The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University Of Aberdeen Freshers 2013-14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by fletchdd02
I cannot wait! We're staying at the Ionis Art hotel :smile: Ah cool, I'd love to work somewhere like that!

Yeah that's fine then, patient confidentiality and all that :P

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time! Definitely a holiday to remember anyway haha.
Original post by bananaboat
Hi!
I hope to be studying Economics this year at Aberdeen and I thought I'd show up on this thread !:tongue:

Hey! Do you have any offers yet or are you still waiting? I'll be studying Accountancy and Finance at Aberdeen but there are a few economics modules so we'd maybe see each other around :smile:.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 21
i also still waiting the offer from UA, hopefully get that offer
Reply 22
Hey! Do you have any offers yet or are you still waiting? I'll be studying Accountancy and Finance at Aberdeen but there are a few economics modules so we'd maybe see each other around

Hey! I have a conditional (BBB-eek!) Maybe we will! That would be nice :biggrin:

Hey! I'm going to do English and Scottish literature. I think we'd come under the same school: humanities and social sciences :smile:

Ahh, awesome! Scottish literature sounds really interesting! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Hey! I have a conditional (BBB-eek!) Maybe we will! That would be nice :biggrin:

Ahh, awesome! Scottish literature sounds really interesting! :biggrin:

Aw well done on your conditional, perhaps I'll see you around then! Yeah I thought so too - I can't wait to start :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Panda124
Aw well done on your conditional, perhaps I'll see you around then! Yeah I thought so too - I can't wait to start :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin: Congrats to you too!

That would be nice, I'm really nervous about meeting all the new people and stuff, haha!
Reply 25
Thank you! :biggrin: Congrats to you too!

That would be nice, I'm really nervous about meeting all the new people and stuff, haha!

Aw thanks! :biggrin:

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I guess it's something everyone feels some degree of nervousness about, but therell be people of all types to suit everybody, so I wouldn't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
So excited to come here! I'm from somerset in England right in the south west! A long way away but the best uni I've visited!! New Carnegie anyone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by olivia0506
So excited to come here! I'm from somerset in England right in the south west! A long way away but the best uni I've visited!! New Carnegie anyone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, that is a while away! What are you studying?
Reply 28
Original post by angelooo
Oh wow, that is a while away! What are you studying?

Yeah I know! Human embryology and developmental biology! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Wooooooooo, conditional offer for Medicine :smile:
Unconditional :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by olivia0506
Yeah I know! Human embryology and developmental biology! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'll be studying biomedical science so in the medical science department too! Maybe we'll be in some of the same classes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by AmandaB8
Hey! I'll be studying biomedical science so in the medical science department too! Maybe we'll be in some of the same classes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm Neuroscience so I'll be there too!
Though I think Neuroscience is kinda the reject of the medical sciences (we don't do cadavers, only brains).
Reply 33
Original post by WhimsyMelody
I'm Neuroscience so I'll be there too!
Though I think Neuroscience is kinda the reject of the medical sciences (we don't do cadavers, only brains).

That's still pretty cool :smile: Neuroscience is still really interesting - well the stuff I've done in school anyway :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by AmandaB8
That's still pretty cool :smile: Neuroscience is still really interesting - well the stuff I've done in school anyway :P

I always liked psychology, but decided that the social side of things wasn't doing it for me; so that automatically sent me to Neuroscience.
Recently though, I've started to become a bit of a chemist, so I might see if I can switch programmes in the first year if I'm really only liking my chemistry courses.
Reply 35
Original post by WhimsyMelody
I always liked psychology, but decided that the social side of things wasn't doing it for me; so that automatically sent me to Neuroscience.
Recently though, I've started to become a bit of a chemist, so I might see if I can switch programmes in the first year if I'm really only liking my chemistry courses.

Yeah I know what you mean - I prefer the sciency bit of it too. And I guess that's a good idea, but that's what Aberdeen is good for, the whole changing subjects because they are really flexible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else doing French and Spanish?

Got my unconditional yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 37
I'm an international student and got 3 unconditional offers- Finance&French, Finance&English and English&French. I think I'll choose the first one, anyone from this course here? :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by JasmaineVaughan
Anyone else doing French and Spanish?

Got my unconditional yesterday :biggrin:

I also got an unconditional to Aberdeen for the same course, trying to decide between there and St Andrews! where else did you apply? :smile:
Reply 39
Is there an Aberdeen Freshers Facebook group?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending