The Student Room Group

Historypanic

I'm re-sitting my History As from last year - Rebellion and the Republic - and I am totally freaking out! I got a C in this paper last year....... thankfully the other part of my As was Balkans 1848-1914 and I got a mega high A in that so I got an A overall..... However I'm not as confident this year that I will get so high in either in my full A-Level, so I'm re-sitting to push my As grade up ............. I really need some tips please! :smile:(I am sitting WJEC exam board)
Reply 1
I'm doing WJEC Britain 1880-1929 so not sure I can help with the content. I can offer advice for technique however! on the explain why questions try not to 'list' your knowledge and make sure all your points link with each other at some point of the essay.
For the 'to what extent' question, start chronologically if you can (that way you're less likely to miss stuff) and draw upon events from the entire period you study. don't forget to make a judgement because you'll lose plenty of marks for no conclusion. For this question you should write roughly 50% more than the earlier one

I am doing the same after achieving a mediocre B in HY1 last year. I'd also like to be going into the exam with the marks behind me so I can get an A at A level!
Reply 2
Hiyaaaa :smile:

Im alsooo doing HY1 but .. the Question on Party Politics in Britain During 1900-1940,

i was wondering if you know roughly how many factors would u have to use in the
'to what extent ' questions to weigh up a judgement?

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Shuhanis
Hiyaaaa :smile:

Im alsooo doing HY1 but .. the Question on Party Politics in Britain During 1900-1940,

i was wondering if you know roughly how many factors would u have to use in the
'to what extent ' questions to weigh up a judgement?

:smile:

Well I've never counted the facts but i reckon its about 10/11 - does that sound right?? In a way, facts are only the bone structure of the essay, it is necessary to evaluate and judge if you want to get the top grades i think
Reply 4
Original post by rory1308
I'm doing WJEC Britain 1880-1929 so not sure I can help with the content. I can offer advice for technique however! on the explain why questions try not to 'list' your knowledge and make sure all your points link with each other at some point of the essay.
For the 'to what extent' question, start chronologically if you can (that way you're less likely to miss stuff) and draw upon events from the entire period you study. don't forget to make a judgement because you'll lose plenty of marks for no conclusion. For this question you should write roughly 50% more than the earlier one

I am doing the same after achieving a mediocre B in HY1 last year. I'd also like to be going into the exam with the marks behind me so I can get an A at A level!

Thanks a lot - loads of help!!!! Just handed an essay in and got an A!!!!!! Good luck with your exams...... here's to hoping we both get the best!!!
Reply 5
Original post by Gingerone
Thanks a lot - loads of help!!!! Just handed an essay in and got an A!!!!!! Good luck with your exams...... here's to hoping we both get the best!!!

no problem! sorry i didn't see this in time before the exam. hope you did alright on tuesday! I thought the paper was really good so im confident going into HY4 now! best of luck for the rest of them :smile:
Reply 6
My exams actually on this Wednesday so we'll see...... sure it'll be fine! Well done I bet you aced it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending