1.16
81.4/140.1= 0.58

So 0.58:1.16
1: 2

Therfore CeO2.

Original post by krisshP
What did everyone get for the empirical formulae question???

I got CeO2

Same!!!
i dont get that though carbon dioxide dot cross diagram had 2 electron pairs shared by carbon and oxygen on either side. and the question asked about the dot cross diagram. they both hav double bonds. and it didnt ask about the structure of the giant network just the dot cross...

also there was another question later about properties i remember what was that question?

I have absolutely no idea what the correct answer for the bonding one was, but people did write down silicon has 4 bonding pairs with 4 oxygens, hence the single bonds.

Oh yeah, about mendeleev and how the the properties fit into the gaps or something. This had already come up in a past paper.
Reply 325
Do you have to talk about the drift region? I don't think I talked about the drift region:frown:
Reply 326
How did everyone get their answer to the energy density one?
Reply 328
Original post by lisarules23
How did everyone get their answer to the energy density one?

1000/112 (Mr of Hydrocarbon)

Answer x enthalpy value.
Anyone want a copy of the paper?

Original post by fish

yes please.
Reply 331
Original post by one pound fish

Yes and if possible the mark scheme as well
Thanks
Original post by cheetahs56
1000/112 (Mr of Hydrocarbon)

Answer x enthalpy value.

Did you get 43.6kJ or something like that? I'm pretty sure that's what I did.
Reply 333
Original post by spleenharvester
Did you get 43.6kJ or something like that? I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

I think I got 47,000 ish? If you did that method then you will have got the right asnwer:smile:
Original post by krisshP
Yes and if possible the mark scheme as well
Thanks

yes please.

Won't be able to post in the forum as the file size exceeds the 500kb limit - if you pm me your e-mail i'll send you the file :smile:
Reply 335
Original post by one pound fish
Won't be able to post in the forum as the file size exceeds the 500kb limit - if you pm me your e-mail i'll send you the file :smile:

Just use mediafire so it's easier and quicker for you.
http://www.mediafire.com
When you have finished uploading, copy the link and post it here.
Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by krisshP
Just use mediafire so it's easier and quicker for you.
http://www.mediafire.com
When you have finished uploading, copy the link and post it here.
Thanks

there you go!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 337
Thanks :smile: Anyone have the mark scheme, or a rough idea of the correct answers for each question ?? :smile:
Reply 338
Original post by 2g634yhn
Thanks :smile: Anyone have the mark scheme, or a rough idea of the correct answers for each question ?? :smile:

I made an unofficial mark scheme if you wanna check it out, and add answers to it:smile:
Original post by cheetahs56
I made an unofficial mark scheme if you wanna check it out, and add answers to it:smile:

Where??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending