Horrible Horrible Horrible exam
Worst by far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81

Same, it was 16 over 5 which is 3.2
Reply 82
Original post by KRJACK
There was only one other answer because it said that a was positive :smile:

How many marks do you reckon you lose for stating the negative value as well? Hopefully only 1/6?
Did you get (1+root7)/3? Or something a long the lines of that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
The worst C2 paper ever!!... after doing the whole past paper pack that my college provided and getting 60+/72 in all of the previous ones, I can honestly say that this was definitely the hardest C2 paper so far, and I don't know if got an A or not :/ .. predictions for grade boundaries?? I think an A will be quite low , but I'm worried Jan grade boundaries tend to be much higher :/ but this exam cant be anything higher than 55/72 for an A .. thoughts??..
Reply 84
Original post by Namrah
How many marks do you reckon you lose for stating the negative value as well? Hopefully only 1/6?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll only lose 1 mark and yeah that's what i got :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Namrah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess 1/6 as well. I made the same error. I doubt they would knock 2 off for an extra answer.
Original post by abzy1234
Oh well, unfortunately these things happen :smile:

I got something like (3x2+8x-2) I think, and solved it using the formula. Not too confident that I got the right answer though :/

I got that too...did you got 2 roots as well (excluding the given root)?
Original post by KRJACK
You'll only lose 1 mark and yeah that's what i got :smile:

I should think so. Previous papers have even accepted the factor left as a quadratic (I think).

I left both negative and positive... almost crossed out the negative sign just as a sheer guess because they hardly ever take the negative one, but ended up leaving it. :tongue:
Reply 88
Original post by Rocky Chainani
I got that too...did you got 2 roots as well (excluding the given root)?

Yup I did. But reading what others got, seems like I was totally wrong :frown:
Reply 89
Please may someone post the answers up
Reply 90
I doubt we're allowed to get the paper. For Chemistry, my teachers told me they can't give us the paper of even take images of it due to copyright and legal restrictions. Stupid policy, but I'm sure one of our teachers will allow us :tongue:
Reply 91
Original post by dominic391

How no one knows the answers???
Original post by dominic391

Mr M. will likely put the answers up after he's gone through it
Reply 93
Original post by saberahmed786
Mr M. will likely put the answers up after he's gone through it

Ahh okay, cheers bud
Reply 94
anyone remember any of the questions?
As I said I don't have a paper as my school closed due to snow today. If someone sends me a scan or photos from their photo I will sort it out.
Reply 96
Original post by Colroyd
This was the C2 paper from hell. I passed up 10 marks (final part of 9 due to time constraints and that 'find the other x value for this geometric progression' or whatever it was). I except grade boundaries to be extremely low, probably around 50 for an A.

agree with everything u said except your last point-no chance will grade boundaries drop to 50. 69% for an A? it was like that for a core 3 paper and that one was truely hard. I think 55 is the lowest they will go, and that being generous.
Reply 97
Original post by XiLE
I got a = 1 & a = (1 +/- square root of 7)/3

I have no idea. :L

Same :smile: most of my friends got those answers too.
If nobody has the paper we need to try and create a copy of the questions
Original post by BawanHama
Same :smile: most of my friends got those answers too.

I got that too so it must be right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending