The Student Room Group

Is Bin Laden really dead?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack93o
10 year manhunt, costing 1000s of lives and billions of dollars, then they just chuck his body out to the sea

lol

Well for a long time he was more useful alive than dead. He stopped being useful, so they killed him.
Original post by MatureStudent36
I think the Papparazzi would have a bit of difficulty operating in Pakistan.

Don't underestimate those lunatics.
Original post by foggy-rain
most wanted man in the world. no pictures. no videos.
they can take pictures of kate middleton topless but not bin laden...

Did you want topless photos of Bin Laden then?
Reply 83
Don't know tbh
Original post by MatureStudent36
I think the Papparazzi would have a bit of difficulty operating in Pakistan.

Actually I believe they have fashion magazines and even fashion students, although presumably a lot of it is to do with black coverings.
He must be dead, otherwise he would have made a video to make a fool of the US and reveal that they are liars.

But I doubt he was killed in the dramatic fashion that they claim.
Reply 86
Original post by nulli tertius
I am sorry. I missed the US invasion of Saudi Arabia.

Lol...Mr Blair issued a D notice to prevent it being reported
Reply 87
J
Original post by Heizenburg
He must be dead, otherwise he would have made a video to make a fool of the US and reveal that they are liars.

But I doubt he was killed in the dramatic fashion that they claim.

You are right... he was found slumped in front of a DVD of "Niqab slips" dressed in ladies' undergarments
Aside from the sarcasm, those that say there isn't sufficient evidence to suggest that he is definitely dead, do have a point. Surely, since the majority of TSR strongly make their points against theists about God using the same arguement, why is it so ridiculous when spun the other way? Why make a public show of Sadam Hussein but when it comes to Bin Laden there's an announcement and thats all? Surely, if they go through the the whole process of deploying a unit in Pakistan to find him its pretty easy to take some photos and videos, or suddenly do they take pity and find the principle of taking pictures of the most hated man in the west as too immoral? Its very easy to dismiss a 'conspiracy' as just that, but when questions are unanswered do you expect people to just accept the inconsistent stories they are fed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Actually I believe they have fashion magazines and even fashion students, although presumably a lot of it is to do with black coverings.

Certainly black dresses at the Islamabad Fashion Week, but if she prays to Mecca in that outfit, it will boost attendance down at the mosque.

http://ifw.com.pk/brochure/
Reply 90
Original post by Drewski
If he isn't, then he's really being awfully kind to the US by staying completely and utterly silent.

Which isn't really his thing, is it?

He's dead. Get over it. It is not a conspiracy. We really did land on the Moon. Elvis is dead and Area51 is just a USAF test base.

sweep,sweep, nothing to see here guys.
Reply 91
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Aside from the sarcasm, those that say there isn't sufficient evidence to suggest that he is definitely dead, do have a point. Surely, since the majority of TSR strongly make their points against theists about God using the same arguement, why is it so ridiculous when spun the other way? Why make a public show of Sadam Hussein but when it comes to Bin Laden there's an announcement and thats all? Surely, if they go through the the whole process of deploying a unit in Pakistan to find him its pretty easy to take some photos and videos, or suddenly do they take pity and find the principle of taking pictures of the most hated man in the west as too immoral? Its very easy to dismiss a 'conspiracy' as just that, but when questions are unanswered do you expect people to just accept the inconsistent stories they are fed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmmm... interesting comparing USB to JC...

all i can say is that Osama has been keeping a very low profile in the last year or two
Apparently he died in December 2001. During 9/11, he was very ill with kidney failure, and was being looked after by US allies. Then the Bush administration framed a dying man, knowing that their hegemony would enforce the public myopia. Good plan to be honest.

I'm not saying that I believe this, but you have to keep an open mind. Especially when you consider the FACT that Bush & Blair are untested war criminals.
Reply 93
There is no such thing as bin laden.
America is the most powerful country in the world, if they wanted someone dead they can do it within seconds.
Apparently it took them a decade to find this guy, I say they kept him alive to blame him for things such as the 911.

It's all politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your position leads to a contradiction though, if there isn't sufficient evidence to say he's dead, then there isn't sufficient evidence that he ever existed in the first place.

Now if you believe he never existed and is a figment, then fine (totally ridiculous) but fine. However, you can't say you believe he existed because of media reports, statements from politicians, videos released etc. and then say he isn't dead because those same sources are unreliable.

There were pictures taken. But it's generally bad form to show pictures of bullet riddled bodys. Thats why we got a mortuary picture. There are some pictures out there, but I'll just assume that they're not out in the public domain. Just like there's an awful lot gun camera footage, it just doesn't get made public because some times its so graphic or it's gives away Training Tactics and Procedures, it's best not to release it.

It's like saying that unless we saw messed up photo's of Princess Di in the actual car crash it didn't happen. What about Hitler, there's no body.

You may want to track down a programme called the Conspiracy Roadshow. I especially like the one that they did about the London Tube attacks. Some people are just so mentally unbalanced they refuse to believe things.

In the olden days they'd be seen in parks shouting at trees. With the advent of the Internet they feed their fantasies on line. Still, it probably keeps them away from abusing small children.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is everyone so obsessed with conspiracies nowadays? :rolleyes:
Original post by hexagon999

Whereas they never were in the past

http://projectbritain.com/Guy.html
Original post by hexagon999

Movies? Endless hysterical drivel on Fox? Bonkers websites seeking attention? Dumb-ass authors seeking to turn a buck by writing the most ridiculous books and passing them off as reality?
What do you mean by no real evidence?

To be honest I don't really think the public knows, the government can easily keep secrets from us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending