The Student Room Group

Edexcel 1MA0 GCSE Linear Higher and Foundation March 2013 Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by things4life
I got an A also, I wasn't very convinced when I saw how high the boundary was, I was led to believe that the boundaries for an A would be much lower, somewhere between 124 -128, also many people in my school found the paper hard and apparently other people found it hard too, I predicted I'd get about 147 marks , I got exactly that, so actually I got the A by a fair amount, anyways how many marks did you get ?

People from my school missed out on grade boundaries by a mark or two.

Yea same I thought the grade boundaries are going to be low to get an A. But, I thought there's not chance of me getting an 'A', as I predicted that I could only get between 120-130, but I was wrong I got 141 but, to be honest I really don't care about the marks I just wanted an A which I've got!
what does everything think aboy the June 2013 exam? will be hard/easy what will come up ?etc
Reply 122
Original post by Captain Anonymous
what does everything think aboy the June 2013 exam? will be hard/easy what will come up ?etc

I think it's going to be hard, but the grade boundaries are definitely going to be low :L
oh okay, strangely enough i think the exact opposite, it'll be easy but, the boundaries will be high :L
Reply 124
oh okay, strangely enough i think the exact opposite, it'll be easy but, the boundaries will be high :L

because for the March exam there were really high and majority of people I know found the exam paper easy/okay, but not hard that's why the boundaries were high, but watch the edexcel wont make the June exam easy or the boundaries low.
Reply 125
Original post by Rabiia
I think it's going to be hard, but the grade boundaries are definitely going to be low :L

They wont be low, micheal Gove (education minister) said that GCSE's are "To easy", and boundaries have been raised by 9%. This also explains why science boundaries were also so damn high
Reply 126
Original post by lolface32
They wont be low, micheal Gove (education minister) said that GCSE's are "To easy", and boundaries have been raised by 9%. This also explains why science boundaries were also so damn high

Maybe you never know!
Reply 127
Original post by Rabiia
Maybe you never know!

I'm more than sure the boundaries will be similar, even if the paper will be harder:redface:
Reply 128
Ah..then good luck to those taking the exam in June...Many people regret not taking it in March as no one hardly failed
Hopefully it goes back to 124 A and 162 A*
Reply 130
Original post by rakib567
cmon... dont give up... you name is "MOTIVATED"¬!!!!!

I GOT AN A*!! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW. It doesn't feel real! How do you get to see the raw marks? Does the school have to request them? I think I'm dropping maths now as I don't think I'll be able to leap to A-level, it's took me four tries!
Reply 131
Original post by pathosL
if you did the november paper you would understand; the nov calculator paper was by far the hardest exam I've ever done in my life, so low grade boundaries were expected and they were very low. the march non-cal was very easy and the calc was quite easy - way easier than the november. because the november was so hard, everyone revised more because they were scared the march would be as hard as the nov, but it was way easier. So, easier exam and more revision = higher marks = higher grade boundaries :smile:

Oh I didn't know that the november paper was so awful. I done the AQA in November and that was very nasty for me, more so because I didn't revise much for that one though. I must admit the March edexcel exam was the most confident I've felt for a maths exam and I got an A* weee :smile:

Hi..
i honestly think it's gonna be much harder than the march one. Because I remember the first 1Ma0 exam was in June 2012 I didn't do that exam but we did it as a past paper and to be fair it wasn't that hard at all!! Then I did the November 2012 exam and it was really hard. So I think it'll be harder, plus if they do 2 easy exams in a row that just shows that the exams are getting easier...that's what I think anyways...
June exams tend to be really easy in maths especially in comparison to march

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by motivated
i got an a*!! I have no idea how. It doesn't feel real! How do you get to see the raw marks? Does the school have to request them? I think i'm dropping maths now as i don't think i'll be able to leap to a-level, it's took me four tries!

omg i got a* tooo!!!! I don't have to do maths anymore so i am revising for all of the other subjects!!! I chiilinggg....:e
Reply 135
How are you all finding the GCSE course with Edexcel? Also what books did you buy and recommend?
Original post by Luxray
How are you all finding the GCSE course with Edexcel? Also what books did you buy and recommend?

I got my B in the march exam and I'm going to aim for the A/A* in June and to revise I just used a maths watch CD the school supplied which explains every topic on the syllabus.
Original post by meeeeee7
How do you find out your mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i realise im a bit late but my head of maths told me
168 marks for A* is high
Does anyone know how to get these papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending