The Student Room Group

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by christanmu
You probably need US$4200 and US$45000 for full marks, only drop 1 at the most though!

Another mark lost..... smh lol
Yeah just taking that one on the chin guys! I didn't think - hopefully I can get the marks for my other comments though.

Although knowing those mark schemes it will say no marks for saying a fall in the price level..

Sorry if I came across as sarcastic/rude haha, I was just questioning myself.
Yeah just taking that one on the chin guys! I didn't think - hopefully I can get the marks for my other comments though.

Although knowing those mark schemes it will say no marks for saying a fall in the price level..

It's small things like that which can mean the difference from an A grade and a B grade! hhahah only joking, you might get a nice examiner
Original post by M.I.A
Another mark lost..... smh lol

What did the question want, I've just got something horribly wrong so I may be wrong..

Nononono it asked who had the greater income or something along those lines? So no the actual income in which case you don't need to put US$ as it is just working out, in which case you get the full marks! Literally I have turned off as soon as I got out of the hall :tongue: and I have so much history to cover for tomorrow :frown:
For the 18 marker one of the points I made was if an exchange rate appreciation was caused by high interest rates then it costs more for firms to invest therefore could create cost-push inflation?
Original post by tomble123
It's small things like that which can mean the difference from an A grade and a B grade! hhahah only joking, you might get a nice examiner

hahaha :tongue: It's just a bit annoying - I don't think I actually put that bit about an overall fall in the price level in? I described the changes and then said it was erratic for sure but after that I cant remember.. (yn)
But on how easy this paper was, it is little mistakes like that that could be the difference between an a and a c or something!
Wasn't Chinas Real GDP per head $4,800 and not $4,200?
Original post by charlottecoleman
For the 18 marker one of the points I made was if an exchange rate appreciation was caused by high interest rates then it costs more for firms to invest therefore could create cost-push inflation?

Good point - counter to that is that the strong currency allows for cheap imports of raw materials - but I think that's a pretty valid point! :smile:
Reply 588
What did the question want, I've just got something horribly wrong so I may be wrong..

Nononono it asked who had the greater income or something along those lines? So no the actual income in which case you don't need to put US$ as it is just working out, in which case you get the full marks! Literally I have turned off as soon as I got out of the hall :tongue: and I have so much history to cover for tomorrow :frown:

F it, we will know in a couple months time anyways... Good luck in your History exam tmorw!!:smile:
Original post by lufc_dan
Wasn't Chinas Real GDP per head $4,800 and not $4,200?

Note - I definitely got this one right I was going off the comments on here, I spent about 5 minutes deciding how many 0s were needed :colonhash:
Good point - counter to that is that the strong currency allows for cheap imports of raw materials - but I think that's a pretty valid point! :smile:

Yes I also said cheaper raw materials to produce the domestic goods and services could mean passed on cheaper prices to consumers therefore could cause more consumer expenditure increasing AD and could create demand-pull inflation (depending on where country is currently producing)
Note - I definitely got this one right I was going off the comments on here, I spent about 5 minutes deciding how many 0s were needed :colonhash:

I got something in the $4,000 region. I probably put $4,200 then but for some reason got $4,800 stuck in my head.
Anyone for the causes of inflation get:
1. An increase in wages means more disposable income to spend thus increasing consumer expenditure, increasing AD therefore creating demand-pull inflation.
2. An increase in borrowing from bank (can't remember exact term used) would mean cost more to borrow and invest therefore creating cost-push inflation.

Worrying that I got the demand-pull and cost-push the wrong way round?
Reply 593
1. An increase in wages means more disposable income to spend thus increasing consumer expenditure, increasing AD therefore creating demand-pull inflation.
2. An increase in borrowing from bank (can't remember exact term used) would mean cost more to borrow and invest therefore creating cost-push inflation.

I think that it'd be probably best to write those the other way round, although what you've said isn't actually wrong.

The go to thing for cost-push inflation is really wages rising.
Reply 594

I did them the other way around but your part 1. sounds sufficient
2. I wouldn't be certain on but how would borrowing more lead to more costs for borrowing? Borrowing can stimulate investment leading to demand-pull inflation
For the 2 inflation causes I put that

wages were higher than output level - cost push inflation

and banks were lending more money - demand pull
Reply 596
Original post by lufc_dan
For the 2 inflation causes I put that

wages were higher than output level - cost push inflation

and banks were lending more money - demand pull

Same
Original post by Robbie242
I did them the other way around but your part 1. sounds sufficient
2. I wouldn't be certain on but how would borrowing more lead to more costs for borrowing? Borrowing can stimulate investment leading to demand-pull inflation

I thought an increase in borrowing means less money supply which would mean an increase in interest rates therefore cost-push. But I agree too far-fetched and should have been other way round now looking at it! At least will gain two marks for mentioning wage increase and bank lending.
I am incredibly less confident now than I was before...
Reply 599
I thought an increase in borrowing means less money supply which would mean an increase in interest rates therefore cost-push. But I agree too far-fetched and should have been other way round now looking at it! At least will gain two marks for mentioning wage increase and bank lending.

Not sure really, you will definitely get credit for your wages statement though as its entirely correct more income more spending demand pull inflation it makes sense :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending