The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Glasgow Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Glasgow.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We attended the University of Glasgow Open Day yesterday and were so impressed. I had not expected the campus to be so grand and beautiful. The whole vibe was very welcoming. Before we went we weren’t sure it would be in the running but came away feeling it was a high contender. If it wasn’t for having to fund the extra year (as seems to be the case for all Scottish unis) I think it would be top choice.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
I am looking at the psychology courses and could anyone tell me what the differences are between the Bsc and the MA are?
Reply 3
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Glasgow Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Glasgow.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

got an unconditional offer today for physics with astrophysics (: has anyone else heard back yet?
I received AAABC and am applying for Mathematics AND Business (or Economics). I saw that the joint degree options required you to meet both grade requirements. However, I was very close and needed a B instead of a C for my course (grade requirements were AAABB).

I have taken three advanced Highers and a higher. Advanced maths, business and music, Higher economics.

Will I still be considered for a place since it told me that it was the minimum requirement from s5? Thanks.
Reply 5
Just received a conditional offer for computer science grades AAA with an A in maths, the site however ask for ABB or AAB minimum ( I’m predicted A*AA) and I meet contextuales, does anyone know why they may have upped my grade requirements to meet the condition by 2-3 grades?
Original post by Codior
Just received a conditional offer for computer science grades AAA with an A in maths, the site however ask for ABB or AAB minimum ( I’m predicted A*AA) and I meet contextuales, does anyone know why they may have upped my grade requirements to meet the condition by 2-3 grades?

On the website it says:

A-level Standard Entry Requirements
AAA ABB
Additional requirements: A-level Mathematics.

So i’m pretty sure the offer you’ve been given is standard since it’s in this range? I don’t really see any mention of adjusted entry requirements for english students, only Scottish. Maybe you were looking at the advanced higher requirements for Scottish students?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2

On the website it says:

A-level Standard Entry Requirements
AAA ABB
Additional requirements: A-level Mathematics.

So i’m pretty sure the offer you’ve been given is standard since it’s in this range? I don’t really see any mention of adjusted entry requirements for english students, only Scottish. Maybe you were looking at the advanced higher requirements for Scottish students?

Got you, thanks for the break down
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Hi what are the chances of an offer from Glasgow for joint hons Spanish with one other language (2024 entry) with higher results in hand of 3 As, a B and a C (A in Spanish) and sitting 3 AHs in Spanish, French and Music in S6?

Thank you
Reply 9
I received an unconditional offer for chemistry today
Original post by Finnmac06
I received an unconditional offer for chemistry today

Well done. Were you straight As at higher? (If you don’t mind me asking of course. No need to reply!!)
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
Well done. Were you straight As at higher? (If you don’t mind me asking of course. No need to reply!!)

Yeah but I only did 4 highers
Massive well done!! Gives me hope that they might offer a conditional with 3 As….
Reply 13
I got an unconditional offer for chemistry today!!
Original post by soph___
I got an unconditional offer for chemistry today!!

Brilliant. Well done. Did you have more than 3 As at higher (if you don’t mind me asking)?
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
Brilliant. Well done. Did you have more than 3 As at higher (if you don’t mind me asking)?

Thank you! I got 3 As and 2 Bs at higher.
Amazing. Well done again!! (And thanks for sharing your results 🙂 )
Reply 17
I got an offer for English Literature on 01/11/23 !!!
I'm predicted:
A* - English Lit
A* - History
A - Politics
and I've already got an A in French AS :smile:
i've applied for business management with german, and have received a conditional offer!
Original post by Olivia3245
i've applied for business management with german, and have received a conditional offer!

Are you doing Scottish curriculum or English? I find it so hard in Scottish system to work out whether a conditional might be offered. Good luck with meeting the condition and well done on the offer 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending