The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow School of Art Offer Holders/Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
In regards to getting emails from GSA, you get one when they receive your accommodation form, but even after firming the school I haven't had anything. I'm wondering if they will send out something when they have completely finished giving out offers, or I'm at least hoping anyway hahaha :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 81
http://www.behance.net/EugenioCappuccio this is a link to my work btw
Original post by Eugenio30
http://www.behance.net/EugenioCappuccio this is a link to my work btw

Very nice! I especially like the ones of the people playing saxophones, there so vibrant! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by opiumette
I'll try but the whole uni thing makes me so on edge! I'm just worried GSA are going to go "sorry, whoops" and take my offer away, actually.

Did anyone receive an email/anything from them? I just got a UCAS notification.

I'll recieved an unconditonal offer, but didn't get any email of them. I am also worried that they'll take my offer away, because I don't have my final exam (Abitur) or IELTS. I don't understand why I can get an unconditional offer, when I haven't finish school yet?!
Aaaahhh I am getting crazy with the uni stuff. I recieved an unconditional offer but didn't finish my school yet. Am I right in thinking, that unconditional offer means that I met all academic requirements to be accepted on the course and that when I'll confirm the offer, I'll get a place on the course. But how can this work, because I don't have my final exam or IELTS yet. Should I sent them those, when I recieve them in June??? Can they say, oh no you can't get on the course, because we don't like your results of the exam? I am so confused, because I am an international and i hope anybody can help me...:smile:))
just firmed! dun dun duuun! can i be green please? :smile:
Original post by lillysummer
Aaaahhh I am getting crazy with the uni stuff. I recieved an unconditional offer but didn't finish my school yet. Am I right in thinking, that unconditional offer means that I met all academic requirements to be accepted on the course and that when I'll confirm the offer, I'll get a place on the course. But how can this work, because I don't have my final exam or IELTS yet. Should I sent them those, when I recieve them in June??? Can they say, oh no you can't get on the course, because we don't like your results of the exam? I am so confused, because I am an international and i hope anybody can help me...:smile:))

Yes an unconditional means you already have the academic results to gain entry (have you done any other exams before?). When you firm an unconditional you are accepted onto the course regardless of any future exam results... so as far as I am aware, they have no right to change their mind if you have already firmed the unconditional. if you're in any doubt call them, I'm sure they'll be happy to help out.
I remember walking past the Glasgow School of Art on my way to a medical interview at the Wolfson building. Nice place :smile:
Reply 88

Congrats on your unconditional! What course have you applied to? I'll add you to the list!

Yes, as Jaimie said, you've been accepted on the course with the grades you currently have. The grades you might attain later this year will not have an impact on it. I am in my last year of school and I've been accepted too. So it doesn't matter what grades I get come exam time in June.

International student - lovely, where are you from? (:

Original post by twenty_winters
just firmed! dun dun duuun! can i be green please? :smile:

Greened! Hope to see you in September!
Original post by napoleons

thanks!

those who are applying to student accommodation - are you picking old school house or margaret macdonald? i genuinely cannot think which is better! :confused:
Reply 90
stupid question: if I want to firm my offer (yes, I think I took a decision :wink: ) do I first have to withdraw from the two unis of which I haven't gotten any answer yet...because somehow I can't find a 'reply'-button :colondollar:
Reply 91
Hey, I got an unconditional for first year p + p! I haven't firmed it yet but I will soon I think!

I am from Aberdeenshire, Banchory! Only seventeen!

Can't wait to meet you all! :biggrin:
Reply 92
Original post by babsiloi
stupid question: if I want to firm my offer (yes, I think I took a decision :wink: ) do I first have to withdraw from the two unis of which I haven't gotten any answer yet...because somehow I can't find a 'reply'-button :colondollar:

Not a stupid question! People ask that a lot and I don't think it's very clear on UCAS. In order to make your decisions, you need to wait until you've heard back from all of the unis you've applied to. This can also include you withdrawing your application. So, if you want to firm now, you need to withdraw all your other applications in order to do do.
Congrats on your unconditional! What course have you applied to? I'll add you to the list!

Yes, as Jaimie said, you've been accepted on the course with the grades you currently have. The grades you might attain later this year will not have an impact on it. I am in my last year of school and I've been accepted too. So it doesn't matter what grades I get come exam time in June.

International student - lovely, where are you from? (:

Aaaahhhh I am totally over the moon right now. :smile: Scotland here I come. :smile: I applied for architecture. You? I am from germany.
Reply 94
Aaaahhhh I am totally over the moon right now. :smile: Scotland here I come. :smile: I applied for architecture. You? I am from germany.

I'm a native, from Glasgow. Guten Tag to you! (:

Ahh I can't wait until September to meet everyone! It's going to be so exciting!
I'm a native, from Glasgow. Guten Tag to you! (:

Ahh I can't wait until September to meet everyone! It's going to be so exciting!

Danke, dir auch :smile: Oh yes for sure, I can't wait til September :smile:. Do you have any idea about searching for a flat or flatsharing in Glasgow? What are good quarters to stay?
Reply 96
Original post by FWRguitar
Hello, everyone. I got my offer for Fine Art Photography awhile ago--like, a month or two--but I've just kind of been latently sitting on all of my offers. I'm an international student and I also got into two of some of the best art schools here in America. As of now, I'm kind of just waiting until my deadlines come so I can flip a three sided coin or something. Which, is probably kind of stupid and a little reckless, so if anyone could help me with my decision, that would be really cool. I've read a lot about the Glasgow School of Art, but I haven't really heard anything from students or prospective students (except a nice young lady who I think is in this thread). Could someone give me a little insight into what the school's like? Or convince me to go, because it seems as if denying an offer here would be pretty wasteful.

I like seeing other people's things, so if other people could post some links, that would be really awesome. I saw some cool stuff on here already.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/petergajewski/

Congratulations on your offer to GSA, as well as the ones for the American schools! That is something of an achievement! It was obvious with your work you would get a place! :smile:

You've evidently got a really tough decision ahead. I've mentioned to you before about the facilities not being as good as I'd expected, which was a slightly off putting factor for me (and how I thought I had no chance of getting an offer), but I felt it was too huge an opportunity to miss out on. What is there is perfectly/more than adequate for the number of students, and the FAP course sounds ideal for any developing artist, plus the internationally recognised reputation of the place is always going to be a bonus. There are some really great opportunities at Glasgow for working with other students on projects, and I imagine the head of the course being who he is is going to be massively beneficial. Also Glasgow is a brilliant city for arts, culture and student living, and is only on the rise. I'm unsure what courses are like in America in comparison to GSA, but for me it was the top/most suitable one for me I had come across in the UK.

'Napoleons' on this thread seems to be one of the most knowledgeable about the school and I'm sure they would be helpful for you making a decision.

To be offered so many places is a massive privilege and displays your incredible talent, and I'm sure you would do brilliantly wherever you do decide to go. Declining an offer from Glasgow may be seen as a 'waste', but I'm sure it would be the same for the American schools. Good luck in making the decision! :smile:
Reply 97
Danke, dir auch :smile: Oh yes for sure, I can't wait til September :smile:. Do you have any idea about searching for a flat or flatsharing in Glasgow? What are good quarters to stay?

I'm afraid I don't, sorry. I'm staying at home so I haven't done much research on that field. Though I'm sure the others on this thread who are applying to student accommodation will know more, or in other threads. Ask about TSR and you'll be sure to get more accurate information. Sorry I couldn't be of much help. :/

Original post by rlhobkirk
Hey, I got an unconditional for first year p + p! I haven't firmed it yet but I will soon I think!

Hey, hello! Can't wait to meet you too - I'll be on the same course as you and I'm the same age. I'm from Glasgow though. (:
Reply 98
Not a stupid question! People ask that a lot and I don't think it's very clear on UCAS. In order to make your decisions, you need to wait until you've heard back from all of the unis you've applied to. This can also include you withdrawing your application. So, if you want to firm now, you need to withdraw all your other applications in order to do do.

thanks for your answer...I did this now, withdrawing from the other 2 unis that I hadn't had an answer from yet. (on top of it they -RGU and DJCAD - were really complicated in organisation...sending me multiple emails from various different addresses to ask for my portfolio...). the only other question that remains for me now is: as GSA is an unconditional offer for me, what do I reply? on UCAS they let me choose between 'firm' and 'insurance', but if I understood correctly it's firm anyway, no? and also: I am still waiting for an answer from a university in the netherlands...can I anyway firm GSA even if in the end I decide for the school in the Netherlands (not likely :wink: but I have to ask this...)...or is 'firming' an offer also connected with for instance a commitment to pay the coursefees? (hope my question makes sense :colondollar:)

Original post by FWRguitar
Hello, everyone. I got my offer for Fine Art Photography awhile ago--like, a month or two--but I've just kind of been latently sitting on all of my offers. I'm an international student and I also got into two of some of the best art schools here in America. As of now, I'm kind of just waiting until my deadlines come so I can flip a three sided coin or something. Which, is probably kind of stupid and a little reckless, so if anyone could help me with my decision, that would be really cool. I've read a lot about the Glasgow School of Art, but I haven't really heard anything from students or prospective students (except a nice young lady who I think is in this thread). Could someone give me a little insight into what the school's like? Or convince me to go, because it seems as if denying an offer here would be pretty wasteful.

I like seeing other people's things, so if other people could post some links, that would be really awesome. I saw some cool stuff on here already.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/petergajewski/

hello peter!!! nice meeting you here and having a 3rd person in the FAP team :smile: ...congratulations on your different offers! as I haven't been in Glasgow or to the school yet, I don't have many very convincing details to share with you, sorry...the only thing worth considering for me would be that coming to Europe would maybe be an extra challenge that could have an interesting effect on your artistic development...(if I understood correctly you are American, no?)...then again, I don't know anything about your life, so maybe that's a very vast guess...
but for me personally I feel this way...you could say that the fact of 'keeping moving' boosts my creativity :smile:

and hello lilly! (if that's your name) happy to meet another german-speaker :wink: I am from Austria (but living in France) and I guess I will also look into flatsharing...I am not so attracted to halls...I did already do some research on the housing, if you want I could send you some of the links I found (maybe in PM?)
Original post by rlhobkirk

woop! Well done, I am also only seventeen!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending