The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eugenius 8
it was just so out of the blue :lolwut: yeah the characters are the best part of the show :yep: Rika has become by far my fave character <3

Yukimura remained my favorite, to the extent that I picked up this figurine at the expo in Telford last month. :p:

Original post by Aiko
Now with [Zetsuen no Tempest], you can usually expect something great from Bones, given the staff they typically employ, but occasionally they don't, so I'm glad with this offering they did. Tempest's script was simply excellent with all of its twists and turns. When you have the viewer guessing what'll happen next, but repeatedly doing something else, you know you're on to something good. The characters were likeable enough, and had the necessary complexity to compliment and carry the story. The Shakespeare references were appreciated too. Lastly, really good production as you'd expect and for once, a decent ending.

Overall, I was also satisfied with Zetsuen no Tempest, though for me the second half never really reached the same level of excitement that the battle of wits at the end of the first arc did. :sigh: Last season it was undeniably the best anime series I was watching, but this season I'd have to give that title to either Psycho-Pass or Shin Sekai Yori (both of which also ended well, in my opinion - if nothing else this has been a good season for endings!)
Reply 4361
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Overall, I was also satisfied with Zetsuen no Tempest, though for me the second half never really reached the same level of excitement that the battle of wits at the end of the first arc did. :sigh: Last season it was undeniably the best anime series I was watching, but this season I'd have to give that title to either Psycho-Pass or Shin Sekai Yori (both of which also ended well, in my opinion - if nothing else this has been a good season for endings!)

Yeah, the first half was definitely better. Still need to resume the other two. :redface:
Original post by Aiko

Spoiler

There's signs of a possible second season at some point down the road, so here's to hoping.

Spoiler

Original post by Aiko
Yeah, she really came into her own this season, although I personally preferred her more serious/emotional side than the crazy one she exhibited earlier on. :tongue:

:five: i like both :yep:

Yukimura remained my favorite, to the extent that I picked up this figurine at the expo in Telford last month. :p:

oh AJ :p: :perv: my liking for Yukimura has also gone up this season :yep: Yozora on the other hand :unimpressed: cant stand her now :p:

ah ive added Psycho Pass to my list recently as ive heard really good things about it :excited: hmmm Shinsekai yori looks interesting as well :beard:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4364

Spoiler

I absolutely love Nanami.

Spoiler

Reply 4365
oh AJ :p: :perv: my liking for Yukimura has also gone up this season :yep: Yozora on the other hand :unimpressed: cant stand her now :p:

ah ive added Psycho Pass to my list recently as ive heard really good things about it :excited: hmmm Shinsekai yori looks interesting as well :beard:

I like all of the characters in the Neighbour's Club. They all have their own individual qualities. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko

Spoiler

:five:

Spoiler

Original post by Aiko
I like all of the characters in the Neighbour's Club. They all have their own individual qualities. :tongue:

yeah its what makes the show so good :yep:
(edited 11 years ago)
finished Kotoura-san, pretty good series and a nice ending but a bit disappointed since that epic dramatic first ep, it lost its edge when it came to the drama parts later into the show but the comedy defo didnt disappoint, some of the funniest stuff ive seen for a while :biggrin:

Spoiler

I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for the final episode of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai to get subbed - I don't even like the show, but I can't post my weekly rankings on my blog until I've watched it. :p: And as usually happens when I'm waiting for something in particular, I don't feel like watching any other anime episodes in the meantime. :o:

Doesn't apply to manga though, so I've spent most of this morning in bed (escaping the cold), while reading Moyoco Anno's Sakuran. Very impressed so far, and I'm loving the colour pages at the beginning of each chapter. :yes:

[EDIT] Damned trollsubs, getting my hopes up. :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Finished Sakuran, and have moved on to the first volume of Karakuri Odette, another book I bought from my sister. It is VERY similar to another series I'm collecting, Dr. Slump (both are comedy series featuring robot girls/gynoids as the main character), but I'm enjoying the shoujo take on the premise. Plenty of drama and character development in just the first chapter. :yes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Ippo New Challenger 8

Spoiler

Original post by Aiko

Spoiler

Noooooo can't believe its finally finished :frown:

Spoiler

Can't wait for the inevitable second season now though :biggrin:
Reply 4372
If nothing else this has been a good season for endings!)

Worst ending would have to go to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. Too much was crammed in, but nothing resolved. It's a shame as the anime overall was pretty good. I particularly liked the political and economical dialogue throughout.

Spoiler

Here's to hoping. :five:

finished Kotoura-san, pretty good series and a nice ending but a bit disappointed since that epic dramatic first ep, it lost its edge when it came to the drama parts later into the show but the comedy defo didnt disappoint, some of the funniest stuff ive seen for a while :biggrin:

Spoiler

I saw the first episode of this. Dramatic, indeed. However, I could tell from the preview that the anime would probably focus more on the comedy, and given how many I was watching at the time, I didn't continue with it. One day, I guess. :redface:

I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for the final episode of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai to get subbed - I don't even like the show, but I can't post my weekly rankings on my blog until I've watched it. :p: And as usually happens when I'm waiting for something in particular, I don't feel like watching any other anime episodes in the meantime. :o:

Another one where I gave the first episode ago, but chose not to continue weekly. I liked the animation, which was bordering on 4C territory, but the story seemed way too left field for my liking, even as a Shaft and Shinbo fan. Worth watching, though?

Ippo New Challenger 8

Spoiler

New Challenger was great. Looking forward to a season 3. :yes:

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Noooooo can't believe its finally finished :frown:

Spoiler

Can't wait for the inevitable second season now though :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
Worst ending would have to go to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. Too much was crammed in, but nothing resolved. It's a shame as the anime overall was pretty good. I particularly liked the political and economical dialogue throughout.

[Sasami-san was] Another one where I gave the first episode ago, but chose not to continue weekly. I liked the animation, which was bordering on 4C territory, but the story seemed way too left field for my liking, even as a Shaft and Shinbo fan. Worth watching, though?

I agree with you on Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, though for me the pacing was pretty bad throughout, the ending just made it worse. :p: It had its moments, but it was no Spice & Wolf. :no:

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai is probably worse, the plot and pacing are all over the place. I'd say the animation is all it really has going for it. :sigh:

*is still impatiently waiting for the final episode, though*
The only thing this season had going for was the Chihayafuru sequel. THERE I SAID IT!

Seriously though, I normally complain about new seasons then have a few surprise me but here I dropped every single show I was watching, I might come back to them but it's unlikely.
Reply 4375
Original post by The Cornerstone
The only thing this season had going for was the Chihayafuru sequel. THERE I SAID IT!

Seriously though, I normally complain about new seasons then have a few surprise me but here I dropped every single show I was watching, I might come back to them but it's unlikely.

Aww c'mon. This season had DokiDoki Precure and Inferrrrno Cop.

Meh, I was satisfied with this winter's offerings. Aside from Chihayafuru and Haganai, Minami-ke Tadaima made for brilliant viewing, and Cuticle Tantei Inaba had its moments too. :yes:

Reply 4377
I agree with you on Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, though for me the pacing was pretty bad throughout, the ending just made it worse. :p: It had its moments, but it was no Spice & Wolf. :no:

Yeah, it's no Spice & Wolf, I agree. I'm still not entirely sure what Onna Mahoutsukai was doing in the last episode, or for that matter, her purpose at all. She was pretty amusing, though. :tongue:

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai is probably worse, the plot and pacing are all over the place. I'd say the animation is all it really has going for it. :sigh:

*is still impatiently waiting for the final episode, though*

Not encouraging, but I suppose I'll get around to it at some point...
Reply 4378

Curiously, what did you pick up? Whilst it was by no means the best season we've had, I found everything I picked up watchable, certainly those that carried over from the previous season.
i second AJ about Minami-ke Tadaima :five: another good season, though the last 3 eps werent as good as the start it was still a fun watch, it has rekindled my love for slice of life shows :yep:

really cant believe the seiyuu for Kana also does Yozora :eek: :lolwut:

beautiful ep of space bros :h:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest