The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
(edited 10 years ago)
i am starting to dislike OCR.... especially when they have 5 lines of text at the top of a page and a (5) at the bottom!

can be up to 9, but the 5 markers just seem to not be worth it! :tongue:
I'm currently going through my revision guide.

There's a section on how fuel cells work, do we need to know this? I haven't come across any questions on how they work and I haven't covered it in class either.

In the revision guide it gives three examples; proton exchange membrane cell, alkaline fuel cell and direct methanol fuel cell. Do I need to learn these and their equations?

There's also an image of the fuel cell with a description; an electrolyte sandwiched between two electrodes. Do I also need to learn this?
Original post by eggfriedrice

There's a section on how fuel cells work, do we need to know this? I haven't come across any questions on how they work and I haven't covered it in class either.

In the revision guide it gives three examples; proton exchange membrane cell, alkaline fuel cell and direct methanol fuel cell. Do I need to learn these and their equations?

There's also an image of the fuel cell with a description; an electrolyte sandwiched between two electrodes. Do I also need to learn this?

I'd just learn it all just to be safe if I were you, I know that's what I'll be doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 644

I've just learned about proton exchange, and that methanol are used. I think we do need to know about them, just not to a huge extent. I reckon there may be a 3 mark question on Hydrogen economy or something on the paper.

Guarantee now I've said this, someone will quote me in just over a month, after the paper like "lol ur so rong!!11one!, there woz a 20 marka". in which case just learn it! But focus more on Kc or w/e :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'd just learn it all just to be safe if I were you, I know that's what I'll be doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Funtry
I've just learned about proton exchange, and that methanol are used. I think we do need to know about them, just not to a huge extent. I reckon there may be a 3 mark question on Hydrogen economy or something on the paper.

Guarantee now I've said this, someone will quote me in just over a month, after the paper like "lol ur so rong!!11one!, there woz a 20 marka". in which case just learn it! But focus more on Kc or w/e :smile:

Fair enough, better safe than sorry.
Just covered proton exchange, now for alkaline fuel cell and methanol fuel cell.

The thing is I bet ill just forget this in a few days. -_-
Fair enough, better safe than sorry.
Just covered proton exchange, now for alkaline fuel cell and methanol fuel cell.

The thing is I bet ill just forget this in a few days. -_-

Awesome, I've not done any of this yet I think, just wing it really and just recap it every few days and you'll be fine :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 647
Original post by Funtry

Sorry what is Hydrogen economy?
Reply 648
Not going to lie I am not looking forward to this exam! I need an A to meet my A*AAa uni offer and although I only need around 115 ums it's such a huge module! At least there's still 4 weeks or so to go.
Would someone when they've got some spare time be able to explain the whole fuel cells and storage cells part along with the limitations of hydrogen fuel cells and the hydrogen economy stuff, I'll be extremely grateful for any help as my teachers didn't explain it very well to me, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would someone when they've got some spare time be able to explain the whole fuel cells and storage cells part along with the limitations of hydrogen fuel cells and the hydrogen economy stuff, I'll be extremely grateful for any help as my teachers didn't explain it very well to me, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ill help :smile: so you want me to describe everything?
Original post by otrivine
Ill help :smile: so you want me to describe everything?

Yeah, pretty much if you wouldn't mind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, pretty much if you wouldn't mind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

would you like me to do it in word document with pictures? or on here
would you like me to do it in word document with pictures? or on here

Whichever you think would be more helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whichever you think would be more helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

and can you please help me my friend on the maths question I posted on the thread:tongue:
and can you please help me my friend on the maths question I posted on the thread:tongue:

When I get a minute I will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Enjoy, these are the notes I made for electrode potentials including stretch and challenge questions I made on my own and possible questions that could crop up. Anything or if you are not sure about something please inform me and ill try my best to answer any queries :smile:
When I get a minute I will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: my friend I did the notes, hope you find them useful
Reply 658
Original post by Dr00n
Sorry what is Hydrogen economy?

We live in a fossil fuel economy, and so we're are reliant on mainly fossil fuels for electricity, fuel etc. a hydrogen economy is the same but with hydrogen. That's massively simplified by the way, but is the jist of it.
Hi :smile: my friend I did the notes, hope you find them useful

Those notes were incredibly helpful, thanks now I'll just sit down and learn them sometime next week and just recap them until the exam! Thanks so much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending