The Student Room Group

Glasgow Law?

Hi everyone, I’ve got an offer for Common law at Glasgow, do Law firms value Glasgow law graduates highly? Many thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dyendle12

Hi! I have an offer, and I was wondering the same thing :smile:

Replied to my own thread oops 💀💀
Replied to my own thread oops 💀💀
Love this haha!
Reply 3
Original post by AllThingsLaw1405
Love this haha!

Schizophrenia kicking in 💀
Schizophrenia kicking in 💀
Haha! Don’t worry, Glasgow is Russell Group university, you will do just fine. Did you apply for Common or Scots Law? Also, Law firms are not really worried about the school you attained your degree but what you bring to their table, so get exposure, connections and experience! Your Uni will be an added advantage.
Reply 5
Original post by AllThingsLaw1405
Haha! Don’t worry, Glasgow is Russell Group university, you will do just fine. Did you apply for Common or Scots Law? Also, Law firms are not really worried about the school you attained your degree but what you bring to their table, so get exposure, connections and experience! Your Uni will be an added advantage.

Thanks! I applied for common law, at the minute I’m picking between Glasgow and Durham and I can’t pick!!
Hi everyone, I’ve got an offer for Common law at Glasgow, do Law firms value Glasgow law graduates highly? Many thanks :smile:
If you don't mind me asking are you a international student?? And what did you get on your lnat???
Reply 7
Original post by Daisypicker17
If you don't mind me asking are you a international student?? And what did you get on your lnat???

I am a home student and I got 25 :smile:
I am a home student and I got 25 :smile:
Hi, just looking for advice. After recieving my LNAT and logging into my Pearsonvue i saw that my UCAS number was just a lot of zeros. I’ve since filled it in and had already selected Glasgow Uni. Does anyone know if that’s okay, or if there’s a way to confirm my LNAT has been received 🙃
Anyone heard from Glasgow this evening? Someone in our gc said she got an offer about an hour ago but nothing here!
Original post by MollieMcKezie
Anyone heard from Glasgow this evening? Someone in our gc said she got an offer about an hour ago but nothing here!
No ive heard nothing. :frown: Do you know what her stats were?? Also was it common law or Scots law??
(edited 1 month ago)
No ive heard nothing. :frown: Do you know what her stats were?? Also was it common law or Scots law??
I don't really know her very well tbh, ykw it's like with biggish year group chats. Tempted to DM her but don't want to look desperate 🤣 I know she did the reach programme and know she got 26 on the LNAT but not sure on the rest. And I'm sure Scots law was mentioned before.

ETA. There were a few Glasgow offers in the gc tonight, mainly media related and I don't know why but have a feeling we may hear tomorrow. My offers always seem to be on a Friday but that could be wishful thinking 🤣 I know the offer holders day is on the 26th tho and think they'll let us know before then with some time to plan day off etc (hopefully!)
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by MollieMcKezie
I don't really know her very well tbh, ykw it's like with biggish year group chats. Tempted to DM her but don't want to look desperate 🤣 I know she did the reach programme and know she got 26 on the LNAT but not sure on the rest. And I'm sure Scots law was mentioned before.
ETA. There were a few Glasgow offers in the gc tonight, mainly media related and I don't know why but have a feeling we may hear tomorrow. My offers always seem to be on a Friday but that could be wishful thinking 🤣 I know the offer holders day is on the 26th tho and think they'll let us know before then with some time to plan day off etc (hopefully!)
Ahh ok well I hope they send it soon cause I really want to go to the offer holder day cause I wasn't able to go to the open day last year.
Reply 13
HEYYY guys help pls. I just got an offer for common law but its says"plus LNAT score that meets acceptable minimum score threshold." I got a 22. does that mean I have an offer or not ?? help
Original post by spam44
HEYYY guys help pls. I just got an offer for common law but its says"plus LNAT score that meets acceptable minimum score threshold." I got a 22. does that mean I have an offer or not ?? help
Great job!! I think that's lnat condition thing is for when they set a minimum score for acceptance later on but it looks good for you right now :smile:. Just a quick few questions though cause I also applied for common law: when did you send in your application, what are your predicteds and are you an international, UK or Scottish student??
Reply 15
Great job!! I think that's lnat condition thing is for when they set a minimum score for acceptance later on but it looks good for you right now :smile:. Just a quick few questions though cause I also applied for common law: when did you send in your application, what are your predicteds and are you an international, UK or Scottish student??

heyyy thanks so much hopefully everything is good it d be cruel if they were to send out offers and take them away later on. Im a home student from England I got a 22 on my LNAT and I applied with 3 As ( one that I already have)
Reply 16
Oh and I forgot to say I applied in OCTOBER!!
Original post by spam44
heyyy thanks so much hopefully everything is good it d be cruel if they were to send out offers and take them away later on. Im a home student from England I got a 22 on my LNAT and I applied with 3 As ( one that I already have)

I think you might be fine as I haven't heard anyone in the last year say they didn't meet their offer because of it and I don't think they would give you an offer if they were just gonna reject you due to lnat unless they got too many people accepting the offer or somthing. I was just inferring from the wording what that meant but I'm just specuating 😅.
Reply 18
I think you might be fine as I haven't heard anyone in the last year say they didn't meet their offer because of it and I don't think they would give you an offer if they were just gonna reject you due to lnat unless they got too many people accepting the offer or somthing. I was just inferring from the wording what that meant but I'm just specuating 😅.

haha yes thank you , im just really worried hahah I just firmed it anyways. Hope that you hear from them soon x
Hey! I just got a conditional from Glasgow for one B at Adv Higher. I’m a non contextual home student :smile:. Best of luck to you all!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending