The Student Room Group

History Edexcel A level Britain Transformed and USA Conformity and Challenge

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for how to revise for History because I am struggling to get my head around all of the content. Also, does anybody know the full question about 'class' from last year's Britain paper? Thank you very much.
Original post by LSM08
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for how to revise for History because I am struggling to get my head around all of the content. Also, does anybody know the full question about 'class' from last year's Britain paper? Thank you very much.

Hi there!
I took this module last year and received an A* so hopefully my advice is valid! I found studying History seriously hard, so don’t beat yourself up if you get frustrated, tired, angry or just generally want to give up because I know I did several times.
To revise facts, stats and dates I put everything into Quizlet and used the test function over and over to ensure my knowledge was solid.
I would also do a “spin the wheel” of all the topics say from Britain Transformed: Economics, Thatcher Rolling back state etc and time myself 10 minutes to blurt as much as I can on the topic on a whiteboard or sheet of paper.
I went through the textbook and copied out all of the practice questions, printing and scanning the sources but you don’t have to, and planned and timed.
I literally wrote over 50+ practice papers for History in the final months out of pure stress of timing and just generally not being able to recall a lot. This was really good though as when I was in the exam my hand just knew what to do and was writing before I knew it—making me very calm and confident. So much so I finished super early and was perhaps writing too many pages by the end.
Also, if you’re interested I have a page on Etsy under Tulipstudies where I sell my sort of condensed notes for these topics if you’re interested in that 🙂
Regarding the class question, the full question I believe was:
How accurate is it to say that, in the years 1918-51, the class structure of British Society underwent significant change?
I got 19/20 and spoke about the decline in aristocrats after ww1, then rationing and how classes were conflated under ww2 provisions, and then the subsequent rise in affluence with growing consumerism.
I hope this is useful 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipstudies
Hi there!
I took this module last year and received an A* so hopefully my advice is valid! I found studying History seriously hard, so don’t beat yourself up if you get frustrated, tired, angry or just generally want to give up because I know I did several times.
To revise facts, stats and dates I put everything into Quizlet and used the test function over and over to ensure my knowledge was solid.
I would also do a “spin the wheel” of all the topics say from Britain Transformed: Economics, Thatcher Rolling back state etc and time myself 10 minutes to blurt as much as I can on the topic on a whiteboard or sheet of paper.
I went through the textbook and copied out all of the practice questions, printing and scanning the sources but you don’t have to, and planned and timed.
I literally wrote over 50+ practice papers for History in the final months out of pure stress of timing and just generally not being able to recall a lot. This was really good though as when I was in the exam my hand just knew what to do and was writing before I knew it—making me very calm and confident. So much so I finished super early and was perhaps writing too many pages by the end.
Also, if you’re interested I have a page on Etsy under Tulipstudies where I sell my sort of condensed notes for these topics if you’re interested in that 🙂
Regarding the class question, the full question I believe was:
How accurate is it to say that, in the years 1918-51, the class structure of British Society underwent significant change?
I got 19/20 and spoke about the decline in aristocrats after ww1, then rationing and how classes were conflated under ww2 provisions, and then the subsequent rise in affluence with growing consumerism.
I hope this is useful 🙂

Omg this has been so incredibly helpful - thank you so much for taking the time to write! I will now have a go at all these methods as I'm in a bit of a slump with finding History rather overwhelming! I cannot thank you enough again - I really appreciate it.
Original post by LSM08
Omg this has been so incredibly helpful - thank you so much for taking the time to write! I will now have a go at all these methods as I'm in a bit of a slump with finding History rather overwhelming! I cannot thank you enough again - I really appreciate it.

Thank you for your lovely private message and I’m glad you have found it helpful! I can’t reply privately because my account is too new but in terms of paper 2 help my notes weren’t any good! But I have made quizlets on them which you can use hopefully via this link: https://quizlet.com/tulipstudies/folders/paper-2?i=4pzq4d&x=1xqY.
Thank you again! and best of luck with your studies you can do it, not long left now 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by Tulipstudies
Thank you for your lovely private message and I’m glad you have found it helpful! I can’t reply privately because my account is too new but in terms of paper 2 help my notes weren’t any good! But I have made quizlets on them which you can use hopefully via this link: https://quizlet.com/tulipstudies/folders/paper-2?i=4pzq4d&x=1xqY.
Thank you again! and best of luck with your studies you can do it, not long left now 🙂

Thank you so much for the quizlet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending