The Student Room Group
College motto
Royal Veterinary College
London

Official Royal Veterinary College 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Royal Veterinary College for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Royal Veterinary College for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hey everyone!

I applied for veterinary medicine, and I'm doing biology, chemistry, mathematics, and an EPQ. Predicted A*AAA*, and I have 230 hours of work experience :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
College motto
Royal Veterinary College
London
Hello!

Unfortunately, I didn't get the grades for the Veterinary Medicine course so I applied for the Bioveterinary Sciences course.
I'm currently studying Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics with predicted AAB.

I'm excited to meet you all when (:wink:) we get in!
Hi everyone! I applied for veterinary medicine. I'm studying biology and physics-chemistry in the french school system. All of this waiting is so utterly stressful... I keep reloading my email!!
Reply 4
Original post by denizinthedepths
Hi everyone! I applied for veterinary medicine. I'm studying biology and physics-chemistry in the french school system. All of this waiting is so utterly stressful... I keep reloading my email!!

Are you doing the International option?
Hello! I am from South Korea, and I applied to the veterinary medicine course with APs and SATs.
Hello!

Ive applied for both the D100 and D190 Vetmed & Gateway courses;

I'm studying Chem, Bio and History A levels,
predicted grades of AAA despite only attaining BCC last year in AS due to extenuating circumstances :redface:

In terms of work experience I had 238.5 hrs as of the D100 deadline, and will have 246.5 hrs by the time I send my D190 form next week :wink:

I hope I have enough for the D100; though id be happy with entry into either course!

Good luck everyone, I hope to meet some of you next semester! :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Euapp
Are you doing the International option?

Nope! Regular old french bac :smile:
Hello guys !

I go to an international school in South Korea, and I applied for Veterinary Medicine at RVC. I do IB, and my HLs are Biology, Chemistry, and English.

Good luck to all:smile: I hope I will get to see all of you guys in 2023 !!
Reply 9
You got interview invitation?
Reply 10
When can we expect an interview invite for international applicants?
https://stories.rvc.ac.uk/your-application-is-in-what-happens-next/index.html
^ it says they will send out invitations sometime between 11/16 - 12/5 !
Original post by hywv
When can we expect an interview invite for international applicants?
I have received an invitation to interview on Thursday 8th December. Does anyone know any good RVC MMI prep resources? 😃
I still haven't heard anything from RVC... anyone else still waiting for their email?
Original post by ychaeeeeey
I still haven't heard anything from RVC... anyone else still waiting for their email?

Yes :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by lizreeves
Yes :frown:

Have you had other interviews/ offers?
Original post by Euapp
Have you had other interviews/ offers?

It's not actually me but my Son. Not this year no, rejected Nottingham and Surrey on the SAQs, think he was too soft. Bristol on hold
Reply 17
Original post by lizreeves
It's not actually me but my Son. Not this year no, rejected Nottingham and Surrey on the SAQs, think he was too soft. Bristol on hold

Had he read the day one competences document ( It was about 60 pages long but I think they provide a more succinct copy now) ?All the ethical issues on which the questions are based are addressed in the document. As for Bristol they are known for taking their time although they have been a bit quicker this year than in the past two or three. Most offers are normally given at the end of December/ beginning of January, although they do continue to trickle out until the April deadline. So try not to panic, and if it doesn’t work out this time he won’t be alone if he decides to reapply next year.
Original post by Euapp
Had he read the day one competences document ( It was about 60 pages long but I think they provide a more succinct copy now) ?All the ethical issues on which the questions are based are addressed in the document. As for Bristol they are known for taking their time although they have been a bit quicker this year than in the past two or three. Most offers are normally given at the end of December/ beginning of January, although they do continue to trickle out until the April deadline. So try not to panic, and if it doesn’t work out this time he won’t be alone if he decides to reapply next year.

Ok, thank you so much for your help and kind words. Fingers still crossed for Bristol. I'll get him to look at the day one competences document asap. He has worked so hard, did great in his A levels and has over 320 hours in work experience now along with working at a vet's currently. Not sure what else he can do but hopefully the document can shed some light onto the answers they are looking for in the SAQs. I know he won't give up and he can carry on getting loads more experience :smile:
How have you done?
just got an interview invitation !!! I am sooooo happy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending