The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also please read exam rules before posting
Reply 2
hola im also doing this exam :smile:
Does anyone have the C2 exam style question with a mark scheme for each topic <--- This is what I mean.
Original post by Midnight1811
Does anyone have the C2 exam style question with a mark scheme for each topic <--- This is what I mean.

this isnt chemistry? Try the biology thread
Reply 5
Any ideas about the 6 mark question?
nope...
Reply 7
Has anyone seen any questions at all on gas chromatography and mass spectrometry? It'd be helpful to see the mark scheme for a question like this, but I think it's new to the C2 spec?
Reply 8
Yep its new, there is one on the June 2012 exam, I did it as a mock in school. Don't know where to find it though, it might be up on the website now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Quick question : if the exam question asks for one reason can you just list many reasons that you know to be safe? Or do they just take the first one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone noticed any key topics which have been missing from both the specimen paper & mock (exam sat in may last year)
My worst nightmare:

Explain electrolysis (6 marks)
Reply 12
My teachers predictions:
empirical formula
electrolysis
question on ionic or covalent bonding and drawing the diagrams for electrons shared or transferred
graph question including averages (mean median mode range)
polymers
Ar and Mr formula
percentage masses

I think they will go easy because it is the first sitting of the exam, biology today was very safe and quite easy so im praying that chemistry is the same!
Original post by grammar12
My teachers predictions:
empirical formula
electrolysis
question on ionic or covalent bonding and drawing the diagrams for electrons shared or transferred
graph question including averages (mean median mode range)
polymers
Ar and Mr formula
percentage masses

I think they will go easy because it is the first sitting of the exam, biology today was very safe and quite easy so im praying that chemistry is the same!

I would love a question on emperical formula! Unforunately I have BUSS4 right after this exam, so its a pain.
Reply 14
anyone got any practise questions for me please?
Reply 15
I think that the six mark question will be on something which we have not really learnt much about, such as the leaf cell in the Biology paper. I have a hunch that it will either be on "electrolysis of aluminium","thermosoftening and thermosetting polymers" or "data analysis using an instrument such as mass spectrometry or gas chromatography".
I would advise to revise these things!
Can someone please tell me what are the other possible 6 markers other than thermosetting + thermosoftening polymers, electrolysis (possibly aluminium) and Mass Spectroscopy + Gas Chromatography?
Original post by sakbo
Quick question : if the exam question asks for one reason can you just list many reasons that you know to be safe? Or do they just take the first one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

They usually take one (probably the first one) so the best choice you have is to put down what you're sure about :smile:
I'm taking this too! :smile:
Original post by syhash
Has anyone seen any questions at all on gas chromatography and mass spectrometry? It'd be helpful to see the mark scheme for a question like this, but I think it's new to the C2 spec?

I do NOT want that to come up! That's my weakest area in C2. And knowing my bad luck, it will be what will come up in the exam - either the 6 marker, or the pesky 1/2 markers that AQA seem to love.

Latest

Trending

Trending