The Student Room Group

Government and Politics A2 Unit3d edexcel prediction

Hi everyone,
This is a thread for those sitting january 16th 2013 A2 exam for unit 3d. Feel free to make any predictions. I think limitations of United Nations is going to come out. What are your predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by dlabz
Hi everyone,
This is a thread for those sitting january 16th 2013 A2 exam for unit 3d. Feel free to make any predictions. I think limitations of United Nations is going to come out. What are your predictions?

I was beginning to think my college was the only one doing this topic! My bet is on regionalism/EU
Reply 2
I also thought the same mainly because this thread has been here for a while its like a grave yard not even a single soul replied. Anyway how is preparation going? i have just been panicking :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by frananaful
I was beginning to think my college was the only one doing this topic! My bet is on regionalism/EU

How have you been preparing?
Reply 4
Original post by dlabz
How have you been preparing?

just going over as many questions as I can really and making sure I know the theories well, its a good thing is exam is synoptic, What about you?
Reply 5
im doing all past questions then i would take my time and guess what might come out:colondollar: it has really been working for me!
Reply 6
Original post by dlabz
im doing all past questions then i would take my time and guess what might come out:colondollar: it has really been working for me!

thats good, what topic are you most worried about coming up?
Reply 7
I've got this exam tomorrow; so grateful it's in the afternoon! I reckon the EU will come up seeing as it hasn't for the last two papers as a 45 mark question. I hope something on US decline/rise of china will come up as I've loads of statistics on those. For 15 markers I reckon something on the IMF will come up.
Reply 8
Oh, and I'd be hopeless on NATO and regionalism questions. Seeing as it says you're online "Frananaful" I'd be more than up for talking about it? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Amos36
Oh, and I'd be hopeless on NATO and regionalism questions. Seeing as it says you're online "Frananaful" I'd be more than up for talking about it? :smile:

Im also online we can discuss:wink:
Reply 10
Nobody does this syllabus. There's only 4 markers for the Jan exam. One of which is my own teacher (though he can't mark our papers obvs).

I've revised realism/liberalism, globalisation, UN, IMF, US decline/BRICS/China, classifications of power, multipolarity and loads on EU because it's bound to come up I think.
Reply 11
Original post by Amos36
Nobody does this syllabus. There's only 4 markers for the Jan exam. One of which is my own teacher (though he can't mark our papers obvs).

I've revised realism/liberalism, globalisation, UN, IMF, US decline/BRICS/China, classifications of power, multipolarity and loads on EU because it's bound to come up I think.

Hey :smile: when I first found out we was doing this topic I really didn't like the idea of it, but its grown on me. I'm fine on the theory stuff like realise/liberalism, power, polarity but I think I need to do more on EU/UN/regionalism in general, we haven't learnt so much about the UN or global economic governance in general so i'm dreading that coming up!
Reply 12
Also, sorry for the slowness, attempting revision! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by frananaful
Hey :smile: when I first found out we was doing this topic I really didn't like the idea of it, but its grown on me. I'm fine on the theory stuff like realise/liberalism, power, polarity but I think I need to do more on EU/UN/regionalism in general, we haven't learnt so much about the UN or global economic governance in general so i'm dreading that coming up!

im also scared i just feel im not prepared enough to write for 45marks
Reply 14
My teachers don't seem to think that NATO will come up, and think that any regionalism essays will be along the lines of "EU as a superstate (Federal or not?), or EU as a major global actor (superpower)"
Reply 15
How are you guys structuring the essay?
I#m so used to just doing all of the points for then saying however and doing all of the points against. I'm starting to think it makes sense to say a point, explain it and then say however and explain the opposing view.
What do you thinks better?

Also hoping for EU here!
Reply 16
Original post by hotelbravo
My teachers don't seem to think that NATO will come up, and think that any regionalism essays will be along the lines of "EU as a superstate (Federal or not?), or EU as a major global actor (superpower)"

I think that's a good bet to be honest.

My 45 mark structure is: intro spamming relevant knowledge and saying which way the essay will argue, 3/2 x for (with counter as "Mouth" said if I believe against), 3/2 against, depending on time.
Reply 17
yay more people in the thread finally! this is a really rare unit
Reply 18
Original post by Mouth
How are you guys structuring the essay?
I#m so used to just doing all of the points for then saying however and doing all of the points against. I'm starting to think it makes sense to say a point, explain it and then say however and explain the opposing view.
What do you thinks better?

Also hoping for EU here!

EU is good topic for me. I know all the treaties and institutions for knowledge (AO1). Federalists/functionalists/neofunctionalists for synoptic linkage (AOwhatever). And you've got lots of economic data to big it up and some examples of failure e.g. Kosovo, Foreign and Security Policy failure, Eurozone Crisis, failure to agree on Euro budget December 2012.

Any good ideas you've got?
Reply 19
The grade boundaries seem good to me:

JULY 2012:

71 - A*
63 - A

JAN 2012:

67 - A*
61 - A

That would mean a recent average of 69/90 for A* and 62/90 for A.

Which would be like 10,10,10 and 32 for A or 11,11,11 and 36 for A*.

Doesn't seem too bad and I've not bothered to find out B boundary, sorry folks. Aim high! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending