The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got into Clannad after seeing the reviews on here and i'm on my fourth day of watching it and almost finished it already (including after story) :tongue: So hooked its unreal :biggrin:
boom latest naruto :coma:

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Just got into Clannad after seeing the reviews on here and i'm on my fourth day of watching it and almost finished it already (including after story) :tongue: So hooked its unreal :biggrin:

Clannad is awesome :yep: i recommend watching Air and Kanon (2006) if you havent already :smile:
Reply 4242
I find all this Heineken beer "product placement" in HxH terribly amusing.:mmm:

Yorkshin arc still being engaging.:teeth: That's how you do magic eye powers.:hmmm:
Original post by eugenius 8
boom latest naruto :coma:

Clannad is awesome :yep: i recommend watching Air and Kanon (2006) if you havent already :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: I need something to watch now i've finished Clannad :frown: I never wanted it to end.
Are they similar to the first or scond season of Clannad? There made by the same guy anyway right? :smile:
Thanks :biggrin: I need something to watch now i've finished Clannad :frown: I never wanted it to end.
Are they similar to the first or scond season of Clannad? There made by the same guy anyway right? :smile:

yeah i know that feeling :frown: but it ended quite well so i was satisfied :h:

yeah they are made by the same people, pretty similar shows, you will enjoy them if you liked Clannad :yep:
Original post by eugenius 8
yeah i know that feeling :frown: but it ended quite well so i was satisfied :h:

yeah they are made by the same people, pretty similar shows, you will enjoy them if you liked Clannad :yep:

Excellent :colone:
Starting with Kanon it is then :smile:

Is it worth watching the first season of kanon even though plot does not differ greatly from the 06/07 season?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4246
Is it worth watching the first season of kanon even though plot does not differ greatly from the 06/07 season?

Not really. AFAIK (not seen the 2002 version) the 06 Kanon is another adaption of precisely the same material (but with better writing and animation, and more episodes).
Original post by QHF
Not really. AFAIK (not seen the 2002 version) the 06 Kanon is another adaption of precisely the same material (but with better writing and animation, and more episodes).

:ditto: The 2002 series is alright, but there's nothing there that isn't done much better in the remake. :nah:
Original post by QHF

Original post by AngryJellyfish
:ditto: The 2002 series is alright, but there's nothing there that isn't done much better in the remake. :nah:

Fair enough, maybe i'll give it a watch purely to see the changes one day.

Got to episode 9 already :biggrin: hope to finish it today or tomorrow.
I spent my weekend watching Boogiepop Phantom and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.
Two very different animes to say the least. (´ω`★)''
Original post by HayleyChuu
I spent my weekend watching Boogiepop Phantom and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.
Two very different animes to say the least. (´ω`★)''

Any good? :biggrin:
Just finished Kanon so could do with a new focus.
I would definitely recommend Boogiepop Phantom!
Its super trippy and dark, I loved it. Animation is older style though, early 00's if you can handle that. Only 12 episodes so even if you didn't like it its not that much time wasted.
As for Panty and Stocking........uh........where to start! lol
I really loved the animation style, the music was good as well, and it was pretty funny.
Its a really quick watch, well for me it was, I watched it in an evening. Be warned though lots of fanservice and swearing. Oh and bad engrish! ( ̄ー ̄)
^
Any good? :biggrin:
Just finished Kanon so could do with a new focus.

That was a response for you. c:
Reply 4253
HXH york shin arc over now:sad: oh man was it cool.:coma: Greed island next :yucky: Although it might not be so bad without the brightly coloured animation this time.:giggle:
Original post by HayleyChuu
I would definitely recommend Boogiepop Phantom!
Its super trippy and dark, I loved it. Animation is older style though, early 00's if you can handle that. Only 12 episodes so even if you didn't like it its not that much time wasted.
As for Panty and Stocking........uh........where to start! lol
I really loved the animation style, the music was good as well, and it was pretty funny.
Its a really quick watch, well for me it was, I watched it in an evening. Be warned though lots of fanservice and swearing. Oh and bad engrish! ( ̄ー ̄)

Hmmm might give them a go soon. Think i'll move onto Little Busters for now and see how that pans out :smile:
Thanks anyway :biggrin:
Am now seven episodes behind on One Piece. :zomg: I plan to stop now and wait for the current arc to finish before resuming it, though, as I've been doing since I first caught up. :yes: Fishman Island wasn't bad, but nothing can really compete with Marineford. :nah: Can't believe that was ~100 episodes ago now, it feels like less than that, but that's probably because everything else I watch is so fast paced in comparison.

Manga-wise, I recently marathoned both volumes of Record of Lodoss War: The Lady of Pharis, which was great right up to the abrupt ending... wouldn't have minded a little more closure. :s: It was good to learn more about the history of Lodoss referred to in The Grey Witch, though. :smile: Will be moving straight onto Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, though I'll likely take that a bit slower seeing as I've lost my source of income. :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4256
Right, it's been a while since I've posted on TSR, and that's mainly because I went back home to Japan to visit my family as I didn't have the opportunity to visit them over the Christmas period last year. Was nice to catch up with them and the select few friends I still keep in contact with. The next time I pay a visit will be in late July, early August for my brother's graduation. Anyhow, to bring this post on topic...

Anime wise, I decided to re-watch the entirety of Zettai Karen Children in light of the sequel that's currently running. It's pretty much as I remember it, fairly episodic but with enough plot and character development to not feel stagnant. It's sometimes good to have a refresher when watching a sequel that's airing many years after too.

Aside from that, been keeping up with my weeklies, namely Bakuman (consistently solid), Zetsuen no Tempest (easily becoming one of the best of last year), Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT (an acquired taste that's fortunately very much inline with mine), Magi (animation dropped quite considerably in the last few episodes, but with what I believe to be the final arc of the anime adaptation about to start, it can only get better as we reach the climax), Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (fantastic script, especially the speech in the latest episode), One Piece (refuses to lose its momentum, another great arc), Naruto Shippuden (getting better, but the slow pacing affects my enjoyment), Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (the characters are likeable enough, especially the pink haired girl whose name escapes me, but the situations they find themselves in are more than awkward), Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (biggest surprise of the season, and arguably one of the most enjoyable), Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (the best romance I'm following at the moment).

The ones I've put on hold for now or are not watching for various reasons are Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de (not weekly), Code:Breaker (seemed enjoyable enough, but with time permitting, it's something I'll have to get around to once I've finished a few others), Shin Sekai Yori (this looks amazing if future episodes are anything to go by, so I really need to resume this), K (I've nearly finished with this one, just need to get around to it), Gundam Age (very reluctant to continue with this, but seeing as I'm on the last stretch/generation before the end, I should make a point of marathoning it sooner than later), Psycho-pass (like Shin Sekai Yori, this looks really good, need to get back on it), Robotics;Notes (seemed somewhat interesting, but it didn't convince me enough to continue watching), Sesami-san@Ganbaranai (I'm a big fan of Shaft and Shinbo, but the first episode of this was just way too stylistic/eccentric for my tastes, akin to an art film, lacking a narrative/premise to entice me), Senran Kagura (no reason, just not as interesting as the others I'm watching), Tamako Market (the bird put me off), Vividred Operation (felt a bit too much like Gundam Age for some reason upon watching the first episode with its bright Sunrise-esque colour scheme and grandfather/daughter dynamic) and lastly, Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited (will get back to this now that I've re-watched the original series).
Anyone seen bakemonogatari? Finished it all 15 episodes today- so all of it, well last night and started Stiens;Gate, on episode 8 :smile:
bakemonogatari is quite interesting because I wanted to know more about the main girl and see her change which I did but she still was quite dangerous lol but really nice. The Visual really made me mad because it was really hard to understand all the writing at once and read subs but I managed, I somewhat did not like it but by episode 10 I was hooked as in I wanted to know more about the people, but Steins;Gate is fricking awesome.

Oh and on Fate stay night VN, I completed Fate route and I am on day 11 of the Unlimited Blade Works and it is awesome.
Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
Anyone seen bakemonogatari? Finished it all 15 episodes today- so all of it, well last night and started Stiens;Gate, on episode 8 :smile:
bakemonogatari is quite interesting because I wanted to know more about the main girl and see her change which I did but she still was quite dangerous lol but really nice. The Visual really made me mad because it was really hard to understand all the writing at once and read subs but I managed, I somewhat did not like it but by episode 10 I was hooked as in I wanted to know more about the people, but Steins;Gate is fricking awesome.

Oh and on Fate stay night VN, I completed Fate route and I am on day 11 of the Unlimited Blade Works and it is awesome.

I found Bakemonogatari kinda confusing as well.
I didn't really know what was happening most of the time.
I kinda felt like they tried to make the girl too overly mean and mysterious, which made me not like her that much.

On the up side, Steins;Gate is AMAZING! 'Tuturu'. <3
Original post by Mystogan.
Ended up watching all of Fairy Tail in 2 weeks...anime overload. :redface: But it's so damn awesome and I can't wait for the next few episodes. :^_^:

Also, the Fairy Tail movie subbed version is said to come out sometime this week :biggrin:

Sorry to burst your and my bubble but the anime is finishing on the 30th of march :frown:, manga carry's on but it is not going to be released anymore :frown:, I don't really mind because I read the manga though I am just were the anime is right now but I was so damn ad maybe though they said that they will try and get it back up later, according to hasimara ( the maker)

Latest