The Student Room Group

Philpotts found guilty over fire deaths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LonelyAndEmpty
I watched both the Channel 5 and ITV1. Me and my mother were so stunned by how heartless he is.

I think he has sociopathic/pyschopathic tendencies.

That could only explain his lack of remorse and the bizarre control he had over his wife/girlfriend. I really couldn't imagine how distraught I would be if I had lost all my children.

A normal person would have handed themselves in.
It's disgusting how the Daily Mail are focusing on the fact he was on benefits and "bred" his children like his kids are animals, they are completely innocent and it's awful that they chose to focus on welfare payments instead of the tragedy of these poor children's deaths. I hope they get a long sentence for what they did.
Reply 22
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=442656

Interesting debate about his life style on this thread. Including a prize quote of him being "a good parent".
Original post by DorianGrayism

That could only explain his lack of remorse and the bizarre control he had over his wife/girlfriend. I really couldn't imagine how distraught I would be if I had lost all my children.

Yeah, yeah. I sure agree.
I hope there is no more people like him!
Reply 24
Yeah, yeah. I sure agree.

Psychopaths are estimated to be 1-2% of the population. Suffice to say the majority are meant to be top CEOs and such.
He deserves death.
To think we have people like that in our society... :-( What scum.
Reply 27

Would like to think so but I wouldn't be sure...
Reply 28
I'm from Derby and what these parents have done really doesn't reflect our city well. It sickens me to know that this happened in an area not to far from me. If they get let off ealry on 'good behaviour' I would be disgusted. I personally beleive the life sentence is deserved. The programme last night really damaged our cities morale and other football teams fans have even direct chants towards us during matches about this event. I say we remember the children, and think about what they could have been grown up to be. But can we please forget about the killers, they leave a dark cloud over derby at the minute and tbh they dont even deserve a second of out time
Serious cringe and PMSL at all the PC fags whinging about the Daily Mail article that is merely telling it like it is.
The poor children. :frown:

What a crap excuse for a father (can he even be called that?) he is.
Reply 31
Only found guilty of manslaughter. Disgusting. I am totally in shock that as a society we let someone like this behave like this unchecked for so long.

I keep saying it, but we need the Death Penalty back. Every time the people like Philpott gets of lightly with stabbing someone 17 times, and then go on to MURDER 6 children the case for capital punishment grows stronger.
Reply 32
Original post by robocop1andahalf
Serious cringe and PMSL at all the PC fags whinging about the Daily Mail article that is merely telling it like it is.

My thoughts exactly.

The mail is doing a good job today highlighting everything that is wrong with benefits britain and our soft justice system today.
Reply 33
Original post by DorianGrayism

He's been diagnosed recently as a full blown psychopath. Watch the documentary on him and the Jeremy Kyle show and you'll see. He's controlling, manipulative, prone to anger, can be charming if wants to be, no remorse. etc.
R.I.P. all those kids. This is really sad.
Reply 35
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
It's disgusting how the Daily Mail are focusing on the fact he was on benefits and "bred" his children like his kids are animals, they are completely innocent and it's awful that they chose to focus on welfare payments instead of the tragedy of these poor children's deaths. I hope they get a long sentence for what they did.

Don't you think it's part of a newspaper's job remit to look at the underlying forces motivating (as the DM sees it) these actions?
Original post by robocop1andahalf

Nothing about being PC about it, just stating how crappy their journalism is and always has been. It's hardly telling it how it is, they're just using this story to push their own anti-working class agenda (not that this scumbag ever worked an honest day in his life). If you can't see that you need to learn to look at things more deeply than face-value.
Reply 37
He'll be done in by travellers in prison
Ohh, this one.

I'm going to hell because of this family. Because of this article in 2006 where he's trying to get a larger house. Read the last line.
Reply 39
Original post by lightburns
Ohh, this one.

I'm going to hell because of this family. Because of this article in 2006 where he's trying to get a larger house. Read the last line.

YES

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending