The Student Room Group

idk what to do

im good at all other subjects at gcse, grade 5 and above but maths I'm struggling, i was in higher predicted good marks but they moved me to foundation and it set me back ages because its easier to get a pass in higher than foundation and the grade boundaries are higher than i expected and i do well in the exams but i just cant get a 4 I am literally on the borderline for a 4 but the grade boundaries don't let me what do i do?
Original post by jackspeakbest
im good at all other subjects at gcse, grade 5 and above but maths I'm struggling, i was in higher predicted good marks but they moved me to foundation and it set me back ages because its easier to get a pass in higher than foundation and the grade boundaries are higher than i expected and i do well in the exams but i just cant get a 4 I am literally on the borderline for a 4 but the grade boundaries don't let me what do i do?

The grade boundaries in foundation tier are higher because the questions are easier - the two are supposed to directly compensate for each other. It should be no easier / harder to get a grade 5 in foundation tier than it is in higher tier. The tiers are designed that way.

You say that "i was in higher predicted good marks", We're you actually getting good marks in higher tier, in mock exams or past papers?
yes i was i was getting good marks for the class i was in, i know the boundaires are higher thats just common sense but for some reason i cant get above a 3 for some reason moving me to foundation set be back due to higher grade boundaries
(edited 1 month ago)
yes i was i was getting good marks for the class i was in, i know the boundaires are higher thats just common sense but for some reason i cant get above a 3 for some reason moving me to foundation set be back due to higher grade boundaries
Past papers. Just keep hitting them, checking where you lost marks, and keep going, Hegarty videos and others on YouTube. But papers are your friend. Keep your cool, do the hours and trust in yourself. You can do it.
Original post by Maddie57
Past papers. Just keep hitting them, checking where you lost marks, and keep going, Hegarty videos and others on YouTube. But papers are your friend. Keep your cool, do the hours and trust in yourself. You can do it.
my school uses sparx because hegarty never help us, i think I'm just gonna use past papers, we just finished our 3rd set of mocks for y11 so its the final stretch before crunch time
my school uses sparx because hegarty never help us, i think I'm just gonna use past papers, we just finished our 3rd set of mocks for y11 so its the final stretch before crunch time
The anxiety and stress is honestly worse than the exams! Every single day do some practice and concentrate on the bits you hate/struggle with the most. Good luck and report back with the good news in August 😎
yeah i usually just revise on the stuff im bad at so im not wasting time doing something i know over something i don't know or struggle, but thanks ill report back
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest