The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4340
Does anyone here watch Psycho-pass? Just finished episode 21, it's turning out to be a great anime imo :smile:
Reply 4341
For anyone who hasn't watched the latest Sakurasou I suggest you get the tissues out beforehand. You're in for one hell of a ride.
Original post by Carecup
For anyone who hasn't watched the latest Sakurasou I suggest you get the tissues out beforehand. You're in for one hell of a ride.

it was such a wonderful episode :h: that speech :cry2:

Original post by vin
That champion road ova was so good.:coma: Much better than that film with the doctor, which was just more of the same except the antagonist was quite dull.:s:

New challenger however is bloody good.:teeth:

you mean the other way round :p: champion road was the doc one, yeah was a fairly standard match nothing special :s-smilie: i wana see more of Miyata, he so cool :colondollar:

arghfnerifbegvu really wana watch it now but gota resist for another 6 weeks as i dont wana stream it :pinch:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Carecup

Thanks for the heads up :smile: i'm steaming through them at a good rate now so should catch up in no time.
Reply 4344
Original post by eugenius 8
it was such a wonderful episode :h: that speech :cry2:

you mean the other way round :p: champion road was the doc one, yeah was a fairly standard match nothing special :s-smilie: i wana see more of Miyata, he so cool :colondollar:

arghfnerifbegvu really wana watch it now but gota resist for another 6 weeks as i dont wana stream it :pinch:

Oh yeah that's what I meant.:mmm: With the Kimura ova we havnt ever seen much of the other characters fighting their own matches. So it was a good glimpse into another characters history and motivations. And that fight really was a good match.:cry2:

Yeah wait till you can download new challenger, the animation alone is :coma:.
I need a few more animes to pick up otherwise i'll kill myself over easter :lol:

I was thinking of...
*Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next
*Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shi!tai!
*School Rumble

Any thoughts? as you guys give out some decent suggestions :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I need a few more animes to pick up otherwise i'll kill myself over easter :lol:

I was thinking of...

Well there is a Studio Ghibli season on Film4, it on from the 26th to 13th :wink: There is at least one movie a day.

Starting with Spirited Away :biggrin:
Original post by vin
Oh yeah that's what I meant.:mmm: With the Kimura ova we havnt ever seen much of the other characters fighting their own matches. So it was a good glimpse into another characters history and motivations. And that fight really was a good match.:cry2:

Yeah wait till you can download new challenger, the animation alone is :coma:.

yeah it was nice to see more of the other characters, yeah Kimura was just epic :cry2: :adore:

cant wait :coma:

I was thinking of...
*School Rumble

great choices :wink: especially School Rumble one of my all time faves :adore:

hmm how about Toradora or Kannagi?
Original post by JordanS94
Well there is a Studio Ghibli season on Film4, it on from the 26th to 13th :wink: There is at least one movie a day.

Starting with Spirited Away :biggrin:

Didn't notice this but saw an advert for it last night luckily :biggrin: shall try and watch them all I think.

great choices :wink: especially School Rumble one of my all time faves :adore:

hmm how about Toradora or Kannagi?

Thanks :tongue: excellent thats five things and a film season on tv to keep me busy.
Didn't notice this but saw an advert for it last night luckily :biggrin: shall try and watch them all I think.

Thanks :tongue: excellent thats five things and a film season on tv to keep me busy.

How do you find the time to watch so much anime? O_o

Oh yeah by the way theres a first season of boku wa tomodachi if you havent seen it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
How do you find the time to watch so much anime? O_o

Oh yeah by the way theres a first season of boku wa tomodachi if you havent seen it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't do much else unfortunately :tongue: I don't play any sports anymore so i'm not busy every weekend and I don't have any big time consuming hobbies :lol: Mix that with the limited hours of a uni course, boredom during the day and its pretty much what I do to pass the time :tongue: I'm not going to watch them all at the same time, just one by one as i've finished my other anime.

Si I just noticed :smile:
Reply 4351
Anyone know a decent place to get some of the more obscure manga volumes?
finished Sakurasou, a lovely ending :h: has been a great show, hoping for a 2nd season! :puppyeyes:

I don't do much else unfortunately :tongue: I don't play any sports anymore so i'm not busy every weekend and I don't have any big time consuming hobbies :lol: Mix that with the limited hours of a uni course, boredom during the day and its pretty much what I do to pass the time :tongue: I'm not going to watch them all at the same time, just one by one as i've finished my other anime.

Si I just noticed :smile:

ah right fair enough, think i was like that as well just before starting uni a few years ago, would just marathon through series after series, those were the days :moon:
finished Sakurasou, a lovely ending :h: has been a great show, hoping for a 2nd season! :puppyeyes:

ah right fair enough, think i was like that as well just before starting uni a few years ago, would just marathon through series after series, those were the days :moon:

Its been a lovely series to be honest :smile: i've not seen the last ep' yet but i'd welcome a second series.
Whether or not that happens is a different question :holmes:

Yup good days, i've slowed down a bit recently as i'm trying to catch up on the Studio Ghibli season i've been recording :tongue:
just watched the last ep of Boku wa tomodachi NEXT, man what a strange dramatic cliffhanger end :lolwut: there better be a 3rd season :hmmm:

Spoiler

just watched the last ep of Boku wa tomodachi NEXT, man what a strange dramatic cliffhanger end :lolwut: there better be a 3rd season :hmmm:

Spoiler

Definitely one of the weirdest finales of the season, but I really liked it!
Reply 4356

Spoiler

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Definitely one of the weirdest finales of the season, but I really liked it!

Agreed, and I'm sure a third season is on the cards. Overall, I really enjoyed watching this. The characters are likeable and the humour, whilst questionable at times, never failed to put a smile on my face every episode.
it was just so out of the blue :lolwut: yeah the characters are the best part of the show :yep: Rika has become by far my fave character <3

so i managed to download the first few ippo new challenger eps at my mates house

ep 5

Spoiler

argh so wana watch the next ep but got no more downloaded eps left, might resort to streaming :pinch:
Reply 4358
it was just so out of the blue :lolwut: yeah the characters are the best part of the show :yep: Rika has become by far my fave character <3

Yeah, she really came into her own this season, although I personally preferred her more serious/emotional side than the crazy one she exhibited earlier on. :tongue:
Reply 4359
Might as well relay my thoughts briefly on the endings of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Zetsuen no Tempest.

I think the former really stood out as one of the best romance/drama series in recent years, and I certainly didn't anticipate this upon watching the PV before it aired, so in that regard it's one of the biggest surprises too. The scripting was really solid, for the most part, and the characters were definitely likeable. That aside, if you ignored the shenanigans that occurred for comedic sake (which were amusing), the drama counterpart was brilliantly portrayed. It dealt with every day issues of success and failure that all of us have experienced in some form or another. My only gripe is that the romance took a back seat nearing the end, and in particular...

Spoiler

There's signs of a possible second season at some point down the road, so here's to hoping.

Now with the latter, you can usually expect something great from Bones, given the staff they typically employ, but occasionally they don't, so I'm glad with this offering they did. Tempest's script was simply excellent with all of its twists and turns. When you have the viewer guessing what'll happen next, but repeatedly doing something else, you know you're on to something good. The characters were likeable enough, and had the necessary complexity to compliment and carry the story. The Shakespeare references were appreciated too. Lastly, really good production as you'd expect and for once, a decent ending.

Latest