The Student Room Group

RVC Gateway offers and reviews!

I have received an offer from the Royal Veterinary College for the Gateway course. Has anyone else received an offer? Also what do past students think of the Gateway year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlotteNorman
I have received an offer from the Royal Veterinary College for the Gateway course. Has anyone else received an offer? Also what do past students think of the Gateway year?

Congrats for getting the offer!! I have also received an offer for the gateway course :biggrin: So what have you put down as your firm and insurance? :smile:
Oh great! I haven't heard back from Bristol yet so I cant respond to anything yet unfortunately! I think London is going to be my firm! I have researched it a lot and it seems you get a lot of support and its a good course!! What about you? Are you looking into accommodation?
Both of my firm and insurance are at the RVC lol :P I love it that much haha :smile: I've accepted the gateway as my firm, and the biovet science as my insurance. I haven't actually sorted out accommodation yet, which is quite bad as I live just outside London and I'll the last choice for accommodation, but I really want to move there as I don't really want to commute every day :/ Have you looked into accommodation yet? Like what hall etc... ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh right so I will probably be seeing you next year then! I live in Cumbria so I am ages away :frown: Going to be a big shock for me! I have looked into loads, price varies from £6500 (College grove) to £12,000 a year, there is about 6/7 I would consider being close enough, some from outside companies but really nice accommodation, but I think I will probably end up going with Mary Bracker as there will be lots of vet student there so we can help each other if we are struggling and it has a lounge and I like the fact its a 20 min walk from the RVC, it will make sure I am refreshed and awake for lectures!
Reply 5
i've put gateway at rvc as my firm :biggrin: student finance all sorted now :smile: can't wait for RVC to send out accommodation packs, i really like the look of college grove for some reason but i only live in herts so don't think i'll be given preference :P
Cumbria? :s-smilie: Haven't heard of it before lol. Where is it? Sounds far to be fair. And yep! I guess I'll see you next year, and we may even be living in the place :smile: I really like the fact that it's in walking distance, it's not the cheapest but London isn't cheap anyhow :/ I really hope that the prices won't go up!
Original post by TangoD
i've put gateway at rvc as my firm :biggrin: student finance all sorted now :smile: can't wait for RVC to send out accommodation packs, i really like the look of college grove for some reason but i only live in herts so don't think i'll be given preference :P

Oh great!! I really want to sort my student finance out but I have to wait for my last reply! When do the RVC send out info? Is it just when you confirm your offer or when everyone has? I so like college grove but think I prefer Mary Brancker! :smile:
Original post by paulpaulpauln
Cumbria? :s-smilie: Haven't heard of it before lol. Where is it? Sounds far to be fair. And yep! I guess I'll see you next year, and we may even be living in the place :smile: I really like the fact that it's in walking distance, it's not the cheapest but London isn't cheap anyhow :/ I really hope that the prices won't go up!
Cumbria is basically The Lake district, near Scotland! Yes I was expecting London to be expensive, its such a massive difference to everywhere else though! My accommodation at college up here is £3200 including 2 meals a day!
Reply 9
Original post by CharlotteNorman
Oh great!! I really want to sort my student finance out but I have to wait for my last reply! When do the RVC send out info? Is it just when you confirm your offer or when everyone has? I so like college grove but think I prefer Mary Brancker! :smile:

apparently the admissions office send packs out in late spring that include application forms for all the accommodation then if you are successful in gaining a room, you get a confirmation letter sometime during July. :smile: but i think it is once they've got everyones replies :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TangoD
apparently the admissions office send packs out in late spring that include application forms for all the accommodation then if you are successful in gaining a room, you get a confirmation letter sometime during July. :smile: but i think it is once they've got everyones replies :smile:

Do we have to wait for the accommodation packs to then be able to apply for accommodation? Also, before applying, would we have to complete student finance first? I barely know anything about this whole thing :s-smilie: haha :P
Reply 11
Do we have to wait for the accommodation packs to then be able to apply for accommodation? Also, before applying, would we have to complete student finance first? I barely know anything about this whole thing :s-smilie: haha :P

well student finance has the deadline for 31st of may and i was one of the last people at my school to get mine sorted and from what i gather, yeah we have to wait for the application forms in the pack and then we fill them out and when our results come out in august our applications are then processed and tenancy docs forwarded. hope this helps, there's so much to think about :s on top of getting grades lol :P
Original post by TangoD
well student finance has the deadline for 31st of may and i was one of the last people at my school to get mine sorted and from what i gather, yeah we have to wait for the application forms in the pack and then we fill them out and when our results come out in august our applications are then processed and tenancy docs forwarded. hope this helps, there's so much to think about :s on top of getting grades lol :P

Ahhh thank you soo much for explaining it!! :smile: Do you know when we are supposed to get the packs? When is late spring? :s-smilie: lol haha :smile: sorry asking so many questions lol XD
Reply 13
Ahhh thank you soo much for explaining it!! :smile: Do you know when we are supposed to get the packs? When is late spring? :s-smilie: lol haha :smile: sorry asking so many questions lol XD

no problem and yeh late spring is all the rvc website says lol wish it was more specific!! spring started march 20th and finishes june 20th, so anytime near then?? :P
Original post by TangoD
no problem and yeh late spring is all the rvc website says lol wish it was more specific!! spring started march 20th and finishes june 20th, so anytime near then?? :P

Oh ok :smile: Well thanks for everything lol, I can stop stressing now haha :smile: See you in September!! :biggrin:
Original post by TangoD

A good reason is that you can roll out of bed 5 minutes before lecture, and you still won't be the last one! :P

It also helps when you have Animal Husbandry duties at 8:00 in the morning.... :biggrin:
Reply 16
random q, you know how gateway year receives a fee waiver of £3000, does that mean we still apply for £9000 tuition fee, i'm so confused :s
Reply 17
Original post by TangoD
random q, you know how gateway year receives a fee waiver of £3000, does that mean we still apply for £9000 tuition fee, i'm so confused :s

bit of a late comer to the conversation but, yay for everyone going to the RVC in september!

also, have any of you worked out what to put for this on student finance?
Thanks!!
I think on the RVC website it says apply for the £ 9000 loan and then they will sortbout with student finance the rest! Hope that helps! I have applied for the full £9000 loan!
Reply 19
Aw that's great thank you. Just wondering as well why did you put for term dates? Sorry for meithering but I feel bad ringing them again ha

Are you excited about going? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending