The Student Room Group

GCSE Math Grading

I'm in year 11, i just did my mock I got a grade 6 in maths for each paper i got 41 for P1, 45 for both P2+3, I'm want to get a grade 7+ about how many mark on each paper should i get.
Original post by Trythebest
I'm in year 11, i just did my mock I got a grade 6 in maths for each paper i got 41 for P1, 45 for both P2+3, I'm want to get a grade 7+ about how many mark on each paper should i get.

Which exam board? (Some boards have slightly harder papers, and therefore lower grade boundaries; some have the reverse.)
Reply 2
i;m doing edexcel, how many mark to earm on each paper
Original post by Trythebest
i;m doing edexcel, how many mark to earm on each paper

OK. It's important to remember that in the actual GCSE, grades are not assigned per paper. Instead, your marks on each paper are summed and a grade is assigned to the total.

That being said, Edexcel do provide what they call "notional" grade boundaries where they "split" the overall marks required for each grade based upon the weighting of each paper (which are the same for maths) and the relative difficulty of each paper.

For June 2023 these notional grade boundaries are below, for both foundation and higher tiers.

IMG_20231213_232550.jpg

You will note that for a grade 7 you would have needed about 48 marks per paper, for a grade 8 about 58 marks per paper, and for a grade 9 about 68 marks per paper.
Reply 4
thanks you so much, i was almost at a 7, but i think earming for 50+ marks just in case grade boudaries rinse

Quick Reply

Latest